PRC “manager” jailed 4 weeks for drinking naked with clients at KTV lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRC “manager” jailed 4 weeks for drinking naked with clients at KTV lounge

A 33 year old PRC lady by the name of Cao Yan was jailed 4 weeks for drinking naked with clients in a KTV lounge, said a report in Lianhe Wanbao.

Cao came to Singapore in October 2007 to work as a manager in the marketing department of a construction company.

She claimed on her resume that she graduated with a Bachelor degree in industrial management from China’s Nanchang University.

However, investigations revealed that she had never studied at Nanchang University.

It is not known how the Singapore-based construction company was hoodwinked by her fake certificate to employ her.

Cao was caught in 2008 during a police raid to be drinking with a client in a KTV lounge completely naked, thereby contravening the Public Nuisance and Miscellaneous Act.

In her plea, Cao said that she was “drunk” during that time and did not know that her “friend” had stripped her.

Wanbao did not reveal if Cao is a Singapore PR or new citizen.

Cao’s case is not uncommon in Singapore. There are number of PRC women who came here on social visit or study pass, but end working as hostess in KTV lounges or freelance prostitutes plying their trade along the narrow alleys of Geylang which has since become a mini “China”.

Quite surprisingly, some of these women are able to obtain Singapore PRs and citizenships relatively easily.

The media is abound with stories of PRC construction workers, masseurs, cleaners and prostitutes who became Singapore PRs and citizens.

As Cao worked as a mid-level manager, she should have no problems getting a Singapore PR.

Questions must be raised on why her company chose to employ a foreigner instead of a local.

After all, leaders from the ruling party kept insisting that foreigners are needed to take up jobs shunned by Singaporeans and a manager in the marketing department is a job few Singaporeans will reject so long the pay is reasonable.

Perhaps Cao was valued not for her “managerial” skills, but her “talent” for drinking naked with men.
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

i think i lean towards the reason of talent of drinking naked hehe

Comment

"Questions must be raised on why her company chose to employ a foreigner instead of a local." <-- FT willing to drink with client naked? don't think local want to do that leh.. so consider specialty lar..
      I'm a super low-baller

Comment

Wow, Marketing Managers get paid between 4-10k per month excluding bonuses! How would any person with dubious credentials do a better job than Singaporeans with easier to verify qualifications?
        Sweet 16:
        PP Aquanaut
        VC Overseas
        AP ROO Black Themes
        A.Lange & Sohne 1815
        Breguet Type XXI
        Blancpain 50 Fathoms
        JLC Navy Seals
        GO Senator 60s
        GP Laureato
        Zenith Pilot Extra Special
        Rolex DSSD