No announcement yet.

ERP rates to increase by 50-100%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remember the days where 1 COE is worth 50,000? why is it gone? because they realise that they can't earn as much as putting ERP on the roads to curb the number of cars.

by making COE cheaper, car ownership will increase. hence you can collect more revenue. how much does it cost to build an ERP?

i mentioned before in another thread, just do a conservative calculation for one ERP gantry. 4 lanes. charge $1. per car for 4 hours. total revenue collected is (60x60x4) for 1 day. multiply it for 260 *five days a week* how much you get annually. multiply by the number of gantries.

ERP is suppose to curb road usage as proposed/claimed. they want married couples to have more children but their ERP gantries leading to major HDB homes have gantries lasting till 9pm.

so the bottom line is as an individual, we have to decide if it is worth it to own a car or take public transport. to me, a car is important especially families who has got young children. seriously, in times of medical emergencies, it is better.

so it is a choice. you want convenience or not. u pay the price. there is no win win situation for all. for me, i just avoid traveling during periods where ERP rates are @ maximum.

maybe a scheme of the good old days of car pooling will help.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

sigh once the inner circle line upz...... heheh it will be only the richest to drive

Comment

The news said there is a survey over 4000 ppl and all have the same idea and concept that willing to pay more to travel faster on the road. Wonder who is the 4000 wise man.

Actually the authorties are very concern about our need that why they go all out to take survey to understand what we want but Why all the survey I never kana before after being a good citizen for 41 years.
        You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

4000 represents 5m residents?
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

well, they always have ways to make the numbers sui sui for what they want.

how come they always so lucky to select the group of pple to take the survey to back their claims de huh?
            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

just so happens, they choose the office staff in their ivory towers im sure there is some 4k employees there. so in order to keep job, needa pro gov't
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

ERP rates up at 3 gantries...

ELECTRONIC Road Pricing (ERP) charges will go up from Feb 1 at three gantries.

At the East Coast Parkway (ECP) gantry and the Kallang-Paya Lebar Expressway gantry, the ECP rates will go up from $2 to $3 during the 7.30am to 8am time slot.

Charges will also go up from $1.50 to $2 at the Thomson Road gantry between 8am and 8.30am.

The changes are part of the Land Transport Authority's quarterly review of traffic conditions.

The next review will take place in May.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_480698.html
                A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Wah...as expected.
                  "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

if not how are they going to recover the US$50,000 donated to Haiti. LOL

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X