• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AWOL Man wan avoid army.... fell to his death

Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
    Jan 25, 2010
    Deserter evaded arrest, fell
    By Elena Chong, Courts Correspondent

AN ARMY deserter fell from the fifth-floor kitchen window ledge while trying to evade arrest from military police.

Mr Amos Seah Song Han, 25, died the next day of multiple injuries.

He was at his home in Block 152 Woodlands Street 13 when military police came knocking at his door on May 13 last year.

His father claimed that he was not in and refused to let the military police in to check.

Mr Seah was later seen appearing at the kitchen window looking up and down by a military police corporal who was watching the unit from the opposite block.

The corporal saw Mr Seah putting his right leg out of the kitchen window and holding onto the kitchen sill. But before he could put his left leg onto the kitchen ledge, he plunged to the ground floor.

On Monday, State Coroner Victor Yeo recorded a verdict of misadventure on his death.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_481782.html
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Aiyo...so tragic.

Army...Geng here Geng there....over already.

Condolences to his family.

Thanks for sharing!
    [FONT="Verdana"][B]The Best Dive Is Always The Next One[/B][/FONT]

Comment

Actually though we often hear people complain or nag about NS. I honestly feel that some of my oldest friends and best memories were from that 2 odd years of service

Comment

yup agreed, memories of the 2yrs......hehehe
        every year still the kopi tok during reservist....

Comment

im sorry, but i have very little respect for those who evade their duties to the country. i know i am opening up a big can of worms, but if one finds NS too much, maybe its time to just toughen up.
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

There are people who rather die also don't want to serve NS. We can't change one's belief. They don't serve NS doesn't mean they don't love their country nor too pampel to go for training. It is a mind set, very hard to change... this is a very sad case....

Comment

Sorry to sidetrack a bit. I noticed bro Caeden avatar picture the Rolex is all red bezel. Got such rolex wan meh?

Comment

I think that's a aftermkt bezel, you can get it from ebay

Originally posted by Liv2golf View Post
                Sorry to sidetrack a bit. I noticed bro Caeden avatar picture the Rolex is all red bezel. Got such rolex wan meh?

Comment

Originally posted by Liv2golf View Post
                  Its a fantasy rolex.

the model in the pic is a GMTIIc and the color of the bezel is superimposed on it.
                  I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

During the time... when we were going tru the '****' (aka Camo, Outfield, Attack Movement, digging hole, etc).... sure curse n swear la...

BUT then, now u think back, those were really nice memories...even for reservist now... think can say that i quite look forward to them cox its times when old boys get together, TCSS, etc...

Try telling some of the NS slang to ladies... there is no way they can understand those... but try telling some dude about 'trench digging' and i'm v sure there'll be lotsa stories to share..
                    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Totally agree, i have made some great friends during my navy days. Love the friendship then... everything is so simple, everyone is helping everyone. One for all, all for one attitute is great....

Even until today, still keeping in touch with most of the naval friends...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X