Leather strap odor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather strap odor

Hi guys any idea how to get rid of the leather strap odor?

I got 2 strap very smelly , sun bath also can't get rid of the smell anyone can help?
    You'll Never Walk Alone

It's time to buy new 1

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

May I know which brand

Originally posted by striker968 View Post
      Hi guys any idea how to get rid of the leather strap odor?

I got 2 strap very smelly , sun bath also can't get rid of the smell anyone can help?
      Some brands' smell cannot be ridden off...

Comment

Change to metal or rubber?

Change to metal or rubber?

Comment

Bro, do you know how leather is produced? It is basically dead hide/skin of animals/reptiles, processed with lots and lots of chemicals.

I saw the show "The Dirtiest Jobs in the World" and there is an episode on leather tanning... really an eye opener.

For hygiene purposes, better to change once a year if you are wearing it frequently. Come over to town and I can buy you kopi too!

Personally for me, I would rather change to metal or rubber.

Comment

Thanks all bro for the feedback.

Ya I will try to buy watches with bracelet or rubber strap for my next watch.

But this strap rather new lei hahaha
            You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

Striker, told you not to swim with the leather strap watch, you don't want to listen..

Looks like you gotta bear with the smell lor. Or try apply some leather care lotion.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                Striker, told you not to swim with the leather strap watch, you don't want to listen..

Looks like you gotta bear with the smell lor. Or try apply some leather care lotion.
                Hahaha bo lei I do not swim with the strap , I only sweat with the strap hahaha
                You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

Go for bracelet...lasting and no needa change for a long time

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Bro come visit me i rub some mink oil on the strap it will help remove the smell and waterproof the strap. The Amara Shopping Mall 02-29 COB"S & KEYS F.O.C

Comment

Not sure bout the rest of you bros, but I use water with a little hand soap to wash the leather strap once in a while. It certainly got rid of any odour.

If your partner is into polishing her handbags, you may want to try to apply some of her leather cleaning and moisturizing stuff to the strap.

But tap water with a little handsoap should do nicely, at least for me.

Comment

Originally posted by roddas View Post
                        Bro come visit me i rub some mink oil on the strap it will help remove the smell and waterproof the strap. The Amara Shopping Mall 02-29 COB"S & KEYS F.O.C

Thank bro will drop by and visit you . What your operating hour?
                        You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Tay
                          i remember correctly when i bought one leather strap for my IWC, the lady very nice....told me those leather strap that i wore before, i must air it frequently...cos once got the odour, u won't be able to get rid of it anymore.

That what my mistake is keep in the box without air it, and did not wear for a long time. Sianz.....
                          You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

Thank Bro Roddas for the cleaning of my strap.

I will bring my shoes to you for the anti slip.

All Bro if you guy wanna repair your shoes or key can visit Bro roddas at Armara shopping ctr #02-29. The way he advice his customer very professional.
                            You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X