This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wat u think of Singapore Idol?

War do u think of Singapore Idol?? Is it a popularity contest?
    "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Just my opinion

I think it is another mind distraction tool. but this time is more for youngster. Same like 4D or TOTO. imagine what will life be without this type of distraction. It will be miserable, aimless and people will have no excitement. it is also a tools to stimulate the mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Nooch View Post
      War do u think of Singapore Idol?? Is it a popularity contest?
      it's crap.
      Remnants of my irresponsibility:
      "Foreign affections"
      1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
      2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
      3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
      4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
      What's NEXT?

Comment

hi who is the lady in black (frm philippine) that sing at 10pm b4 the result was announce. I wanted to buy her album due to her strong vocal.

Comment

Well, I'm not racist

But I think they should normalize the voting by weightage based on voters' race...

Otherwise, this Idol will be won only by one race who get all the votes from their voters who could be of same race.

I think if Idol4 is won by the same race as previous 3, they may as well change the competition name to Idola Singapura and ask all the contestant to sing only in Malay, show only on Suria & ask other race should consider not taking part as they wont get enough votes...

I'm not a racist, but inversed voter weightage voting based on race profiling for each contestant should be considered to ensure no one race has added & unfair advantage or disadvantage in any stage due to his/her race.

Comment

who's in the final?
            "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
            three times is enemy action and
            over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
            ."

Comment

don't bother to watch....

Comment

i agree with Fred. all the previous won by same race.nothing to see. i don't think they sing well

Comment

I prefer Sylvia who is pretty and has a good voice. She did not win but may become more popular than the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred_Tan View Post
                    But I think they should normalize the voting by weightage based on voters' race...

Otherwise, this Idol will be won only by one race who get all the votes from their voters who could be of same race.

I think if Idol4 is won by the same race as previous 3, they may as well change the competition name to Idola Singapura and ask all the contestant to sing only in Malay, show only on Suria & ask other race should consider not taking part as they wont get enough votes...

I'm not a racist, but inversed voter weightage voting based on race profiling for each contestant should be considered to ensure no one race has added & unfair advantage or disadvantage in any stage due to his/her race.
                    Leave it bro. Just don't watch. They will always win. It is not about singing talent at all. I know of someone who supported her same race person for all three season to the tune of $500 each, about 1/4 of her pay. Can you and I do that?
                    They help them win, they buy their album. No gain or lose to me but I won't be buying any of these albums.

$500! I rather buy straps or service my rolex.

Comment

Wonder why they never use this kind of unity and strength at the local political polls. Sigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Not racist?

Look closely at your para 4 and tell me its not a racist remark... tell me, what's the national language of Singapore?

anyway, i agree that it's just a form of mind distraction.. but i am amazed at how some people can go deeper and drag race into it...
                        In The Bag
                        Him
                        Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
                        Her
                        Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
                        Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

I am with you all the way. But think about it, they are risk takers... they go for their dreams, give up school to become Idol... Same theory applies to S-League footballers

I am from a different school of thought of course. I ensure I get a good tertiary education, get a white collar job, can enjoy Swiss time pieces as hobby . I used to sing in a band... but never thought of quitting school and becoming an Idol.

It is their choice... but my heart goes out to all the Idol contestants who sacrifice (Education, career, whatever) to join the Idol and did not make it. It's back to the grind for them... Come to think about it, all the past idol winners... if they did not become Idol, what would they be? probably got nothing to lose... I say it as I see it. my 2 cents worth

Comment

Originally posted by surestik View Post
                            Wonder why they never use this kind of unity and strength at the local political polls. Sigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Agree, with their collective unity, changes will be felt!!
                            "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                              it's crap.
                              i fully agree with u bro feudallordcult. some more always won by malay dono y, maybe they sing better? or more action mama haha. i also noticed always it won by guys? must be those horny gals who waste money voting those malay guys. hope it not chinese gals though haha.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X