No announcement yet.

any how any how..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im not going to debate if buyer is lucky/unlucky or smart/not so smart. take for example. my friend recently want to purchase a E1, THG offer no discount initially but after saying so-so recommend me here, the sales staff offer 5% discount. so friend walk around and went to another different AD offering 15% for the same model. a check with THG staff is that they are given strict instructions not to give beyond a certain discount for certain models.

first you talk about 7100-7400 pricing which is that of a SS Sub. then you went on to talk about TT GMT II C asking why got ppl selling 14k.

there are 2 different products aka different models. so how to have to a common base line of comparison?

ok, i took the liberty to call my AD. list price of TT GMT IIc is 14171 with 15% discount. so if now get, 12045. however, do understand one thing, when a watch is first launch, sometimes AD do not give any discount. so buyers may have bought @ that price or perhaps even higher. so if they bought above 15k and now wanting to sell @ 14k, i can understand their pricing.

there are other possible scenarios which im not aware. i have not check the watches on sale in this forum or other forum, so i cannot comment if their selling price is appropriate or not because i dont know the age of watch, i dont know the condition of watch, i dont know the package they are selling to make any further comments.

Originally posted by michelle View Post
    $7400 OR $8228 is not whether lucky or not is the matter of smart or stupid sry if i have being to open in my word using but i really feel so.

okay i shall answer u now buy a week, wear two time, in super mint condition i would to sell at 7100-7400. i will post 7.4k and let ppl nego abit the max i let go will be 7100 but this is all when the watch is within few week to a month or two.

got ppl selling gmt2c TT at 14k, why is it so huh? you may want tell me "let him sell lo" but the fact is all these ppl treat us like a fool in the very beginning. over price seller i know does exist but market rate now is at least $12k+ what i state here still got room to move one but preown asking 14k why why why???
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
      Then sit back with popcorn and watch as the seller tries to post funny things on his thread abt false offers, then buyer back out, repost, lower price, price firm here firm there but keep reducing. Quite fun to watch no need anger-li
      well said...tat why i enjoy to log in to "garage" and explore around...
      Current - Seiko,Rolex,Sinn,AP & RM
      Future - Geneva hallmark
      Past - TH Carrera CV2010, Pam 111, 16610, Pam 233, 116610LV

Comment

Nobody can force someone to buy at any price.

The best is to ask around and perform umpteen consideration(s) before any purchase.

Comment

we would all like to say that online pricing should have better pricing compared to a brick and motar shop. why? there is no physical shop front to pay 'rental'.

however, seller will want to maximize profit. also, they may have to take the watch to meet several buyers instead of a shop where the customers come to view the watch instead. so if the online seller goes about showing potential customers, who is covering their transportation costs? who is going to cover their opportunity costs?

the pricing dictated varies from sellers to sellers. there is no clear cut answer. some may price lower so that can sell fast, some price higher because not in a hurry to sell. there are many factors to consider.

that is why i said before, before buying a watch, do homework and see what is the pricing that sellers are selling. then decide what is the appropriate price you like to buy. then it is up to you to pick and choose which seller you want to deal and negotiate if have to.

one final question do you guy admit online is a place where should be having better price comp to outside market? exp: hmm.. okay sub with date take it as buy in is at $7400 after 2year when i want to sell it off preown shop will take in around 5500-5800 aft over hall they will sell at abt 6600 and tell you very new the condition, so online is a place to let seller sell higher and buyer buy lower at abt 6k-6.2k is the fair price but ppl here anyhow anyhow whack post at 7k say FRIM want sell to ghost meh
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
          2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            im not going to debate if buyer is lucky/unlucky or smart/not so smart. take for example. my friend recently want to purchase a E1, THG offer no discount initially but after saying so-so recommend me here, the sales staff offer 5% discount. so friend walk around and went to another different AD offering 15% for the same model. a check with THG staff is that they are given strict instructions not to give beyond a certain discount for certain models.

first you talk about 7100-7400 pricing which is that of a SS Sub. then you went on to talk about TT GMT II C asking why got ppl selling 14k.

there are 2 different products aka different models. so how to have to a common base line of comparison?

ok, i took the liberty to call my AD. list price of TT GMT IIc is 14171 with 15% discount. so if now get, 12045. however, do understand one thing, when a watch is first launch, sometimes AD do not give any discount. so buyers may have bought @ that price or perhaps even higher. so if they bought above 15k and now wanting to sell @ 14k, i can understand their pricing.

there are other possible scenarios which im not aware. i have not check the watches on sale in this forum or other forum, so i cannot comment if their selling price is appropriate or not because i dont know the age of watch, i dont know the condition of watch, i dont know the package they are selling to make any further comments.
            half agree. if the person is one of the few nut to buy when it just came out but he will have to understand the MARKET isn't it? when you buy a car during the coe is high can you expect to sell at abt the price you buy? even now houses is ex but if you bought during 1997 now you may just break even some even still lose up so we have to study the market before strike don't you agree? okay take a exp 116400GV when it just came out you know how much was the record? 24k!!! so you trying to tell me if the person buy that time now if he post for 21k you will feel is alright is it?

Comment

yes, i know what is the market rate. but i dont have to sell @ market rate. take for example, recently i want to buy a HDB, same floor, same block, no afternoon sun no morning sun. renovation done similar. but one is asking 15k above valuation, another asking for 30k above valuation. the one asking for 30k say no negotiation. i say thank you very much. so understand the market is one thing, wanting to sell @ market price is another. cannot be link together. seller not desperate. why? because come next year when parents want to be close to the school, they will be willing to pay that kind of pricing.

im aware of the GV pricing. yes, i feel it is alright. put urself in the position of the buyer who stand potentially to lose more than 3k, will u do it? some people want to be cheong first and get the watch thinking that price wont drop but when price drop, then will sell so that not to lose that much.

i give another scenario, i have been eyeing for a pam 233 for 10 years already. peak was about 18k, if i bought it then, now i want to sell, i would have to price it lower than 15k because u can possibly get a gray set @ 15.5k now. so i stand to lose about 3.5k. so i sell @ 17k already lose 1k, how to go lower?

what does this show? if a seller priced it above the market avg selling price, seller is either not going to get any buyer or maybe, just maybe a buyer who does not do homework and pay that price.

half agree. if the person is one of the few nut to buy when it just came out but he will have to understand the MARKET isn't it?

okay take a exp 116400GV when it just came out you know how much was the record? 24k!!! so you trying to tell me if the person buy that time now if he post for 21k you will feel is alright is it?

kindly email with
              2. your nick

Comment

aiyah, no need to get so worked up lah...maybe some people think that their watches will appreciate so thought they could sell higher lor. Some people might be really clueless about the true value of their watches? they thought that they bought a popular model and they saw on the forums how others are raving about the value of certain models so they thought they could sell higher?

Like what Exxondus said, just sit back and see how their threads go. It does get interesting sometimes.
                --------------------
                My Humble Collection:

AP Black Rubberclad
                Pam 351M
                Rolex 216570
                Rolex 16610
                Rolex 6694
                Seiko sbbn007 Tuna
                Sinn U1 Black

Comment

interest thread.. lol.. gonna see how the plot develops

Comment

yes, i know what is the market rate. but i dont have to sell @ market rate. take for example, recently i want to buy a HDB, same floor, same block, no afternoon sun no morning sun. renovation done similar. but one is asking 15k above valuation, another asking for 30k above valuation. the one asking for 30k say no negotiation. i say thank you very much. so understand the market is one thing, wanting to sell @ market price is another. cannot be link together. seller not desperate. why? because come next year when parents want to be close to the school, they will be willing to pay that kind of pricing.

im aware of the GV pricing. yes, i feel it is alright. put urself in the position of the buyer who stand potentially to lose more than 3k, will u do it? some people want to be cheong first and get the watch thinking that price wont drop but when price drop, then will sell so that not to lose that much.

i give another scenario, i have been eyeing for a pam 233 for 10 years already. peak was about 18k, if i bought it then, now i want to sell, i would have to price it lower than 15k because u can possibly get a gray set @ 15.5k now. so i stand to lose about 3.5k. so i sell @ 17k already lose 1k, how to go lower?

what does this show? if a seller priced it above the market avg selling price, seller is either not going to get any buyer or maybe, just maybe a buyer who does not do homework and pay that price.
                    alamak...can''t compare a HDB and a watch this way right?
                    A watch when you bought it at this price is only at this price unless is a "paul new men or rolex crown pam" a HOUSE u can MOD it isn't it? meaning: you can have high or low end renovation, instead of cement u can use marble and alot more and location also pay a part.

i understand NO HURRY this point but i also believe when you post it more or less you would wan to get rid of the stuff don't come bull**** NO HURRY don't try to low ball all these come on you scare ppl low ball DON'T POST keep in your cupboard to trap dust..

back to the point , as i said i know over price seller does exist but before evey posting you can do a little homework before you strike isn't it? don't try to treat ppl like a fool like you, is rude. And a little over price is forgiven and is understandable but not ($12045 brand new) and "14k preown" you bought how much is your personal problem don't ask for pity.

don't put your problem to us i find it's not right don't treat us like you please....... we are NOT HURRY TO BUY..

Comment

a seller have his rights to sell how much he wants and a buyer have his rights to buy how much he wants, as simple as that. there is no rules to say one cant post to sell high or to offer to buy in low, it is the truth and that how it works. there is no right or no wrong. nobody can force anyone else to make his or her own decisions.

Comment

just to add, if u see someone selling a watch that at 1st glance knows he is trying to carrot head ppl, which of cos is not a right thing to do then i think the best thing is to ignore it. after all i do not think anyone will vuy from the seller. if really do have ppl buy, just blame it on the poor buyer who never pray or never do his homework haha

Comment

ok, let's not compare HDB and watch.

i rest my case.

alamak...can''t compare a HDB and a watch this way right?

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

Comment

Aiyo, just buy at the price that you can afford or comfortable with lor.

If the seller price his watch very high above market, then most likely, there'll be no buyer. If seller wants to sell, then must price it realistically lah. If a Robert comes along, then it's his luck lor.

Online is the place where you can do research on virtually everything. If the buyer is lazy, then no choice lor.

Why some shops can sell their watches at a higher price than online? Because people feel safer & some customers don't do research on pricing or trust the shop because of its' reputation. Not everyone surfs the net frequently to check on market movement.

Dino

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
                              No need to get so worked up.

This is a willing seller willing buyer market... obviously there will be people who are looking to make a quick buck off some dude who didn't do any prior market research. But u dun have to buy from these people rite? Juz move on and find the next seller...
                              Originally posted by ThomasSG View Post
                              Nobody can force someone to buy at any price.

The best is to ask around and perform umpteen consideration(s) before any purchase.
                              we would all like to say that online pricing should have better pricing compared to a brick and motar shop. why? there is no physical shop front to pay 'rental'.

however, seller will want to maximize profit. also, they may have to take the watch to meet several buyers instead of a shop where the customers come to view the watch instead. so if the online seller goes about showing potential customers, who is covering their transportation costs? who is going to cover their opportunity costs?

the pricing dictated varies from sellers to sellers. there is no clear cut answer. some may price lower so that can sell fast, some price higher because not in a hurry to sell. there are many factors to consider.

that is why i said before, before buying a watch, do homework and see what is the pricing that sellers are selling. then decide what is the appropriate price you like to buy. then it is up to you to pick and choose which seller you want to deal and negotiate if have to.
                              Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
                              a seller have his rights to sell how much he wants and a buyer have his rights to buy how much he wants, as simple as that. there is no rules to say one cant post to sell high or to offer to buy in low, it is the truth and that how it works. there is no right or no wrong. nobody can force anyone else to make his or her own decisions.
                              Originally posted by PamDino View Post
                              Aiyo, just buy at the price that you can afford or comfortable with lor.

If the seller price his watch very high above market, then most likely, there'll be no buyer. If seller wants to sell, then must price it realistically lah. If a Robert comes along, then it's his luck lor.

Online is the place where you can do research on virtually everything. If the buyer is lazy, then no choice lor.

Why some shops can sell their watches at a higher price than online? Because people feel safer & some customers don't do research on pricing or trust the shop because of its' reputation. Not everyone surfs the net frequently to check on market movement.

Dino
                              Take it from the above. They are the pros.
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Dunno why people here so easily offended. Quote too high a price get offended. Quote too low a price kenna branded low baller and every one get offended. This is a online forum - people should get used to the idea that people can generally buy and sell what they want and at whatever price they desire. No one is forcing anyone here. To each his own and let's not make this forum so hostile, it's bad for everyone.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X