my rolex box MIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my rolex box MIA

i return to australia with a different watch on my wrist, and worried if i take my box/papers i will get stopped and maybe asked to pay gst. even though it is declare as 'personal imports'

now i send my box via post thru changi T2 and now its "lost".

I suspect that the staff at the post office steal my parcel since they know it is rolex box (luckily empty). i never register, as the staff insist that if empty box and declare on my NC22 as "NCV - no commercial value" she say no need register, just send ok liao....... baskit. now missing box and papers i should have registered and at least i can get insured something like box and some money to get certified or something

have complained to singapore post, and awaiting the results of their "formal investigations"

anyone know whether i can get a replacement papers for my watch since it was send together. maybe if sing post can comfirm missing/stolen, RSC can issue me another cert.

have any of you ever lost anything of this type of value in the post before?
    Last edited by seiko.citizen; 10-04-08, 02:29 PM.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

RSC does not issue replacement cert. As for box, most preowned shops sell them
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Haha.. which is why whenever i post anything overseas or receive anything overseas... i always have it registered..... Singpost has disclaimers that even if your parcel is lost they are not liable...

However, Hope that they can do something for you in this case.
      A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
        Haha.. which is why whenever i post anything overseas or receive anything overseas... i always have it registered..... Singpost has disclaimers that even if your parcel is lost they are not liable...

However, Hope that they can do something for you in this case.
        you can just imagine the template response and the finger pointing that is now going on. furthermore as a tourist the staff just give silly suggestions such as no need register (which) i foolishly got taken in.

well. lets see what their investigations say and then ill work something out from there.

i sent my rolex 6694 registered post this time, and i should be hoping to reach s'pore some time next mon-tues. accidental damage and now need to repair, and the so called rolex technician does monkey jobs here, hence i never give him to do. but my mother pass to him and he pass to rolex melb, to service.

thanks MP, so i guess my watch is now boxless and paperless for the time being..... had i known, it would be almost as good as throwing away into the bin. maybe i go looking around in s'pore for the box.
        Blue 6694
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Haha.. be prepared from more finger pointing and 'Tai-chi' (in case you dunno, means pushing blame to others) from Singpost.

Rolex box not that impt la.. since can buy outside.. but the papers...
          A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

cham leow, its like kissing it byebye

should hv the papers in yr bag or pocket...least box still easier to replace.

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
              Haha.. be prepared from more finger pointing and 'Tai-chi' (in case you dunno, means pushing blame to others) from Singpost.

Rolex box not that impt la.. since can buy outside.. but the papers...
              yes i know, in Oz we call it the "finger pointing game". im more worried about papers.

Originally posted by pet View Post
              cham leow, its like kissing it byebye

should hv the papers in yr bag or pocket...least box still easier to replace.
              this is the problem, if i put the cert in my bag/pocket scared get searched then have to explain, and if they not happy, they can confiscate. once i bring my dad 6694 and put in my bag, they also question me and ask me to show proof of purchase etc. so i thought never get into such troubles, just wear the watch and send box/cert to myself.
              Blue 6694
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                yes i know, in Oz we call it the "finger pointing game". im more worried about papers.

this is the problem, if i put the cert in my bag/pocket scared get searched then have to explain, and if they not happy, they can confiscate. once i bring my dad 6694 and put in my bag, they also question me and ask me to show proof of purchase etc. so i thought never get into such troubles, just wear the watch and send box/cert to myself.
                both plastic & papers can put inside wallet also leh... hope u find yr papers

Comment

HOpe u find ur box and papers...keep us informed

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

sad to hear such cock up standard by Singpost... Hope you can recover your lost package soon...

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                    - GMT II
                    - GMT IIc TT
                    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                    - U1
                    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

thanks darkie. i hope it has taken a slight detour and not stolen or missing. but in all seriousness, i think most likely stolen.
                      Blue 6694
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

thanks darkie. i hope it has taken a slight detour and not stolen or missing. but in all seriousness, i think most likely stolen.
                        Could be...Rolex box worth money mah

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                          Could be...Rolex box worth money mah
                          but the cert not worth monkey balls unless they plan to copy the certificate and make matching watch with MY serial number.
                          Blue 6694
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

but the cert not worth monkey balls unless they plan to copy the certificate and make matching watch with MY serial number.
                            You are now involved in the criminal case,please go to the police station for investigation NOW!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                              You are now involved in the criminal case,please go to the police station for investigation NOW!
                              *issue warrants* we have reason to suspect that you are involved in a worldwide counterfeiting ring involving singapore, china, and australia . surrender your watch for examinations.
                              Blue 6694
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X