Next Big Thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Big Thing?

Every brand had a time when they stepped out from being an unknown watch brand to a common household name.
    Examples like Pams, IWC etc. rose so much in value after that so my question is....
    Does anyone have any foresight is to what is the next big thing/brand?
    Just a friendly discussion, any input is much valued.

Ball?
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      Ball?
      I think ball has been in sg and the world for a long time...it didnt make it..so I guess not...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Design, technology and real usage history

Not marketting gimmick.
        That's the key; design, technology and real application history.
        All the brand that can be spinned is already cooked.

Comment

Tudor?
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Possibly smaller, lighter wrist watches, the huge, mega weight 42-44mm+ watches maybe what people will give up and revert back to the cleaner, smaller, sleeker and more light weight watches in the future.

Comment

most well known brand have been around for quite a long time already. so which brand will pop out of no where will have to depend on 'marketing' gimmick.

hublot was relatively unknown until JCB pop by and followed AP way. using a simple ETA based movement and come out with different materials and in limited pieces.

urwerk was design - satellite disc concept.

RM was design mainly. the 'skeleton' movement concept.

sinn was introduced as a good economical tool watch. then now is different theme, similar to AP and hublot concept.

so which brand will pop out? any brand that can innovate with material and design.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

It depends

It depends what you mean for "BIG". If you mean BIG like Rolex or Patek, then it will probably be one of popular brands that are already in the market but moving upwards into the super-premium range. But if you are refering to obscure and unknown brands that are trying to make it to the mainstream, there are of course of relatively unknown and new brands worth considering. One is in fact marketed by one of the sponsors here - Lum-Tec. I happen to chance upon the brand on a magazine (yes!) and was surprised that it was also being advertised by Watchwerkz here.

Since then, I've been to their website and have been honestly impressed with how this brand is going. They are only moving into their 3rd year and the response from the people has been overwhelming. What i really like is not so much their luminous technology (MDV) but rather their designs, use of Tungsten Carbide case, limited runs aka PAM and of course, they are very affordable now. Their biggest weakness is the use of non-swiss movement but they are addressing that next year and moving into ETA movement heavily for 2010. Their estimated prices for next year are also going up - which is actually a good indicator for watch collectors.

Now, I'm not saying that they will be the next PAM or Rolex - it's going to be very very tough, but i think this brand will make it to the mainstream and be one of those "boutique" watch brands like Sinn, Uboat. The good thing is that the owner is very active in the forum and takes alot of feedback from people, which in the infancy of its brand, it's very useful and it's great to participate and be involved in the design of a hopefully well known watch in the future.

Those are just my personal thought - am not an investor or beneficiary of lum-tec or any of it's partners.But have intentions to buy quite a few of their watches while it is affordable!

Comment

Got a feeling Cvstos may be the next brand to be in.

Comment

I guess BELL & ROSS might make it big in near future.first i guess they need to do more marketing & design on more sporty & robust kind of case with use of different materials. Not neglecting the arts of technology & eye catchy small details like wat RJ done for the satellite seconds hands , mixture of material like hublot did, simple details such as mixture of red & black colour on leather or base which bring about a nice contrast.

I notice those who make it big tend to have the classic round case, what do u guys think if BR comes with a round case.. would u spend ur money on it?

Comment

Maurice Lacroix

Maurice Lacroix Pontos Decentrique GMT has recently been awarded the red dot design award.I think that this watch will somehow be the next big thing and overlap Tag and be on the same stream as PAM

Comment

Azimuth, BR & Sinn
                        Opportunities come once

Comment

i wld think independents are the ones...Sarpaneva, H.Mosers, Maitres Du Temps and Peter Speake-Marin..
                          I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                          A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                          Audemars Piguet ROO
                          Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                          De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                          Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                          Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                          Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                          IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                          Panerai 270
                          Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                          Rolex 116610LV
                          Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

like what bro wolfeyes said, H mosers have great potential. J P journe also 1 of it i guess.

Comment

Agreed

Agreed on J P journe , also most likely will see more and more AP fans leaning towards RM , at least i'm one of them , hope to be able to afford one(RM0010) soon .
                              Focal JM_Labs .
                              "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                              Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                              Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                              Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                              Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                              Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                              Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                              Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                              Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                              Cartier Santos 100XL
                              Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse