Ways to get best deal for purchasing watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ways to get best deal for purchasing watch

As per subject. Feel free to contribute your ideas.

1) Try to stick to one AD when purchasing watches. Reason - once you establish a good buyer-seller relationship you will be able to get pretty good discount. * this only works with the watches you like are being carried by your AD*

2) When buying any watch piece, try to bargain as much as you can. Stick around long enough. Usually you can get another 5-10% depending on your bargaining power.

3) Whenever possible, use cash. This would save you easily another 2-3%

4) Look out for credit cards instalment promotion. This is useful when you like a particular piece and want to own it yet do not have enough cash for it.

5) Do homework on prices. Some watch pieces are sold by different AD. Check on the pricing so that you know roughly how low the price can be lowered.

6) Surf the web. There are many forums available, just pop in and ask questions to see how much people are paying for the particular model in other countries.

7) If do not mind pre-own, then can always consider second hand dealers. sometimes they got good mint condition ones.

8) Try not to purchase watches between dec to feb. this is because they know that you would have gotten bonus so they will not reduce their discount

9) If you stick to one AD, try to stick to one salesperson as well.

10) If a watch is being sold by say a AD with different branches, or sold by multiple AD, go to various and source out prices. If one AD does not give you a good price then, WALK AWAY. *Exception - watch is sold by one AD and/or AD @ particular branch*

11) Consider asking friends who has good contacts with ADs to recommend you if you are a first time buyer. However, do not keep asking friend to check on pricing and then not going to friend's AD. One possibility is that you do leg work and sourcing and the last stop is friend's AD. Quite likely, friend's AD will either match the price you source or lower by a little. This will benefit all parties involved, namely you and friend and AD.

12) Consider looking around for a few people who intends to buy watch about the same time you are buying. best is the brands are available @ a particular AD, this will help in negotiating price. I recommend no more than 3 pieces. There should only be ONE person doing the negotiating of prices, makes it easier. If price does not meet your criteria, just walk away. It is the AD loss, not yours.
    Last edited by triton; 16-09-08, 09:19 PM.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Thanks for the tips, triton! I think my problem is I didn't "stick" around too long, that's why can't get better deal! Next time will try to warm every chairs in the boutique!
    Rolex Explorer II Black

Ball Fireman Skylab II L.E.

Comment

This should be a sticky in FAQ.. !!
      A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Just sharing my experiences only.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

so far hor, i always buy frm diff shops leh .. heehee ..no wonder i never get good bargain ... damn.

Comment

Originally posted by pet View Post
            so far hor, i always buy frm diff shops leh .. heehee ..no wonder i never get good bargain ... damn.
            they see ur towkay face, where will give discount 1.
            confirm tok u 1.

Comment

Originally posted by D[e]smond View Post
              they see ur towkay face, where will give discount 1.
              confirm tok u 1.
              wow lau, me no towkay face lah, jst abit fat only & 'pao bin' .. ... cos older leow mah. now 72kg. abt 1 kg a year after army ... hahahaa

i think diff to hv regular AD lah, unless hor every few mths u go buy couple of expensive watches ... thn he sure remember u 1.

Comment

Me added some more points in first posts which may or may not be useful.
                Last edited by triton; 16-09-08, 09:20 PM.

kindly email with
                2. your nick

Comment

Add one more thing i've learned from some of my watch lover friends. Go shop for watch during month end. Try your luck on those SA who are trying to hit sales target. Of course, try to avoid dec to feb (good sales months).
                  6694 & 116520 for now...

Comment

Probably the strategy now is to wait for few weeks or mths... the sale of the watches will definitely be slowed down tremendously due to the finanicial crisis..... then u can fish for a good deal... hold your purchasing first... in my opinion.
                    There is a very fine line between this "hobby" and "mental illness."

Look on the wife's face when VISA bill arrived, Priceless!!!!

Comment

Just to add, is it a good idea to hunt for good deals on ebay? Anything to note on watch buying from ebay assuming the watch is genuine.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X