Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiona Xie quits acting to pursue photographic career

Fiona Xie quits acting to pursue photographic career

SINGAPORE : Singapore actress Fiona Xie has announced that she will leave MediaCorp for Hong Kong to pursue a career in photography.

This revelation quashes rumours that she is leaving because she was pregnant or has become a kept woman.

"The rumours are so ludicrous that I don't even feel hurt. If I wanted to become a kept woman and leave the business, I would have left eight years ago," she said, explaining that she had gotten a number of sleazy propositions when she was fresh in the business.

Rumours started flying in July after Xie abruptly withdrew from Channel 8 drama serial "Together" citing "personal reasons" and then totally disappeared from our radar. She was recently seen hosting food documentary series "Singapore Flavours" which debuted on Channel U last month.

The 27-year-old actress explained in an interview published on this weeks's 8 Days magazine that she did not set out to avoid the media but was simply weary of the complications speaking to them would bring.

As for the "personal reasons" for rejecting the role, Xie said she could not find her character's voice though she admits that she gave it up partly because of her Australian-American boyfriend.

According to the actress, her boyfriend did not like the script as it contained too many kissing scenes, so she turned it down.

"He wanted me to ask for amendments to the script so I have less kissing scenes. I know that is impossible but I don't want him to be unhappy," she explained.

Xie's 23-year-old squeeze is an enigma. They first met on the set of Kelvin Tong's supernatural thriller "Rule #1" in 2007 and have been dating for a year, and he is reportedly an art enthusiast who lives like royalty in Hong Kong, but everything else about him remains a mystery.

The actress who has been dubbed one of MediaCorp's seven Princesses, was named Best Newcomer in her first year and was twice voted one of the top ten most popular actresses by viewers at the annual Star Awards.

Her decision to drop everything and base herself Hong Kong will force her to bid goodbye to her annual salary of about S$500,000. However, it will afford her greater control over her life and gives her the freedom to choose what projects she wants to do.

She said that while she is concerned that this loss of income might affect the livelihood of her mother and her younger brother, Dylan, who is sill studying, she is determined to get a fresh start in Hong Kong. The actress, who had recently embraced Christianity, has no regrets.

"What's the good of being in a place that brings out your worst?" Xie said.

"I left to truly experience living," she added. "To get rid of the cocoon, and to spread my wings!"

- CNA/ha
    "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

annual salary of about S$500,000, so much!!!!

BF is angmo 23 years old, OMG...local gals going 'loco' all wanna get Angmo babies...

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

lucky guy!

Excellent earning power with great looks! sedap!
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

photography?

i also changing career liao.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Damn...I must be very tired...I saw the word "photographic" as something else

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post

Dun worry... at ur age, its common to see those 'words'

But if she is going into 'THAT'... wouldn't Japan be a better destination than HK?

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post

But if she is going into 'THAT'... wouldn't Japan be a better destination than HK?
              Hahaha...you got me!

Japan competitive lah...haha

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Wah. Then I can be director Liao if she succeeds in photography. Kekkeke
                but she is hot. Danced with her at Zouk 5-6 yrs ago. She's hot man. She was with my colleagues other group of friends then.
                One less quality eye candy on Ch 8. Wish her luck.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                - GMT II
                - GMT IIc TT
                - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                - U1
                - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Wasted.. another SPG...

Japan's artistic videos too advance for her la.. Sometimes involves animals..

Originally posted by admin View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                    pian.. if she going into "That", Singapore sure got market..
                    I'm a super low-baller

Comment

PLS Dont quit... we need to see alot more u

Comment

wah 27 and 23. older sis and younger bro

but a bit weird. I tht ang mo don mind all those kissing and stuff?

aiyah 500k per annum is nothing. She gg to join her bf who lives like royalty in HK leh!! probably has more cash then her.

qk question. does that make her a 'kept' woman of sorts? not really right? cos its openly declared?
                        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Good morning...

I own a Rolex !

Comment

Sad...most local gals really fancy Ang mo..all want make ang mo babies... e retired actress Cassandra also ang mo husband.. SPGs..but agree tat Fiona is hot..

Comment

if their age gap is 27 and 23,then I give it 90% chance it wont work out in the long run.

reasoning is if the guy is only 23 and sooo damn rich, why would he give up the forest for 1 Fiona.

at 23, most guys are still not stable and ready to settle down, what more if he is mega rich ! if I were him, I will have a GF in every major city from New York,London ,Paris to Tokyo!
                              My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
                              1) WG DIA 18239
                              2) YG DIA 18238
                              3) WG 18239
                              4) YG 18238
                              5) YG 18248G Bark
                              6) WG DIA 18039
                              7) WG 18039
                              8) YG 18038
                              9) Tridor DIA 18039B
                              10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
                              11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)