-= Official 'MM' Club =-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by icemangrafx View Post
    But when night time comes, it shows that the GEN will outshine the REP. The lume on the homages dial are pathetic. If they could just do something about it, I think they will be much more popular.
    As far as I know, there are still lume on the markers be it the 44mm or 47mm. In my opinion, they r not pathetic. At such value, demanding a car headlight kind of lume, is it necessary? There are a few major brands with ur so called 'pathetic lume' and for some ZERO lume, just try make that lume sugguestions to them instead of targeting homages.

These are jus my own personal opinions.

Cheers

Comment

• hahaha...u can try go and suggest to IWC about the lume issue..lol...
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Of course, what you pay is what you get... If other makers can make good dials, why not yours? But in GENERAL most rep and homages that I've found the lume is not on par with GEN. You want a headlight for the lume, I'd rather get casio...

This is not flaming but just making a comparison between the GEN market and REP market... Gen market demanding high price due to workmanship skills, tax, shop rental, ads & middleman. Some of us cannot afford, so turn to Homages which is similar but the price is at a fraction of the GEN. I have many homages & few GEN. Just be contented with what you have. All is well.

Cheers,
        Jay
        PAM 104J (SOLD)
        Omega Speedmaster 3513.50.00
        Omega Speedmaster 3520.53.00 (Triple Day-Date)
        Ball engr. Hydrocarbon Ti TMT LE DT1026A-SAJ-BK
        Ball Fireman Night Train NM1092C-L1B-BK (SOLD)
        RXW MM20

Comment

• Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
          hahaha...u can try go and suggest to IWC about the lume issue..lol...
          That is why I don't own any IWC because the lume sux But the in-house movement is nice. Well, cannot satisfy everyone...

Jay
          PAM 104J (SOLD)
          RXW MM20

Comment

• hehehe...well...to me dress watches dun really need gd lume lar...unless diving watches lor...if i wanna good lume i go for a seiko black monster...hahaha..for me most impt is the build quality and the movement....i am not the lume guy...diff ppl got diff needs...cheers...

Comment

• No point continuing this, let's move on with our lives

I still find lume on homage dials ok. Some may find it good, some may not. We simply cant satisfy everyone isn't it? haha

Last edited by reach10; 03-09-08, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• You are right bro feilong,
                That's the reason why many watch makers and brand out there for people to choose what they want and what they need, be it the style, movement, budget, lume or what ever the reason, there is almost something for everyone...
                You not getting the new 44mm sub? Normally, wider or bigger hands/numerals will have a better longer lasting lume... because of the size
                Just an observations throughout my hunt... U-boat is too big & too simple... Not my style...

Regards,
                Jay
                PAM 104J (SOLD)
                RXW MM20

Comment

• hehehe..i got 1 44mm destro swiss movement and 1 47mm swiss movement liao...burn a huge pocket buying straps liao...now waiting for my orange markers 44mm swiss movement incoming this week for my OC...hahaha...me now into swiss movement not others....hehe..u get wad i mean eh..

Comment

• erm..U-Boat watches seem to be grossly over-priced imo...prefer hommages...lol....maybe i am the type that dun go for branding and hype....

Comment

• Swiss movement demands in pricing, yes. Now limited stocks available. Hand wind (manual) like 6497,6498 is a robust proven movement that can last long. Automatic movements like 2892,2894 is simple and reliable too. The 7750,7753 these movements are with chrono functions. Of course, the more complicated, the higher price to pay.

Enjoy your watch in good health...

Regards,
                      Jay
                      PAM 104J (SOLD)
                      RXW MM20

Comment

• sure thing..hahaha....i prefer the more robust and reliable 6497 hand winding movement...in fact i bought 2 pieces of hommages with the movement in 2months...haha...super reliable and both regulated to within +- 10secs....no regrets....i passed the phase of oem movements...hehehe....

Comment

• Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                          hehehe..i got 1 44mm destro swiss movement and 1 47mm swiss movement liao...burn a huge pocket buying straps liao...now waiting for my orange markers 44mm swiss movement incoming this week for my OC...hahaha...me now into swiss movement not others....hehe..u get wad i mean eh..

Envy u lei I also like but pocket not deep enuff lei. I also like 47mm Destro MM with unitas 6497. . When stock in I go KPO also hahaha
                          You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

• ok after doing some checking on homages and geninues.. there are indeed differences.. some of the faces of homages are non-existence...i just compare pics with panerai site so maybe there are some models which are not listed....
                            anyway basically the gmt homage version look slighlty off.. cannot find 1 official 1 tat fit the look...the closet was radiomir gmt...

Comment

• Originally posted by deadbench View Post
                              ok after doing some checking on homages and geninues.. there are indeed differences.. some of the faces of homages are non-existence...i just compare pics with panerai site so maybe there are some models which are not listed....
                              anyway basically the gmt homage version look slighlty off.. cannot find 1 official 1 tat fit the look...the closet was radiomir gmt...
                              Homages are similar but they are different. Homages might not have the same markings as the genuine. The looks also similar. Of course, the movement might varies from makers and casing due to budget and build quality. Swiss origin will always be the more expensive ones..

Regards,
                              Jay
                              PAM 104J (SOLD)
                              RXW MM20

Comment

• Originally posted by striker968 View Post
                                Envy u lei I also like but pocket not deep enuff lei. I also like 47mm Destro MM with unitas 6497. . When stock in I go KPO also hahaha

hahaha...where got deep pockets...u big towkay leh...hahaha...btw when you go and get it pls inform hor...then can go and get it together...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X