Floods in Bt Timah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
    fwah, change 2 front seat each front seat ish 20k+? yours is probably ferrai or lambogini liaoz!! steadyz sia!

but then there goes 2 PP for you
    no lah... japanese car nia...

u know lah.. send bck to agent sure bloody ex 1.... they will want to change seat etc.. which est will cost 40-50k, incl carpeting etc...

i already got it tow to another workshop, cos my insurance says flood cover but at authorize workshop nia... lets see if the sec workshop cheaper...
    i think there's no need to change seat/ carpet...

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
      1 PP only lah...PP where got so cheap hehe
      i wanna buy 2 x preowned aquanuant mah...19k each
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

insurance cover flood? I thought they will argue it is "act of god"?

Originally posted by pet View Post

u know lah.. send bck to agent sure bloody ex 1.... they will want to change seat etc.. which est will cost 40-50k, incl carpeting etc...

i already got it tow to another workshop, cos my insurance says flood cover but at authorize workshop nia... lets see if the sec workshop cheaper...

Comment

Comment

what car you have? sometimes, the motor and heater is integrated. sometimes seperate. usually together tho.
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
              kns, act of god... might as well say act of PUB... cos they didnt do a good job in building the canal...

anyway, no problem, i check with both cars affected, one under company, one private, both no problem with the flood claim.

its just a matter of NCB, if cost little bit, dont claim, cos affect NCB. for compny 1... NCB max 20%, so sure claim ... hahaha

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
              what car you have? sometimes, the motor and heater is integrated. sometimes seperate. usually together tho.
              lexus. tis time flood at bt timah, insurance co headache, cos, where i park ( within 30m of each other ), another 3 lexus kanna, 2 of my frd 1 also lexus... but all our vehicle are park at a lane near bt timah road... i saw a hybrid one stop in the middle of the main road.... in deeper water .. hahaha... tht one sure gone case...

other thn tht... tis couple of days saw alot of towing, saw a few merc, bm.. and the porsche, (pic abv actually taken by my sis ) .. also papers report a ferrari also flooded, i think might be more.... cos, yesterday, when i send another car to workshop with my sis, i overheard the boss toking to a tow truck driver ... driver ask if he should tow ferrari to his workshop....the boss say.. no lah, tow to agent...

Comment

pet, you're lucky that you can claim insurance. I was told by my agent that my insurance can't claim if my car kena flooded. What insurance company you using?

The paper is right. Got Ferrari kena also, one in my house area. I took picture of it but not nice to post here as it is my friend's car. My other neigbours also kena, three 911s, one BMW 730iL, one Lexus LS470, one Audi TT, one Audi A4, all gone case... Lucky I was working that afternoon and my car was at 6th floor....

BTW, PUB said this kind of rain happens ONCE every 50 years (don't know where they got the statistics???) and it could happen again tomorrow??? What are they talking about?? Catch no balls....

kns, act of god... might as well say act of PUB... cos they didnt do a good job in building the canal...

anyway, no problem, i check with both cars affected, one under company, one private, both no problem with the flood claim.

its just a matter of NCB, if cost little bit, dont claim, cos affect NCB. for compny 1... NCB max 20%, so sure claim ... hahaha

lexus. tis time flood at bt timah, insurance co headache, cos, where i park ( within 30m of each other ), another 3 lexus kanna, 2 of my frd 1 also lexus... but all our vehicle are park at a lane near bt timah road... i saw a hybrid one stop in the middle of the main road.... in deeper water .. hahaha... tht one sure gone case...

other thn tht... tis couple of days saw alot of towing, saw a few merc, bm.. and the porsche, (pic abv actually taken by my sis ) .. also papers report a ferrari also flooded, i think might be more.... cos, yesterday, when i send another car to workshop with my sis, i overheard the boss toking to a tow truck driver ... driver ask if he should tow ferrari to his workshop....the boss say.. no lah, tow to agent...

Comment

pet, you're lucky that you can claim insurance. I was told by my agent that my insurance can't claim if my car kena flooded. What insurance company you using?

The paper is right. Got Ferrari kena also, one in my house area. I took picture of it but not nice to post here as it is my friend's car. My other neigbours also kena, three 911s, one BMW 730iL, one Lexus LS470, one Audi TT, one Audi A4, all gone case... Lucky I was working that afternoon and my car was at 6th floor....

BTW, PUB said this kind of rain happens ONCE every 50 years (don't know where they got the statistics???) and it could happen again tomorrow??? What are they talking about?? Catch no balls....
                  u got to check policy, some dont hv tht... i hv 1 under china ins, but for flooding, only authorized workshop nia....the other 1 under mitsui... next time, try buying ins frm car workshop, they can better advise u

if those stay condo, park in basement car park... thn flooded, mati, all kanna totaled .. any of yr neighbor 1 to sell flooded car cheap cheap ?

how to believe wht pub say.. i hv seen heavier rain tht tis.... tht day, it rain close to 1pm... by 2pm, wow lau wei... flooded leow, in less thn an hr, so much damage...

me and frds didnt expect the water to rise so fast..whn we go check on our cars, water reach car dr leow, so we were unable to drive off,...thn LL loh, least we better thn those kanna trap on the main road...so we stand there at 2+ to 3+... stand and watch loh...can see construction barrier, rubbish bin floating away on bt timah road..... but as fast as the water rises, at 3, water gone leow...the highest peak abt 2.20pm...i est time nia, tht day too excited to look at watch ... hahaha

on the chinese papers, there's tis saab car tht kanna flooded...the car kanna float back and hit a tree, lucky never go into the drain... we saw them.. wife and kid out of car, crying... later husband out... thn the maid still trap in there ... wow lau, i think must be scary, cos the maid too afraid to come out of car, also too much pressure, dr hard to open, after the water come down, she out and crying.

abt 4pm, send in car to agent leow, after scoping out bucket and bucket of water..... @#$%^&^%$#

i think there must be some water divert error or some drainage blockage due to construction etc... if not i stay tis area for so many yrs, never so happen like tht b4 leh.

Comment

same feeling same feeling... could it be the Marina water barrier thingy?

i think there must be some water divert error or some drainage blockage due to construction etc... if not i stay tis area for so many yrs, never so happen like tht b4 leh.

Comment

the moral of the story is dont stay bukit timah area lor.
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

should get comprehensive coverage instead of normal 1..
                        Opportunities come once

Comment

same feeling same feeling... could it be the Marina water barrier thingy?

Originally posted by triton View Post
                          hahhaa,,.... actually my area never kanna so bad b4...

once upon a time, the usual flood area = the former IE, the big field next to serene centre.... now tht field become part of botanic garden.

another area = coronation ...

6 mile ( 6th ave ) to 7 mile ( beauty world ) ... never kanna so jiak lark b4.

i think must be some mistake some where.... there's a canal ( on the left of bt timah rd right after 6th ave centre ) joining to the main bt timah canal...running all the way to old holland road, clementi.... tht canal was over flowing.....

Comment

But the funny thing is that during the last rainny season, only Thomson area flooded, Bukit Timah was ok. This time round, Bukit Timah was badly flooded..
                            Could it be the Marina Barrage not working well?

hahhaa,,.... actually my area never kanna so bad b4...

once upon a time, the usual flood area = the former IE, the big field next to serene centre.... now tht field become part of botanic garden.

another area = coronation ...

6 mile ( 6th ave ) to 7 mile ( beauty world ) ... never kanna so jiak lark b4.

i think must be some mistake some where.... there's a canal ( on the left of bt timah rd right after 6th ave centre ) joining to the main bt timah canal...running all the way to old holland road, clementi.... tht canal was over flowing.....

Comment

If you want, at least live in upper bukit timah... No Floods here!

Originally posted by triton View Post

Comment

But the funny thing is that during the last rainny season, only Thomson area flooded, Bukit Timah was ok. This time round, Bukit Timah was badly flooded..
                                Could it be the Marina Barrage not working well?
                                maybe marina barrage water level hi

tht day abt 1 also hi tide.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X