Got diy computer experts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
    good case and excellent design. i agree that need to buy abit better, but i can justify spending 300-400 on case. i think 100-200 is ample (psu inclusive).

my brother buy a A$60 case, and i plan on recycle the case, since the case is look like brand new, just change the internals and ok.

i once got a case, that the switch spoil, so i redesign the switch myself and do some "engineering". now switch ok and working
    Antec 900 selling $215 only. And like Louis say, dun use the PSU that comes with cheap casing. Fry your components not worth it. Its the one single component supplying all your components with power, get a good one for reliability and stability.

Comment

Originally posted by cmsoh View Post
      BTW, should also think through the usage before you plunge in. For eg, a common thing is folks buy 4 Gb of ram, then realise that when they install a 32-bit OS, it only recognizes up to 3.25Gb.

Also, the QX prices now are a bit "extreme" too. I got myself a Q6600 a while back, more value for money. I mean, after all, how much computing power do you need on your desktop?

Invest in a good power supply. Its the most important factor of supplying clean reliable power to your components. If your area power line not "clean", get a surge protector.

Ahhh, so tat means buy 3ghz of ram can liao ah?

My bro run the dunno wat mark3d 06 on old desktop cun even start the programm? use the laptop now i using only get bout 1900marks..
      He always do the photoshop and the sony vega vidio thing hile i only use window movie maker ..Would say he need it more then me.. so what will u recommand for processor? Will be back in sg on monday,tuesday go buy.

And er.. good power supply> my bro say he want either wat factory overclock 8800 or the wat 9800 or the gx2...with the 3 ghz quad core..lik that need now many power?

Thanks In advance. i very lo so..nothing to do now in genting.
      Money Money come to me.

Comment

So err.. after reading bro's here valuble advice.
        Understood that 32 bit can only read up to 3.25ghz ram
        *(so buy 3 ghz can liao)

Need how much power for psu?
        Is there a chart for it?Or hv to go Sim Lim shop count how much power is required by each indivitual conponent den add up to buy psu?

What i hv in mind is put those big big heat sink+ the fan then Casing if use any case but take out the cover,use home fan blow enough?

Really need to go to those >200-300 casing?
        Money Money come to me.

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
          IMO...a good casing is require... but of course not to the extend of getting one for >$300... a good casing will provide better airflow, lowering the overall temp.... Lian Li has always been a good choice..

PSU.. pls oh pls... dun ever use those that come with your casing... once it blows, theres a high chance that it will fry your HDD, Rams, Board, etc... so why blow all your $ on a high end graphic card and save on the PSU....
          i know, i speak from experience. last time blur buey hiao. use cheapskate PSU, burn my mobo, and heng just that.

now i buy antec PSU and run like dream.

Antec 900 selling $215 only. And like Louis say, dun use the PSU that comes with cheap casing. Fry your components not worth it. Its the one single component supplying all your components with power, get a good one for reliability and stability.
          $215 for the 900 ok. add PSU about $150 for antec brand too.

i saw thermaltake once the tower. want 1k++ for kosong tower.
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Cop View Post
            So err.. after reading bro's here valuble advice.
            Understood that 32 bit can only read up to 3.25ghz ram
            *(so buy 3 ghz can liao)
            Ram is in Gb, as in gigabytes, a measure of size. Not in Ghz, which is gigahertz, a measure of speed/frequency. Ram is normally installed as pairs, so for you, if not heavy usage, 2Gb should be more than enough.

Need how much power for psu?
            Is there a chart for it?Or hv to go Sim Lim shop count how much power is required by each indivitual conponent den add up to buy psu?
            Really depends on how many things you want to put in your PC. Google for PSU ratings, and you should be able to find some online calculators that will help you determine.

What i hv in mind is put those big big heat sink+ the fan then Casing if use any case but take out the cover,use home fan blow enough?
            No lar, taking off the cover may not necessarily be better. Unless you know how the air flow over your components, you may end up creating dead spots of no air flow, or eddies, where heat will then build up.

And big big heatsink may not necessarily be better. Materials make a lot of difference. Get copper material is good, but expensive.

Really need to go to those >200-300 casing?
            Not really lar. More important is to look out for good airflow. If you take out/put in stuff frequently, then ease of installation and rounded edges/corners will come in useful.

Actually, for more detailed information, you should check out hardwarezone lar.

Comment

Ram is normally installed as pairs, so for you, if not heavy usage, 2Gb should be more than enough.
              still need to install in pairs meh? i thought only EDO ages then need to.

as to power usage, if u install alot of peripherals(HDD, IDE cards, ROMS), then get higher watts such as 400.

for me, i running 4 HDD, 2 ROMs, 2 IDE cards, 1 graphics card, using 400 so far ok. also i do not plug in alot of USB or PS/2 points.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Bought the Quad cpu Q9450 2.66ghz-4gb ram-msi x48c platinum-HD 3870 x2-1 big processor cooler,philips 220cw monitor + some misc @ $2.5k, cheap or i kanna chop?
                Money Money come to me.

Comment

Bought the Quad cpu Q9450 2.66ghz-4gb ram-msi x48c platinum-HD 3870 x2-1 big processor cooler,philips 220cw monitor + some misc @ $2.5k, cheap or i kanna chop?
                  Like watches: Buy already, don't think so much. Just use it and be happy.

Not like watches: Computers parts depreciate by almost half after 6 months, and completely no value after 18th months. So again, don't think so much about it. Just use it and be happy.

Comment

Like watches: Buy already, don't think so much. Just use it and be happy.

Not like watches: Computers parts depreciate by almost half after 6 months, and completely no value after 18th months. So again, don't think so much about it. Just use it and be happy.

you also forgot to add, once bought, dont go back and shop for the next 2yrs (ie. next upgrade), otherwise you will sure see the product you bought sell at cheaper price
                    Blue 6694
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

you also forgot to add, once bought, dont go back and shop for the next 2yrs (ie. next upgrade), otherwise you will sure see the product you bought sell at cheaper price
                      Haha, tats a good 1.
                      Money Money come to me.

Comment

actually dont need to wait 2 years, the moment u buy, u already depreciate the value. easily by 5%
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

these are the reason why i like to buy 2nd hand. because you will not have to face bearing the brunt of depreciation. as the first owner kenna got it.
                          Blue 6694
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X