Anybody play shares here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody play shares here

Care to share your picks, reason and stragetics??
    For me,just buy in Transcu at 11cent and Memstart at 10 cent today. bth penny stock as no money to invest in bluechips. Bth picks was recommended by my broker. i only invest a little bit, as very scared to lose money. Bros are feel free to share your views??

Today markets plunged...good time to go in?? ...tio burnt today sia

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
      Today markets plunged...good time to go in?? ...tio burnt today sia

Hi aston,
      Actually Nov or Dec can be a good time or bad time to go enter, it is just whether you guess it right or not. Cos this is time where most fund managers cash out their profit. waiting for bonus. lolx:crazy Some people will buy and some people will sell,either one side will be the stupid one. This is what my brother in law told me whom is in the financial line. Anyway i am just a small punter, i just play for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashtray View Post
        Hi aston,
        Actually Nov or Dec can be a good time or bad time to go enter, it is just whether you guess it right or not. Cos this is time where most fund managers cash out their profit. waiting for bonus. lolx:crazy Some people will buy and some people will sell,either one side will be the stupid one. This is what my brother in law told me whom is in the financial line. Anyway i am just a small punter, i just play for fun.
        True true...anyway I m playing on a demo platform...which is part of my school work. But I do monitor the markets...and trade with the virtual capital

Yeah timing plays a big part man...

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
          True true...anyway I m playing on a demo platform...which is part of my school work. But I do monitor the markets...and trade with the virtual capital

Yeah timing plays a big part man...
          Is there such as a game like playing shares game.

Schooling? By the way, how old are you?

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSG View Post
            Is there such as a game like playing shares game.

Schooling? By the way, how old are you?
            Haha...not hard to find out how old I am I shall leave it to you

Comment

Just sharing

Shares prices goes up and down everyday, it does not have much fundamental like last time. Shares now also depend on emotion, indirect and unknown reason more than fundamental. Still waiting for the technical adjustment/correction. Dun know when and everyone is rather caution. However, the main thing about shares is you must have the holding power AKA spare money ( money that you dun need to use daily or even yearly). If you dun have the holding power, your risk will be very very high. There are no good time or bad time to buy share. If you have money, anytime is good time. Just like DBS. It has been fluctuating around 30+cents for this week. If you pick up at the lowest point. you could earn 30cents per share for this weeks. However, if you happen to pick up when it is rising. you could lose 30+ cents today. Therefore, if you have the power to hold and you believe that it will surpass your buying prices, then "one day" you will earn money. Therefore again, you must have the power to hold. Just read the news on yahoo. Dubai debt mounting and affecting world stocks. Sigh....share prices will be rocking a again.

Comment

I hear so many stories of people playing with shares tio burnt, so I prefer not to buy.
                Playing Shares this days seems depend on luck more than skills.
                Dont play = win already

But then I think playing shares, die die must follow 2 things...
                1) Dont play on credit. Play what you can afford to play.
                2) Dont be greedy. Win a bit constantly better than to lose one time gao gao.

Comment

Originally posted by Cessna View Post
                  Shares prices goes up and down everyday, it does not have much fundamental like last time. Shares now also depend on emotion, indirect and unknown reason more than fundamental. Still waiting for the technical adjustment/correction. Dun know when and everyone is rather caution. However, the main thing about shares is you must have the holding power AKA spare money ( money that you dun need to use daily or even yearly). If you dun have the holding power, your risk will be very very high. There are no good time or bad time to buy share. If you have money, anytime is good time. Just like DBS. It has been fluctuating around 30+cents for this week. If you pick up at the lowest point. you could earn 30cents per share for this weeks. However, if you happen to pick up when it is rising. you could lose 30+ cents today. Therefore, if you have the power to hold and you believe that it will surpass your buying prices, then "one day" you will earn money. Therefore again, you must have the power to hold. Just read the news on yahoo. Dubai debt mounting and affecting world stocks. Sigh....share prices will be rocking a again.
                  Thx bro for sharing, i am actually quite a newbie to shares. I truely agree on your two points, it does not have much fudamentals like last time and holding power. Which in my opinion is because everythings got its pros and cons. FOr example during economic down turn, those stock with fundamental will not suffer so much. And during bullish, you will see those shares with no fundamentals rises like nobody business, while those with fundamental stay put. For me i seldom play shares, but this is what i see my dad do. He also cannot guess when is high or low so he use averaging, buying in different days or weeks. Then he will cash out those that he profit and hold those that he lose. Actually he makes more if he dun cash out so early but he tells me this way he play, when crises hit, he dun suffer so much lose. i dunnoe how true is it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cessna View Post
                    Thx bro for sharing, i am actually quite a newbie to shares. I truely agree on your two points, it does not have much fudamentals like last time and holding power. Which in my opinion is because everythings got its pros and cons. FOr example during economic down turn, those stock with fundamental will not suffer so much. And during bullish, you will see those shares with no fundamentals rises like nobody business, while those with fundamental stay put. For me i seldom play shares, but this is what i see my dad do. He also cannot guess when is high or low so he use averaging, buying in different days or weeks. Then he will cash out those that he profit and hold those that he lose. Actually he makes more if he dun cash out so early but he tells me this way he play, when crises hit, he dun suffer so much lose. i dunnoe how true is it.

Comment

Originally posted by RTS View Post
                      I hear so many stories of people playing with shares tio burnt, so I prefer not to buy.
                      Playing Shares this days seems depend on luck more than skills.
                      Dont play = win already

But then I think playing shares, die die must follow 2 things...
                      1) Dont play on credit. Play what you can afford to play.
                      2) Dont be greedy. Win a bit constantly better than to lose one time gao gao.
                      Thx bros for your advise,that is what one of best friend ever advise me. all the people i see playing shares most also getten burned badly..Only one of my dad's friend manage to earn. He bought sgx at one dollar plus and he just put there dun touch, collect the dividends every year. But i know one things for sure, got people lose, sure got people earn. Maybe those big investment companies with insider info or those that know how to manipulate the company share. For a commoner like me, just gong gong jiak ti kong play little bit just for fun. See lucky or suay, cos totally noe nuts about shares..

Comment

I have been playing for past 10 years, never win or lose much until crash of 2008,amount I lost can buy more than 12 brand new daytonas so make a guess.

besides the 2 points by RTS I want to add a third point, dont buy too much of one counter, as a rule not more than 20% of your investment capital, this is called concentration risks...

In 2008 I bought Ferrorchina and suspended until now, probably worth nothing!
                        so sometimes playing shares especially penny stock or S chips (china stocks) is like walking thru a minefield you could lose a hand or leg anytime !

I still play the market but spread out your risks and try to buy better quality stocks.
                        My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
                        1) WG DIA 18239
                        2) YG DIA 18238
                        3) WG 18239
                        4) YG 18238
                        5) YG 18248G Bark
                        6) WG DIA 18039
                        7) WG 18039
                        8) YG 18038
                        9) Tridor DIA 18039B
                        10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
                        11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
                        12) WG 1803
                        13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
                        1)GMT II 116718 18K
                        2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
                        1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
                        2)D15037 14k
                        3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Limm View Post
                          I have been playing for past 10 years, never win or lose much until crash of 2008,amount I lost can buy more than 12 brand new daytonas so make a guess.

besides the 2 points by RTS I want to add a third point, dont buy too much of one counter, as a rule not more than 20% of your investment capital, this is called concentration risks...

In 2008 I bought Ferrorchina and suspended until now, probably worth nothing!
                          so sometimes playing shares especially penny stock or S chips (china stocks) is like walking thru a minefield you could lose a hand or leg anytime !

I still play the market but spread out your risks and try to buy better quality stocks.
                          Woo bro great advises from experience investor, but i got no money to diversified nor buy bluechips..My 2 favourite bluechips are barclay bank in uk and sph in singapore, esp sph the dividends are great.

Comment

No need really say put there for 1 to 2 year dont touch la..

I think Starhub can put there dont touch and collect dividend..

but the key is just dont be greedy and u will be okay... There are few pro in this game only big fish eat small fish nia.. hope can eat big fish's remaining can le..

Originally posted by Ashtray View Post
                            Thx bros for your advise,that is what one of best friend ever advise me. all the people i see playing shares most also getten burned badly..Only one of my dad's friend manage to earn. He bought sgx at one dollar plus and he just put there dun touch, collect the dividends every year. But i know one things for sure, got people lose, sure got people earn. Maybe those big investment companies with insider info or those that know how to manipulate the company share. For a commoner like me, just gong gong jiak ti kong play little bit just for fun. See lucky or suay, cos totally noe nuts about shares..

Comment

SGX = Singapore Gambler's Exchange

1. Read up a bit on the company. B/S Cashflow P/L. At least confident wont close shop.

2. Have cash to hold.

3. S Chip cannot trust their report. Got to take risk to buy.

4. Blue chip long term should not lose money. Got dividend.

5. No contra. No short selling.
                              Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X