Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to buy?

Hi all
    Im 22yr old and have a budget of $3k sgd...looking for a nice watch(automatic chronograph)...any recommendation?

Originally posted by MorganOng View Post
    Hi all
    Im 22yr old and have a budget of $3k sgd...looking for a nice watch(automatic chronograph)...any recommendation?
    Some of the Sinn models should falls within your budget.

Comment

Omega/TAG Heuer, BALL?
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Tudor?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

yea, Tudor sounds good.
          fallraen
          "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Comment

Tudor after discount ard 3k...esp the chrono..I was interested at 1 point in time. Hahaha...

Tudor in terms of quality is no 2nd class to Rolex...equally good.

Comment

As far as I know 3k can't get a brand new chrono of most brands mentioned above (except for ball maybe). Unless you going for pre-owned.
              Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Most likely you will be getting chrono with ETA-7750 based movement. So the brands which have been mentioned previous is not a bad choice at all.

My suggestion: check out the Sinn model 203 St Arktis blue. One of the preowned dealers in Singapore has it in brand new condition. Some bargaining, you will get it at around 2k.

You get these: 300m water resitancy, screw down pushers which works underwater, Argon filled case, special Sinn oil to withstand -45 degree celcius, etc.

Best of all, I don't think the price can be any lower than this and you can always resell it, fetching about the same price. Best choice especially if you like blue dial.

PS: My happiest purchase and can be considered one of my first chronograph mechanical watch is also a Sinn. It's the 756. Then I sold it and bought 203 Ti at later time.

Comment

Not forgetting there is also Longines.

For slightly more than half your budget, u can also look at the Steinhart Nav B Chrono II... very good quality & value IMO.
                  sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

this gonna be my first watch, thus i want to choose properly before moving on to the second...have been eyeing on tag heuer for a long time, but heard that the re sale value is not very attractive.I prefer dressy kind of watch that can also be formal as a work watch...arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...really headache...is it possible to get a Franck Muller at ard 5-6K?went to see uboat today at rafflescity...dont really appreciate it...but Maurice Lacroix do catch my attention follow by Rado.

Comment

this gonna be my first watch, thus i want to choose properly before moving on to the second...have been eyeing on tag heuer for a long time, but heard that the re sale value is not very attractive.I prefer dressy kind of watch that can also be formal as a work watch...arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...really headache...is it possible to get a Franck Muller at ard 5-6K?went to see uboat today at rafflescity...dont really appreciate it...but Maurice Lacroix do catch my attention follow by Rado.
                      tot your budget is $3k? if $5K-$6K...might as well get a rolex.
                      I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                      A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                      Audemars Piguet ROO
                      Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                      De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                      Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                      Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                      Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                      IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                      Panerai 270
                      Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                      Rolex 116610LV
                      Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

For 3k dun expect many with good resale..FM dun hav so cheap 1

Comment

ahahahaha...i know FM dont have so cheap one...but i saw 1 going at $6k in the previous sincere sale...might be 60k(never wear spec)...because I'm looking for some big name...how about Omega?Bell and Ross is over my budget and it's not my type of watch.I swear Im bringing my dad to the next sale and chop him like a carrot...LOL

Comment

Omega Speedmaster Pro, i think you can get for about 4+k brand new at the local AD but if you're looking at second hand pieces 2.7+k should be able to get a decent Speedy Pro. Its a decent watch but abit understated and might not be as flashy as you want it to be. I had one, got quite bored and sold it... to regret. If you're looking at Planet Ocean Chronos, they are quite expensive and will be over your budget. Maurice Lacroix and Rado, resale value about same as Tag but the demand not as high.

most important get the watch you like the most for the budget. and good luck in your search.
                            fallraen
                            "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Comment

ahahahaha...i know FM dont have so cheap one...but i saw 1 going at $6k in the previous sincere sale...might be 60k(never wear spec)...because I'm looking for some big name...how about Omega?Bell and Ross is over my budget and it's not my type of watch.I swear Im bringing my dad to the next sale and chop him like a carrot...LOL
                              Ahh I see...but well..usually if there is...design wise you cannot be picky

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X