• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDB checks on landlords..

[QUOTE=singapore lang;43241525]HDB checks on landlords
    Home owners who flout sub-letting rule could be fined and even lose flats
    By Joan Chew & Lester Kok

The Housing Board will conduct routine inspections and seek feedback from residents and tenants to enforce a new rule on sub-letting. --ST PHOTO: ALPHONSUS CHERN

THE Housing Board will conduct routine inspections and seek feedback from residents and tenants to enforce a new rule on sub-letting.

It yesterday reminded owners that those who do not comply with the rule face a $3,000 fine.

Those who repeatedly fail to comply could also have their flats seized by the board.

Responding to queries from The Straits Times, an HDB spokesman said those who sub-let their flats without registering with the board will be guilty of 'unauthorised use of the flat'.

The HDB announced on Tuesday that owners of flats will have to register with the board within seven days of renting out a room.

The new ruling also requires home owners to provide a whole host of information, including details of their sub-tenant, the conditions of the sub-letting agreement, and even his job.

source
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

fwah fierce. this could be tied in with the loan shark thingy reported on the news. I kinda support this cos when I bought my house, the old owner seem to be in a lot of debts.

I had debtors from UOB, MAYBANK, etc knocking on my door, sending letters, chasing or payment. Apparently, he did not inform the banks about his new address. In the end, made polic report.

No change after that and even got a 'on govt service' letter for the owner. Made 2nd police report. till date, no news from mata whether they contacted him to change address or not. But fortunately, no more debtor stuff liaoz...
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

it's about time they do this.

my neighbour sub-let their whole unit within weeks of moving in (brand new from HDB) and the tenants create lots of problem for us..

Comment

Originally posted by jazziceman View Post
        it's about time they do this.

my neighbour sub-let their whole unit within weeks of moving in (brand new from HDB) and the tenants create lots of problem for us..
        Aiyah... you can give HDB a call and inform them of your woes mah... They will send officers down to check on your neighbour's tenant one... But be sure to inform them to keep your identity confidential hor...

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
          fwah fierce. this could be tied in with the loan shark thingy reported on the news. I kinda support this cos when I bought my house, the old owner seem to be in a lot of debts.

I had debtors from UOB, MAYBANK, etc knocking on my door, sending letters, chasing or payment. Apparently, he did not inform the banks about his new address. In the end, made polic report.

No change after that and even got a 'on govt service' letter for the owner. Made 2nd police report. till date, no news from mata whether they contacted him to change address or not. But fortunately, no more debtor stuff liaoz...
          My advise is no need to lodge a police report for failing to change of address la... Correct authority to lodge a complain is with ICA.

Dunno why all Singaporean everything also "police report police report"... Never bother to find out who is the relevant agency to handle their issue...

Comment

IMO i felt this is just an accuse to (Loan sharking) collect datas from home owners who sublets their rooms. Very soon the gahment will implement higher property tax for owners subleting their rooms.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiolite22 View Post
              My advise is no need to lodge a police report for failing to change of address la... Correct authority to lodge a complain is with ICA.

Dunno why all Singaporean everything also "police report police report"... Never bother to find out who is the relevant agency to handle their issue...
              Failure to change address I don really care. But when I have debtors come knocking on my door, I think its time I had a log number with the police so that I can refer the banks to that report should they need. (esp still getting govt letters)

ICA wont bother with whatever debtors than knock on my door. At most they contact ex owner but should anythng happen, hard to pursue legality issues should there be a need. So, a log with the police is still to my advantage.
              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Failure to change address I don really care. But when I have debtors come knocking on my door, I think its time I had a log number with the police so that I can refer the banks to that report should they need. (esp still getting govt letters)

ICA wont bother with whatever debtors than knock on my door. At most they contact ex owner but should anythng happen, hard to pursue legality issues should there be a need. So, a log with the police is still to my advantage.
                Sigh... ok lah... I see your point of view la. But frankly speaking, police won't pursue/investigated as long as those debtors that came knocking on your door are legal ones (Banks or legal debt collection company).

Also not to worry so much as the one they are looking for is the ex-owner not you so no cause for big worries la... Unless Ah Longs come harassing your unit then it's another issue liao... If government letter cannot reach the ex-owner, then anything that happens the ex-owner will have to answer for it...

If end of the day it's for your own record purpose of such incident has happened, then police will not contact you on the investigation outcome as no investigation was initiated in the first place lor... If you wanna know, can call back the in-charge case to find out the status of your report see how..

Comment

Aiyah... you can give HDB a call and inform them of your woes mah... They will send officers down to check on your neighbour's tenant one... But be sure to inform them to keep your identity confidential hor...
                  i did and HDB did came and guess what..

the tenants moved and the landlord came back; did a housewarming, stay a few days and off the flat is up for rent again..

lucky for them, the new tenants quite ok if not they sure to get it from me..

Comment

Sigh... ok lah... I see your point of view la. But frankly speaking, police won't pursue/investigated as long as those debtors that came knocking on your door are legal ones (Banks or legal debt collection company).

Also not to worry so much as the one they are looking for is the ex-owner not you so no cause for big worries la... Unless Ah Longs come harassing your unit then it's another issue liao... If government letter cannot reach the ex-owner, then anything that happens the ex-owner will have to answer for it...

If end of the day it's for your own record purpose of such incident has happened, then police will not contact you on the investigation outcome as no investigation was initiated in the first place lor... If you wanna know, can call back the in-charge case to find out the status of your report see how..

heh, don really understd why you sighing...but..

ya, main thing I worry is Ah Long san . I don really mind if its legal debtors. But the fact that he has so much debts, it is not unforeseeable that he might get Ah Long.

When that happens, I call police, how do you expect me to prove to the police that I was not the one to borrow money if I did not make a prior report?

Maybe if the Ah-long is willing to sit down and chat with the police and certify for me that its another person using my home address then ok lah...else, lots of investigation, etc will take place before anything can be done to the ex-owner.

Comment

heh, don really understd why you sighing...but..

ya, main thing I worry is Ah Long san . I don really mind if its legal debtors. But the fact that he has so much debts, it is not unforeseeable that he might get Ah Long.

When that happens, I call police, how do you expect me to prove to the police that I was not the one to borrow money if I did not make a prior report?

Maybe if the Ah-long is willing to sit down and chat with the police and certify for me that its another person using my home address then ok lah...else, lots of investigation, etc will take place before anything can be done to the ex-owner.
                      Actually even if you made a police report in the first place, police will disregard the previous report. Mainly because the report is made by you and only you yourself knows better whether report is factual or not... There is no such thing in the world as a "cover report"...

Quote you an example la... alot of people think that losing Identity Card requires a police report - "In case anything happens in the future (eg people use the IC to borrow from Ah Long, Take handphone line etc...) so I lodge a police report to cover myself lor". NO SUCH THING brudder!!!! Whether you lose your IC in the first place no one knows... So if any crime cases happens with the misuse of your identity card, police will only initiate an investigation when the crime is reported...

Hope you undestand what I'm trying to say la...

Comment

Actually even if you made a police report in the first place, police will disregard the previous report. Mainly because the report is made by you and only you yourself knows better whether report is factual or not... There is no such thing in the world as a "cover report"...

Quote you an example la... alot of people think that losing Identity Card requires a police report - "In case anything happens in the future (eg people use the IC to borrow from Ah Long, Take handphone line etc...) so I lodge a police report to cover myself lor". NO SUCH THING brudder!!!! Whether you lose your IC in the first place no one knows... So if any crime cases happens with the misuse of your identity card, police will only initiate an investigation when the crime is reported...

Hope you undestand what I'm trying to say la...
                        yup yup understand and agree in the IC scenario. But your given scenario is when there is no evidence available and only verbal communication. Much like I verbally agree to pay a certain amount, but later, when i refuse. This is actually in legal terms a breech of contract if it was made in a transcation context (yes, even verbal is considered). However, same as the scenario you highlighted, it is my words against another with no physical evidence. Moreover, during an intiated investigation, such back reports will be retrieved to associate the dates. E.g, when you lose your CC and report it, vs the time when you report it was miss-used, any time lapse, etc.

However, in my case, my IC was taken by the police to verify that I now own the flat, as well as a check with HDB. In addition, I presented the On Government service letter together with the debtors letter as evidence. The date is taken into account, and noted that the flat now belongs to me since 2008 as compared to the report made in 2009.

Kinda diff scenario if you ask me and if things happen, its not a mere factual as in NO ONE KNOWS and ONLY ME KNOW since physical evidence was taken into account in the report.

By the way, have you heard of this before whe you made a report?

"How come you did not come earlier to make a report and wait till now?" Then the person will blur blur say,cos nothing happened mah..now happen thats why I made loh

aiyah, no point arguing here and hope you also understand what I saying

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X