How long can it lasts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long can it lasts?

I was wondering sometimes if this 'watch' hobby is another "growing up (or old)" phase in my life, that will go away at some point in time. It may sound stupid to some, if not most of you, but it's purely meant for discussion. I was into few hobbies but now, no longer feel for them anymore (or at least not that strongly).

.. or is it just me ?
    The Crown Of Achievement

sometimes hobbies can change due to the lifestyle changes or income...however regarding to watch hobby, i will not give up as there are so many things to learn about them...
    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I think it comes and goes. 1 year ago, I was into watches. bought a few then lost interest cos no vit M.

1 year later, I started for no reason to go back and read up on them again. changed to higher end brands, etc..

now hoping to lose this 'bad' habit again
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

i always no $$$....

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
          I think it comes and goes. 1 year ago, I was into watches. bought a few then lost interest cos no vit M.

1 year later, I started for no reason to go back and read up on them again. changed to higher end brands, etc..

now hoping to lose this 'bad' habit again
          See! This' what I mean. Some hobbies can come and go, and come back again. Some, you'll lose totally. Sometimes, I have thoughts of clearing all my watches and not wear any, anymore. I'll probably save more money. But each time I put one (esp the favourites) on my wrist, I just can't bear, and worse, I want MORE!!

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Everyday eat your favourite dish also will sian...

Once in awhile take a break...change abit...when you go back again...the love for it will still be there....

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

well...it take alot of self-restrain to not buy watches....my motivation to stop buying is simple....just look into my wallet and instantly i stop the urge to buy...hehehe

Comment

or is it to fufill our inner desire (addiction instead)? cos now my goal is to have 8 of my favorite watch to fill up the winder ...... and hopefully it stops there

just like when i was into cars, the modding wish list goes on and on till after a while the car became old and i lost interest and curb the bad habit and switch to watches which will have less losses compared to car addiction.....

Comment

Everyone of us who has a hobby has a certain "weakness" (some say 'Interest') for the hobby. Be it the quest for knowledge, the joy of ownership, etc. Once this desire is no more, then the hobby goes too. But sometimes, like an old flame, it gets rekindled.

But while you are in it, the journey is enjoyable. It is not an end by itself. All the money on spent on watches & accessories, time spent reading up and researching, I just enjoy the process.

I think of it as a privilege to have such a hobby (as opposed to, say, collecting stamps? ), or even have a hobby in the first place. So, I say to myself, regardless if I am still in this down the road, it was well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1248614 View Post
                    Everyone of us who has a hobby has a certain "weakness" (some say 'Interest') for the hobby. Be it the quest for knowledge, the joy of ownership, etc. Once this desire is no more, then the hobby goes too. But sometimes, like an old flame, it gets rekindled.

But while you are in it, the journey is enjoyable. It is not an end by itself. All the money on spent on watches & accessories, time spent reading up and researching, I just enjoy the process.

I think of it as a privilege to have such a hobby (as opposed to, say, collecting stamps? ), or even have a hobby in the first place. So, I say to myself, regardless if I am still in this down the road, it was well worth it.
                    Well worded but how worthy it was will depend on individual. It's always the mindset of, "if I would have known, I would/would not have spend so much on .."

It's like when I was into keeping pet fish long ago. The hobby hit me and I spent thousands of dollars indulging in buying many fish tanks, accessories, equipment, etc. Thinking back now, I really want to myself! Not to forget the amount of water and electricity bills I'd chalked up (I have had up to 8 fish tanks at one time ).

So, if I'd have known then, I would not have ...
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Foxbat View Post
                      or is it to fufill our inner desire (addiction instead)? cos now my goal is to have 8 of my favorite watch to fill up the winder ...... and hopefully it stops there

just like when i was into cars, the modding wish list goes on and on till after a while the car became old and i lost interest and curb the bad habit and switch to watches which will have less losses compared to car addiction.....
                      you should get a bigger winder
                      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

All the poisonous ppl in here...lol

Comment

Had hobby ways before like lohan, carry fish tanks, finding big head and others etc

Only got poision on watch hobby recent years, been wonder such a tiny steel can fit with sophisticated engine inside, puzzle how these designer can do it inner & outer with such limited space, that starts strike my interest & go exploring reading magazine, after seeing it, wear it, own it, wow, shiok!!!

Most hobbies depreciated varies except the right watch valued probably stay more or less and it keeps you accompany as it always beside you.

Knowing more good forumers kaki was a bonus point to enjoy it when exchange info of watches, we keep chating, pm, sms just only watch starting from stranger even midnites

Stepping to any shopping area or airport, the 1st sight always find watch shop instead of others, lol

I enjoyed as long within my ability, lucky able to control myself for not over posion
                          past collection
                          Omega 3510.61,3520.50,3510.53,3510.50,3511.50,3513.50,35 21.30
                          Rolex 1500,1601,1675,1680,5513,6426,6694,14060M,16234, 16523,16013,16570,16600,16613,16713,16800,16520,11 6523,116660,16610,16610lv

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                            you should get a bigger winder

after i hit 8, i will quit

Comment

Its a hobby that can consume lots of cash.

For me I always like watches but only admire and buy cheaper ones like seiko, alba, citizen, casio, swatch.

Until I started swiss watch and man cash down down down.

Some pieces depreciate a lot, some less. At the end its a hobby that retain more value than others. It can also be enjoyed 24/7. Anytime of the day can look at and smile to yourself and get people puzzled.

Keep looking at wrist without smile and people thought you rushing for time.

Don't know how long it will last for me. Slowing down now as cashflow is red and CFO face black. Given cash and choice I will carry on buying and keep number around 20 max. Too many no hand to wear.

For now I will keep number to 5-6.
                              Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X