S'pore out of recession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S'pore out of recession

Wat timely news.... coming to yr end time.... always juz in time for tat fat bonus.... but but but... been v long since i had 1... so the fat bonus is for who?

SINGAPORE'S recession is decisively over after the economy surged with unexpected velocity in the third quarter, growing over the same period a year earlier for the first time in more than a year.

This stellar performance prompted the Government on Monday to raise its full- year forecast for the second time in three months, but it cautioned that this pace of growth is likely to slow.

A 'clear but modest recovery' is under way globally, at least for the next three or four quarters, but economic activity is likely to stay below pre-crisis levels, said the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI).

Spending levels in developed economies continue to be weighed down by high unemployment and stagnant income. Uncertainty lingers over how soon and how quickly world governments will scale back stimulus packages, it said.

The good news: Despite possible weak growth and uneven recovery next year, Singapore is unlikely to drop back into recession, barring further financial shocks, said the MTI.

On Monday, it said the economy grew 0.8 per cent in the third quarter compared with the same period a year earlier, the most common measure of growth.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_441471.html
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

well...so far i feel lucky that i do still have a job....no need to even think of bonus...fat 1 somemore...hahaha....it is a urban myth lar...so far i dun see much of a improvement....US dollars dropping,Gold price shoot so high and Oil prices are so low....

i dun see any silver lining in the dark storm yet....
    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I just hope that we continue with recovery....world wide...any major bad news now will bring everyone back to sq 1.

Slow and steady.......
      My Small Collection :
      GMT II 16710 Coke U series
      JLC Master Control ( May 2008 )
      Daytona SS White ( Jan 2009 )
      Porsche Design P6310 Red ( Feb 2009 )
      Azimuth Back In Time ( Wrist lounge special edition ) ( Jan 2010 )
      PAM 312 ( Feb 2010 ) ( Send me an offer for this baby if you are interested)

Look Look See See for :
      BNIB 1995 ( W series ) Rolex sport model

Comment

don't believe everything that's printed on papers... especially s'pore newspapers.

"recession" is a very technical term that may no adequately predict problems to come and regularly used to boost consumer confidence!

the over-valued US derivatives market is another big problem (among many others) that is just dying to explode. literally!
        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

take everything with a pinch of salt. whether here or o'seas. as for the derivatives market.... lets hope there is a correction; as it is one ticking time bomb
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Kaboooom!! :d
            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

come on...

BOOMZ...1 more time...
              [IMG]http://www.bmw-sg.com/photopost/data/545/bbm_barcode.JPG[/IMG]

Comment

Good reason to increase price?? eg : electricity.. watches?? hehehe
                I'm a super low-baller

Comment

Originally posted by Muachee View Post
                  Good reason to increase price?? eg : electricity.. watches?? hehehe
                  PUB already increased b4 this annoucement liaoz. Prices went up 12.5% in oct for 3 mths. Citing due to oil price increase.
                  I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

now oil prices dropped leow leh....
                    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

they bought futures at the higher rate...... otherwise i see no reason why they would be paying more than they should be. makes me wonder who the futures holder was.... temasek
                      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                      Blue 6694
                      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X