Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dishonest act on Flag Day 2 January 2010

Hi all

I was totally appalled and disgusted with the behaviour of two school boys that I decided to record this incident. Just to get it out of my system too.

Today at about 2pm, I was at Park Mall and i visited the washroom which was near the entrance towards the fish & co. It was quite empty inside the toilet except for one occupied cubicle. While I was inside the cubicle, two persons took the two cubicles to my left and right. Once they shut the door, I heard the jingling of coins. And this sound was very obvious that the persons were trying to dig out the coins from the donation bags.

Prior to that, I noticed that many school pupils were selling flags and it was for Children Society. So when I finished my business in the cubicle i got out and waited outside for the boys to come out. I waited nearly ten minutes before they finally emerged. When they did, one of them had the cheek to ask me if I would like to donate!

Immediately i said, "No because you will be digging out my money from the bag!" I can see that he was taken aback and the two boys then proceeded away from me quickly. I walked after them and said that I will be calling their school and the police and my parting words to them was HOW COULD YOU TAKE FROM THE POOR!

I followed them to the road and stood and glared at them. What I noticed was that they were wearing white shirt and dark blue pants. I tried to recognise the school logo on the white shirt but alas I could not. I felt quite helpless as I wish i could have called an authority to report this blatant act of dishonesty!

When i got home, i emailed the person in charge of this flag day activity and told them the story which i am narrating here. To think that there are people who take on the kind act of doing charity and yet steal from the poor. Leave me to think what kind of society are we living in and what future generation are we breeding? To think that these boys are our future leaders? that is a mockery!

I am not hopeful that the children society can trace these boys because sadly i was not able to get their names.

Just a lousy day to have witness such dishonesty in a new year!

Cool off

Originally posted by jaweeb View Post
    Hi all

I was totally appalled and disgusted with the behaviour of two school boys that I decided to record this incident. Just to get it out of my system too.

Today at about 2pm, I was at Park Mall and i visited the washroom which was near the entrance towards the fish & co. It was quite empty inside the toilet except for one occupied cubicle. While I was inside the cubicle, two persons took the two cubicles to my left and right. Once they shut the door, I heard the jingling of coins. And this sound was very obvious that the persons were trying to dig out the coins from the donation bags.

Prior to that, I noticed that many school pupils were selling flags and it was for Children Society. So when I finished my business in the cubicle i got out and waited outside for the boys to come out. I waited nearly ten minutes before they finally emerged. When they did, one of them had the cheek to ask me if I would like to donate!

Immediately i said, "No because you will be digging out my money from the bag!" I can see that he was taken aback and the two boys then proceeded away from me quickly. I walked after them and said that I will be calling their school and the police and my parting words to them was HOW COULD YOU TAKE FROM THE POOR!

I followed them to the road and stood and glared at them. What I noticed was that they were wearing white shirt and dark blue pants. I tried to recognise the school logo on the white shirt but alas I could not. I felt quite helpless as I wish i could have called an authority to report this blatant act of dishonesty!

When i got home, i emailed the person in charge of this flag day activity and told them the story which i am narrating here. To think that there are people who take on the kind act of doing charity and yet steal from the poor. Leave me to think what kind of society are we living in and what future generation are we breeding? To think that these boys are our future leaders? that is a mockery!

I am not hopeful that the children society can trace these boys because sadly i was not able to get their names.

Hi cool off , bro , taking money from the poor , is not something new in spore , look at how many of them doing that ? Even monk also do that . Haiz............
    Focal JM_Labs .
    "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
    Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
    Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
    Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
    Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
    Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
    Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
    Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
    Cartier Santos 100XL
    Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

It is precisely these dishonest acts that put people off from giving to charity. The recent spate of dishonesty in Singapore has really dampened the charity spirit.

Comment

They learning frm some gold tap guy n another who has horses..
        "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

The 2 school boys are our future ex-NKF & Renci boss....

Comment

it is so sad that from a young age they are behaving like this.
            just imagine if they are allowed to go on n when they are older, i truly wonder what kind of persons they would turn out to be.
            if i were you, i would dangle 10 bucks n pretend i would donate since they are so kind to help out n ask them what schools are they from n what are their names.
            then i would keep the $ n shoot a nice long email to their school.
            this kind of action should not be condone.
            stealing is a crime!
            to hell more so from the needy.

Comment

Originally posted by jaweeb View Post
              Hi all

Bro, salute to you. But don't let this dishonest youngster spoil your day.

Hope that they will learn their lesson one of this day.

Comment

not only in sg, but here in oz also. I have stopped giving to the charities; because there are too many professionals who look after their interest first, and deprive those who need it most.
                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                Blue 6694
                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

In my opinion, if i were TS, i would have called the police and at the same time get hold of 1 of the boys.
                  (i wont just stand there and finish my popcorn.)
                  2014 March - Rolex Deepsea Seadweller V series MK 1 dial ref: 116660

Comment

Originally posted by SamGMT View Post
                    The 2 school boys are our future ex-NKF & Renci boss....

Don;t assume
                    Last edited by ohlins; 05-01-10, 07:18 PM.
                    2014 March - Rolex Deepsea Seadweller V series MK 1 dial ref: 116660

Comment

Well it all boils down to what they teach their kids at home nowadays! When we were young, when your Dad or Mom brings you to the mall, do jump around like a monkey or run around as if it was a playground? For me its the "No Touch and walk within 5m from me rule. If not go back you see what you get!" Nowadays I see irresponsible parents letting their kids have their way in the malls all the time and even try reasoning with them. Duh Kids don't learn basic courtesy like Thank You's or Bye Bye Uncle anymore..... now they just run around and parents allow them to yell and worse, play with the shop doors. Imagine when the heavy doors at some boutiques clamp onto their fingers! Dumb right? Then they blame that the boutique should have more safety features and threaten with lawsuit.

And yes if you think the country is poorly governed now, wait till these kids take over next time.

Comment

i've seen my friend's son hit him and kick up a big fuss over something v trivial bt he was still v patient. if it is my son.....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X