• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More locals dating foreigners?

Nov 30, 2009
    More locals dating foreigners?
    By Shawn Lee Miller

WITH more and more foreigners coming to Singapore to work, has it changed the dating scene here?

In a recent survey conducted by dating review site Club Uno, one third of 517 singles polled felt that having expatriates here presents more dating opportunities and are open to dating them.

Asked if they would date a foreigner, most local women RazorTV interviewed said yes. Their reason? They said they found local men to be 'boring, childish and possessive'.

Still, some women told RazorTV they would only date Singaporeans as they felt more comfortable with locals.

Is it e revenge of e SPG???
    "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

I don't deny that some local men are 'boring, childish and possessive'. But let's call the spade of spades... some local women are 'materialisitic, equally uninteresting, and don't behave like a lady'

It will be a sweeping statement to say that generally local men and local ladies are this and that... but to each his/her own.
    You see some of these foreigners working in Singapore, let's face it, they don't stand a freakin' chance with their ladies back in their home country. But here... they suddenly become a hit with local ladies. Although some of these foreign men look fat, scruffy, devoid of style, they always have a pretty local gal in their grasp. Perhaps they have a really good sense of humour, they are very interesting (sic)... blah blah blah...

I work with a lot of these expatriates, some of them, yes stylo mylo... but not all. Period. Some of them revealed that they are having the time of their life in Asia with more spending power and more local gals willingly flocking into their arms. Good for them. If the local gals can't see thru this, then are they worth the hassle and debate? nah....

Comment

Flip the coin... What's the proportion of local/Asian men dating foreign ladies?. Not a lot I presume? Why?.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedFreak View Post
        Flip the coin... What's the proportion of local/Asian men dating foreign ladies?. Not a lot I presume? Why?.

Depends on how fat the local/Asian man's wallet is, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Watchman1957 View Post
          Depends on how fat the local/Asian man's wallet is, doesn't it?
          Definitely!!

How else do you think our Ah Pek here can be so popular in Batam and also in China town with the "foreign talents" ??

No Money No Honey
          My Small Collection :
          GMT II 16710 Coke U series
          JLC Master Control ( May 2008 )
          Daytona SS White ( Jan 2009 )
          Porsche Design P6310 Red ( Feb 2009 )
          Azimuth Back In Time ( Wrist lounge special edition ) ( Jan 2010 )
          PAM 312 ( Feb 2010 ) ( Send me an offer for this baby if you are interested)

Look Look See See for :
          BNIB 1995 ( W series ) Rolex sport model

Comment

Originally posted by rh1667 View Post
            Definitely!!

How else do you think our Ah Pek here can be so popular in Batam and also in China town with the "foreign talents" ??

No Money No Honey

I was speaking more of the US and European women but then I also speak of what I have seen. I know 1 American woman married to a Indonesian-Chinese man here. She is beautiful and I have discussed her situation with her, she does not love the guy, she knows he cheats on her, he is richer than God and they have 2 kids she knows he would never let her take back to the US. She is stuck in the marriage and he has the upper hand.

I know another Indonesian Chinese who is married to a butt ugly German woman, a real bi*ch, a real gossip and he hates her but he is a little down trodden himself and they have 2 kids and he knows he cannot divorce her either or she will take the 2 kids back to Germany.

Comment

ai ya, guys all the same lah... if u in the 20s/30s... still single, work overseas eg.. china etc, got $$ to spend, i think also go f ard ... hahhahaa

Comment

nowadays i really saw alot of these local women with angmo, some are even fat or ugle, I have come to a conclusion that as long as you're angmo even if u're poor its ok... its a trend.

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Originally posted by pet View Post
                  ai ya, guys all the same lah... if u in the 20s/30s... still single, work overseas eg.. china etc, got $$ to spend, i think also go f ard ... hahhahaa
                  LOLzz..haha remember to wipe ur mouth after makan..

Comment

well, seems like some locals are questioning the singapore way of upbringing.

everything follow law so become 'boring, childish and possessive'.

make a guess why less birth rate

but then again, foreigner woman also more 'open' hor?
                    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by Nooch View Post
                      nowadays i really saw alot of these local women with angmo, some are even fat or ugle, I have come to a conclusion that as long as you're angmo even if u're poor its ok... its a trend.
                      i'ts truuuuuuuue lurve....
                      "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                      three times is enemy action and
                      over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                      ."

Comment

Originally posted by Nooch View Post
                        LOLzz..haha remember to wipe ur mouth after makan..
                        hahaha... last time i makan no wipe 1... hahahhaa.... cos single mah....... hahahaha..gv tel, pay bill with card, go bck early in morning etc... no problem...hehehee

now married, cannot lah... dont even dare to go 'restuarant' and makan.....makan at home nia.... jia ka ki... hahahhaa...

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                          well, seems like some locals are questioning the singapore way of upbringing.

everything follow law so become 'boring, childish and possessive'.

make a guess why less birth rate

but then again, foreigner woman also more 'open' hor?

Don't you believe it was the upbringing, the attitude taught in public school that made local men insecure of themselves thus childish and possessive?

Comment

Originally posted by Watchman1957 View Post
                            Don't you believe it was the upbringing, the attitude taught in public school that made local men insecure of themselves thus childish and possessive?
                            ya thats why i saying that now female locals are questioning our upbrining mah
                            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Choice aplenty

Time to date Burmese, Japanese, Korean, Mongolian, Chinese, Taiwanese, Cambodian, Laotian, Thai & other exotic gals.

As long as they are not prostitute or a man, I say if we should enrich our gene pool with these foreign talents tat have filled up this island, right?

Local women?
                              Err....no thanks

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X