No announcement yet.

Do you leave your watch winder on 24/7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you leave your watch winder on 24/7?

Hi all,

Wanna ask if you guys leave your watch winders on 24/7?

Cheers

I think TS is asking if you switch on your watch winder 24/7.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Oh shucks another misread reply...i must be really blur these days

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

yes. on it 24/7 since it is running on a program cycle. it starts and stops @ periodic interval. anyway, its power consumption is pretty low.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Same here... 24/7. But that depends on your winders, some can be programmed till it "optimally winds" your watch then it will auto stop/resting period.

But if yours can't be programmed, leaving it on 24/7 will just cause unnecessary wear and tear to your automatic watch (especially the clutch to prevent overwinding when the mainspring is fully wound).

Comment

depends. If its modalo's winders which does more than 2000 TPDs, then I will only leave it on the winder for a few hours an not 24/7. Althou I don recommend such winders even tho its 'affordable'. The TPDs are really excessively high for most (not all) mecahnical watches

If its others that does below 1000 TPDs, then its fine to leave it 24/7.

Optimally, most mechanical watches needs 600-850 TPDs.

The winder is NOT to make sure your watch is fully wind. Its just to make sure it does not stop. Hence, no need to have more than 1k of Turns per day. not very healthy for ypur watch IMO
            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X