X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explanation from member: Why I was banned

Hi to all,

I just returned after having "served my time" (not jail) and I started this thread merely to clarify why I was banned from the Singapore Horological Club, from year 2009 to 2010.

Firstly I beg your pardon for my forgetfulness on the exact date and time but it was sometime late in 2009 (probably few days before it ends) when I posted a very innocent comment, in one of my friendly acquaintances sale thread (LimTH). To remind all, it is an offence here to make unnecessary remark in a seller's thread, whether it meant good or bad, or whether you know him/her or not.

I recalled having posted something like "if I have the money ... ", and a icon in the message box. I thought so it shouldn't 'hurt' much and I meant it well, since I also know LimTH personally. My next log in to SHC, hours later was a shocker to me . I was banned until 8/1/2010. There was no way for me to log in to explain or apologise and the feeling was real . It was like getting a on my face for something extremely trivial (or it was trivial to me) done. At that time, I was having two items for sale and often monitored the developments. So with the "doors shut at me", I could not do so.

To cut the long story short, if this post is not censored, yes, I have been 'un-banned', and only today. Lesson I've learnt here:

- never, never, never disobey forum rules and regulations
    - the mod team takes the above very, very, very seriously

Having said all these, there's no good/bad, right/wrong. Rules are rules. I would like to apologise to the forum team here for my mis-doing. And also to LimTH, if I'd disturbed your sale unknowingly.

Tx SHC for giving me a little space to enjoy my hobby.

Oops! And I have to admit that while I was banned, I created another nick to try and clarify things as well as to withdraw my sales but they were all deleted. I did not mean harm or maliciousness. Sorry for that.

Though a little late, but well, happy new year to all.

Last edited by ohlins; 03-01-10, 05:11 PM.
    The Crown Of Achievement

i refer to the screenshot by triton:

member was banned due to persistent infringement and not bcos of 1 single incident.

the matter is considered closed.
    the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
    visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
    Working...
    X