blacklisting of potential buyers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blacklisting of potential buyers

I have received quite a number of feedback from sellers that potential buyers last minute back out of deal with possible reasons

1) dont answer phone on agreed deal date
    2) dont respond to sms on agreed deal date
    3) reserve item and agree to to pick up by deal date and fail to meet.

to prevent misuse of this system.

1) potential seller NEED to include the sale thread URL.
    2) hopefully there is pm as well. this can be forwarded to any mods.

however, this system is not fool proof as potential buyers may not be members of this forum. this has resulted in 2 fraud cases.

this is a preliminary suggestion. it may or may not be implemented.
    feedback is welcome.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

This sounds good

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

This is a good suggestion. I am prepare to support. However, there could be some circumstances which buyers have to back out of a deal. In these cases, I think it is only reasonable for the buyer to explain to the seller in a nice way. Thanks.

Comment

Having to explain is ok. What we trying to establish is those potential buyers who reserve item and goes AWOL.

it is ok to back off a deal, but be responsible and at least inform seller. i mean sellers still can live with the fact of backing off a deal, though they will still be pissed. but what most sellers want is at least they know if they can move on to the next potential buyer.

Originally posted by hst View Post
        However, there could be some circumstances which buyers have to back out of a deal. In these cases, I think it is only reasonable for the buyer to explain to the seller in a nice way. Thanks.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

its a gentlemen agreement. i mean even the seller can back out last minute?

Comment

good point. cuts both ways. then buyer can give negative rating as well.

point taken.

Originally posted by sooqing View Post
            its a gentlemen agreement. i mean even the seller can back out last minute?

kindly email with
            2. your nick

Comment

Normal lar...

I always sms 5 times to confirm meeting...
              First time to confirm the hold....I do this every week during the hold....
              2nd time before I take out the watch box from the dry box to confirm the building to meet.
              3rd time before I hit the road to confirm the time.
              One more time before I enter the bank to take the watch out from the safe deposit box to confirm the exact premise location to meet.
              And, one more time just before I reach the place to confirm what colour of my shirt & pant & asking for his/hers so that I can recognized him/her & he/she can recognized me...

Call me kiasu...but it works...

Usually, if the prospect fail to answer my sms in any of the trials above, I will not bother to show up...

Comment

wow... Fred, u got good a SOP ...
                just wonder how to monitor the black listed buyer or seller? and how to substantiate who is telling the true and who lies whn 1 of them MIA from the agreed deal??
                Current - Seiko,Rolex,Sinn,AP & RM
                Future - Geneva hallmark
                Past - TH Carrera CV2010, Pam 111, 16610, Pam 233, 116610LV

Comment

yeah. it is a concern that no one can authenticate.

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

How about those buyers who agreed on the selling price, meet up to collect, and then started to find fault with the watch trying to bargain for lower price?

There may also be cases whereby the seller witheld certain defects on the watch eg: movement problem (Moves and stop indicating servicing needed), corrosions and scratches on watches etc... Ended up buyer did not buy the watch...

These kinda grey cases seems kinda decide who is right and who is wrong wor....

Comment

Use a dispute section? If either parties receives a neg and think that it's unfair, They can start a thread in the dispute section and post their side of the story. Then the mods and members can judge from the given facts and decide who is at fault.
                      People & Life Are Like Push-Up Bra. They Often Parade Themselves With A False Sense Of Being & Confidence. The Underlying Truth Are Often Much Less Tantalizing. - Benjamin L

Comment

Originally posted by Promethus View Post
                        Use a dispute section? If either parties receives a neg and think that it's unfair, They can start a thread in the dispute section and post their side of the story. Then the mods and members can judge from the given facts and decide who is at fault.
                        this will be the upcoming "most popular" section...haahaha....
                        I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                        A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                        Audemars Piguet ROO
                        Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                        De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                        Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                        Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                        Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                        IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                        Panerai 270
                        Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                        Rolex 116610LV
                        Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

As long I dun kena scam, I no worry...

Originally posted by dennistwc View Post
                          wow... Fred, u got good a SOP ...
                          just wonder how to monitor the black listed buyer or seller? and how to substantiate who is telling the true and who lies whn 1 of them MIA from the agreed deal??
                          Prospective seller or buyer dun show up, I not scared.
                          I'm happy as long as I can bring my cash or watch back home or the bank safely, LOL.
                          So long as I dun get fake watch or fake watch parts or item not as described or even fake $, I happi liao....
                          No complaints....

To tell u e truth, moderators & owners forums with of bad guys & good guys pages do get sued....
                          Getting sued in Singapore is a nasty business.
                          I rather have buyers & sellers aeroplaning me 1000x than kena sue by them for listing em in a bad guys page...
                          I have no time to goto sub-court & I dun wanna make my lawyers richer.
                          They already zoom around in Ferrari Modena & Maranellos.
                          I dun wanna help them get Pagani Zondas.

In fact, I have no problem with buyers or sellers who decided not to buy or sell even when they meet up and when all conditions are met.

Sometimes, decision can be change without any notice & I don't want to know the reasons if it has nothing to do with watch description, condition, quality, completeness, authenticity & service.
                          Maybe prospective buyer or seller see me they dun wanna sell / buy from me.
                          Maybe they see my watch, they feel it's ugly on e wrist.
                          I dun wanna know of it has nothing to do with the watch's completeness, autheticity & quality.

I count myself lucky if buyer or seller inform or notify me that the deal is off to cancel the meet up.

I have sellers that decided not to show up as they found a higher offer.
                          I have buyers who didn't show up cos they found lower price & better condition & completeness.
                          BUT, It's OK as long as I dun kena cheat or scammed.

I only have problem with people who swap original or newer parts with not original or older parts, claim polished watch as mint, excellent, like-new & even brand-new.
                          I have problem with people who sell real watches with fake papers & boxes.
                          I have problem with people who sell watches with papers from another watch.
                          I have prb with ppl who sell watches with wrong manuals & boxes.
                          I have prb with ppl who use fake $.
                          I have prb with ppl who say bad things about other buyer & seller to make emselves look good or better.
                          I have prb with ppl who sell problematic watches that has mvmt prb & pass on this prb without describing it.
                          I have prb w ppl who says the watch is ONHOLD but still post it everyday or bumping it up every 24hr.
                          I have prb w sellers who respond to post that watch is sold & later repost it a week later at higher price without any explaination.
                          I have prb w buyers who post WTB but never buys.
                          I have prb with sellers who post WTS with pictures of watches that they dun have.
                          I have prb with sellers who post WTS with pictures from other watch.
                          I have prb with sellers who use standard pictures for all watches with e same model.
                          I have prb with sellers or buyers who intentionally make false claims or statements about a watch or series with intent to confuse or deceive others.

So what if I'm not happi?
                          Who cares?

It's a free market.
                          No one force me or anyone to buy or sell.
                          Similarly, no one can force a buyer to buy if there's no deposit.
                          No one have the right to force a seller to sell unless a sale & purchase agreement has been signed & stamped.

Live & let live
                          Cheers.

Comment

Fred Tan is a gentleman businessman. I hope other sellers/buyers should learn from him...

Originally posted by Fred_Tan View Post
                            Prospective seller or buyer dun show up, I not scared.
                            I'm happy as long as I can bring my cash or watch back home or the bank safely, LOL.
                            So long as I dun get fake watch or fake watch parts or item not as described or even fake $, I happi liao....
                            No complaints....

To tell u e truth, moderators & owners forums with of bad guys & good guys pages do get sued....
                            Getting sued in Singapore is a nasty business.
                            I rather have buyers & sellers aeroplaning me 1000x than kena sue by them for listing em in a bad guys page...
                            I have no time to goto sub-court & I dun wanna make my lawyers richer.
                            They already zoom around in Ferrari Modena & Maranellos.
                            I dun wanna help them get Pagani Zondas.

In fact, I have no problem with buyers or sellers who decided not to buy or sell even when they meet up and when all conditions are met.

Sometimes, decision can be change without any notice & I don't want to know the reasons if it has nothing to do with watch description, condition, quality, completeness, authenticity & service.
                            Maybe prospective buyer or seller see me they dun wanna sell / buy from me.
                            Maybe they see my watch, they feel it's ugly on e wrist.
                            I dun wanna know of it has nothing to do with the watch's completeness, autheticity & quality.

I count myself lucky if buyer or seller inform or notify me that the deal is off to cancel the meet up.

I have sellers that decided not to show up as they found a higher offer.
                            I have buyers who didn't show up cos they found lower price & better condition & completeness.
                            BUT, It's OK as long as I dun kena cheat or scammed.

I only have problem with people who swap original or newer parts with not original or older parts, claim polished watch as mint, excellent, like-new & even brand-new.
                            I have problem with people who sell real watches with fake papers & boxes.
                            I have problem with people who sell watches with papers from another watch.
                            I have prb with ppl who sell watches with wrong manuals & boxes.
                            I have prb with ppl who use fake $.
                            I have prb with ppl who say bad things about other buyer & seller to make emselves look good or better.
                            I have prb with ppl who sell problematic watches that has mvmt prb & pass on this prb without describing it.
                            I have prb w ppl who says the watch is ONHOLD but still post it everyday or bumping it up every 24hr.
                            I have prb w sellers who respond to post that watch is sold & later repost it a week later at higher price without any explaination.
                            I have prb w buyers who post WTB but never buys.
                            I have prb with sellers who post WTS with pictures of watches that they dun have.
                            I have prb with sellers who post WTS with pictures from other watch.
                            I have prb with sellers who use standard pictures for all watches with e same model.
                            I have prb with sellers or buyers who intentionally make false claims or statements about a watch or series with intent to confuse or deceive others.

So what if I'm not happi?
                            Who cares?

It's a free market.
                            No one force me or anyone to buy or sell.
                            Similarly, no one can force a buyer to buy if there's no deposit.
                            No one have the right to force a seller to sell unless a sale & purchase agreement has been signed & stamped.

Live & let live
                            Cheers.

Comment

Hi Mod,

I went to view a watch offered by a fellow forumer. Din buy cos din like the actual look of the watch, but most importantly I suspect the watch is fake but am not 100% sure. What I am 100% sure from the very short visual inspection is that the bracelet is fake and the box is not the original box, cos I owned one of the same series before.

My question: what do you suggest the buyer should do in a similar situation if he is knowledgeable enough to judge that someone is selling a fake on sg-roc?
                              Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X