No announcement yet.

Lobangs for watch winders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone here bought from here steinhausen winders before?

Any FR?
    Last edited by triton; 22-07-08, 11:44 PM.
    The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

• Originally posted by louie View Post
      saw one that looks like yours at JW,also made by wolf designs. Only diff is the color,price wise JW is retialing at SGD195. AC/DC powered.

Got to see if there is one knob or two knobs. the 2 knobs version has a delay function which will trigger the winding after 12 hrs of delay... ie after wearing your watch, place it in the winder.. 12 hrs later then it will start the winding process.
      There is a very fine line between this "hobby" and "mental illness."

Look on the wife's face when VISA bill arrived, Priceless!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post
        has anyone here bought from here http://http://www.steinhausenovernig...ders/index.htm before?

Any FR?
        Well i came across this.. i don't like the tpd...too high for Rolex.. i think rolex watch needs only 650 tpd.. to fully wind up.. Anyway the price will tell the quality of the winder..for a watch of few thousands.. or ten of thousands.. imho i rather spend a little bit more on a well-know winder... just my opinion.. no offence if u happen to use this winder.

Comment

• I have a different opinion on the TPD rating. IMO, unless the TPD rating is way off, i really thing there's no real cause for an alarm. Whats TPD rating? Its the number of turns to fully wind up the watch. My Qs is: Where is this RELATIVE from? This rating is assuming a watch is fully unwind?? If so, short of some ridiculous short TPD, wouldnt u be ALWAYS overwinding your watch when u place it on the winder? Do u always ensure that your watch is fully unwind before placing it on the winder?? Do u want to go through all this hassle each time u need to put the watch on the winder? Just some things u might like to consider...
          sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

• u got the point too..but

An automatic watch can't be over wound as they have a clutch to allow the rotor to free wheel once the watch is fully wound.

A better winder (usually means more expensive I guess) tends to allow you to control the TPD. I've found that my Rolex are happy at ~600-650 TPD on my Orbita.

Lower than this, and they risk the possibility of loosing power reserve over a longer duration.

Comparing this to the some winders, it did something like 1000TPD+ which was well excessive, but that winder cost about 1/4th the price of my Orbita.

So, I would think that having a watch on a winder - set to the point where it will keep its 'reserve' up just above the threshold, wouldn't wear it more than wearing the watch 24/7 on your wrist. However, an unnecessarily high TPD will do this to your watch.

just my opinon.

Comment

• Yes, u r right about the clutch whereby its not possible to overwind a watch, which exactly is the point i'm trying to make. It really does not matter unless the winder is not capable of winding up your watches. Whether it be 650tpd or 1000 tpd, i dont see how this can affect the watch. If excessive high tpds can cause premature clutch wear, then wouldnt constant usage of the watch on your wrist be likewise? In addition, depending on your usage pattern, even a 650tpd winder can result in frequent clutch engagements anyhow.
              sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by sys12345 View Post
                Yes, u r right about the clutch whereby its not possible to overwind a watch, which exactly is the point i'm trying to make. It really does not matter unless the winder is not capable of winding up your watches. Whether it be 650tpd or 1000 tpd, i dont see how this can affect the watch. If excessive high tpds can cause premature clutch wear, then wouldnt constant usage of the watch on your wrist be likewise? In addition, depending on your usage pattern, even a 650tpd winder can result in frequent clutch engagements anyhow.
                Thanks for the great sharing!

Comment

• Lubang to buy German Made Watch Winder

Lubang to buy German Made Watch Winder, pls visit:

http://www.mingoshopping.com/index.p...d5d7c39b0af5fd

Comment

• Anyone with lobang to orbita watch winders?
                    Please PM me if posting is not possible.
                    Thanks in Advance...
                    Looking at the sparta range....

Comment

• Try going to www.ebay.com.sg and search under "watch winder". I saw they sell a 2 watch winder for S$290 and they have bigger configurations too. Plus it is stated COD so u can actually collect in person, so shld be safe. But I don't know the specs or how good they are so u may have to ask the seller.

Comment

• there are couple of AD selling orbita winders.

Originally posted by TeD View Post
                        Anyone with lobang to orbita watch winders?
                        Please PM me if posting is not possible.
                        Thanks in Advance...
                        Looking at the sparta range....
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Originally posted by mingo View Post
                          Lubang to buy German Made Watch Winder, pls visit:

http://www.mingoshopping.com/index.p...d5d7c39b0af5fd
                          u confrim is German made? it look like the ones which some guy are selling in our forum!

Comment

• It just look the same as what I have bought in our forum
                            I pay only 340 for a 4+6 hahah me and my dad has 1

Comment

• Funny leh after read the rotation is the same setting as my winder
                              My warranty has 1 yr lah!!!! and is cheaper

Comment

• Originally posted by pussycat View Post
                                Funny leh after read the rotation is the same setting as my winder
                                My warranty has 1 yr lah!!!! and is cheaper
                                bro.. its common nowadays. So many similar products out there, don know who copy who liao, well as long got demand, sure anyone will produce.. be it from China or from Germany

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X