Silver & Gold.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver & Gold.......

So a few years ago I started buying Silver at 10 USD a troy oz and Gold at 550 a troy oz. I bought these at UOB's main branch. Silver was purchased via a silver passbook account and the Gold was bought via issued kilogram certificates. Currently I hold 1300 ozs of Silver which was bought between 10 and 12 USD per troy oz and the 4 kg certificates of Gold was purchased per kg at 550, 580, 600 and 660 USD a troy oz.

So what do the resident experts think, do these 2 have farther to run or should I cash it all in now and bank my profits?

Great way of saving man...

I dunno about you but I would probably cash out part of it soon...not all maybe 30-50% of your gold? I have been watching gold..so that's all I can comment.

Your Submariner(assume amt converted to gold) back then could be a Daytona now!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

i think u r a great invester given your vast wealth. u do not need any experts, u yourself is an expert

Comment

Let's say you cash them out (all or either part of it), then are you gonna reinvest or spend?

Comment

Originally posted by z1971 View Post
          Let's say you cash them out (all or either part of it), then are you gonna reinvest or spend?
          On a 116520?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

fwah, from the way u invest, you really should listen to your own gut feeling now. you owe everything to yourself. congrates congrates!!!!

if only I had such foresight as you (but have also no money bo bian)
            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Here's my 2 cents worth on the question at hand.I would reckon that you should look at the past 3 or 6mths performance and take an average to calculate your potential earnings against the rate now.

Then cash out an amount in relation to the earnings which you've calculated or maybe a little more if you like and keep the rest in there to appreciate further.

My take is that gold will continue to rise at least for the next quarter. But this is just me. But am a firm believer that currencies and countries will pass but gold will always be gold.

Comment

There is a limited of how much Gold exist all over. My take is maybe u wan to cash out some? I think Gold will rise some more as USD continues to drop.
                "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Originally posted by Watchman1957 View Post
                  So a few years ago I started buying Silver at 10 USD a troy oz and Gold at 550 a troy oz. I bought these at UOB's main branch. Silver was purchased via a silver passbook account and the Gold was bought via issued kilogram certificates. Currently I hold 1300 ozs of Silver which was bought between 10 and 12 USD per troy oz and the 4 kg certificates of Gold was purchased per kg at 550, 580, 600 and 660 USD a troy oz.

So what do the resident experts think, do these 2 have farther to run or should I cash it all in now and bank my profits?
                  For gold purchase using the certificate, does it means that you do not actually "get" the physical gold bar? what's the min denomination / weight?

and for sale, i think the bank will charge some commission, right?
                  My Small Collection :
                  GMT II 16710 Coke U series
                  JLC Master Control ( May 2008 )
                  Daytona SS White ( Jan 2009 )
                  Porsche Design P6310 Red ( Feb 2009 )
                  Azimuth Back In Time ( Wrist lounge special edition ) ( Jan 2010 )
                  PAM 312 ( Feb 2010 ) ( Send me an offer for this baby if you are interested)

Look Look See See for :
                  BNIB 1995 ( W series ) Rolex sport model

Comment

Gold Cert vs Gold Bar

I contemplated the same question before as the only issue with buying the physical bars is you get charged for storage unless you wanna carry them home.

So it depends alot on your preferences actually.

Comment

Oh ya, in-case you're thinking of buying gold bars in large amounts, its a hellova inconvinience because you'll get checked BIG TIME. So just buy in small amounts here there and everywhere and keep them somewhere safe .

Comment

With 4kg of gold to your name, you really don't need advice from people here. Instead you can advise us. Easier for people here to advise you on what watch to buy once you cash out your gold.

Surely, a gold rollie to celebrate. Congrats.

Comment

When you buy physical gold, you already lose 7% on GST now. If you buy 100g gold bar you lose 7% GST + 3% = 10%. The lighter weight of gold you buy the more expensive. Gold account is a better choice because you do not lose much.

I bought $120k of bluechip Stock in Singapore during Feb and March, now still keeping. Do not listen to rumor and bull **** like ppl saying what bank collapsing, H1N1, N Korea war, Dubai debt.
                          Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
                          Rolex LV submariner
                          Rolex TT black submariner
                          Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
                          Rolex Non date submariner
                          Rolex Explorer2
                          More...

Comment

Originally posted by z1971 View Post

Neither, if cashed out the money returns in SGD and stays int he bank which is pretty stable but forget the interest paid on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                              On a 116520?

Nope I have never been a big Rolex guy but if and when I buy one, it will be this one, the 16523 or the 116523. It is a beautiful watch.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X