Hougang: dad who bashed flasher compensates him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hougang: dad who bashed flasher compensates him

A father of two girls paid $3,500 in compensation to a flasher for beating him up.

John (not his real name) spotted Norasri Rahmat, 25, outside their flat at around 4.30pm on 3 May last year.

When Norasri turned to face him and his wife, the couple saw that his bermudas were unzipped and he was holding his penis.

John then rushed towards Norasri, and pushed, punched and kicked him. They then called the police, who came and arrested Norasri.

On 8 Jul last year, he was fined $1,000 after pleading guilty to committing an obscene act in a public place.

In his mitigation, Norasri said he performed the obscene act because he was interested in one of the two teenage girls.

A week later, he sued John, seeking compensation for his injuries.

Last month, John paid Norasri in an out-of-court settlement because he "didn't want to spend more money and time to pursue the matter".

On top of that, the couple had to fork out $1,500 for their own legal feesHougang: dad who bashed flasher compensates him
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

in the end, he earn SGD500 for flashing.. That's how Justice comes about..

Comment

I think he made 2.5k not just 500!!
      ( 3.5k - 1k )
      My Small Collection :
      GMT II 16710 Coke U series
      JLC Master Control ( May 2008 )
      Daytona SS White ( Jan 2009 )
      Porsche Design P6310 Red ( Feb 2009 )
      Azimuth Back In Time ( Wrist lounge special edition ) ( Jan 2010 )
      PAM 312 ( Feb 2010 ) ( Send me an offer for this baby if you are interested)

Look Look See See for :
      BNIB 1995 ( W series ) Rolex sport model

Comment

wow, good way to earn money...who was it that needed a night job for cash? this is a good example for ALL to LEARN FROM !!

can go teach the next GENERATION.

IF wanna commit a crime, make sure you provoke the other person to whack you. else you lugi in the end.
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

WTF? become like oz liao. people steal your car, you bash the thief up, and get thrown into the paddy wagon .
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

i don't think i have heard of such cases being sued ..successfully.
            the flasher suing the father.. i think this case would likely to be thrown out of court.
            the father would likely to made to compensate the flasher ..slightly..
            unless he really bashed him up jiat lat until perhaps ..balls also cracked..

perhaps the father should countersue him back for the 'trauma' caused on his daughters, making them unable to lead their live normal since the incident.
            phychological damage always hard to estimate...

paying the flasher, imho, is really humiliating.

Comment

Originally posted by deadbench View Post
              i don't think i have heard of such cases being sued ..successfully.
              the flasher suing the father.. i think this case would likely to be thrown out of court.
              the father would likely to made to compensate the flasher ..slightly..
              unless he really bashed him up jiat lat until perhaps ..balls also cracked..

perhaps the father should countersue him back for the 'trauma' caused on his daughters, making them unable to lead their live normal since the incident.
              phychological damage always hard to estimate...

paying the flasher, imho, is really humiliating.
              yah i think the father did said he do not wanna waste time. u r correct. if the father have time wanna pursue the matter, he will win in the end i guess

Comment

What is the father supposed to do if not to bash him first then call the police?

Which flasher will stand there and wait for you to call police?

So, is the right way?
                1. tell the flasher to stay where he is;
                2. call the police;
                3. if flasher runs away, don't chase; just wait for police to come and then provide a sketch?

if the sketch is no good or you cannot describe well enough, then it is your problem.

What if the guy has molest his daughters, still the same procedure? I wonder whether the judge who awarded the compensation has daughters himself/herself.

Comment

no logic.

Comment

maybe the father should have tried asking nicely?

"erh, Mr. Flasher, I just called the police. Can you wait a while, they coming to catch u le. If you bored, I don't mind you continue to flash while waiting."

that way, wont tio dai chi mah

REMEMBER!! Violence only begets Violence.
                    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

This is common law. What can you do? Everywhere in the world is the same. Some places worse. The police will only put you in their custody. You want to appeal? You talk to the judge. Only the judge can judge you. Charge or no charge.

Put it another way, there is no way to prevent crime. You can only catch after the crime is made.

Sigh. Too much CSI leow..
                      I own a Rolex !

Comment

the flasher flashed ...u do the same back...can compare the tool sizes while waiting for the cops to come?
                        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X