No announcement yet.

Lobangs for watch winders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggest u place more emphasis on the quality of motor and parts used instead. Unless u must have the best quality oak or other material, its usually either the motor or the rotator giving way WAY WAY BEFORE the box suffers any external deterioration or break apart.

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
    solid oak is good material. must see which brand and made in where though
    sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

Well, if it uses a decent Japanese motor and comes decently made, then S$450 may be reasonable. On the other hand, it could be some cheapo China made winder and u'll be paying $$$ for it. In any case, as i've said in my previous posting, do reconsider having 2 watches on 1 rotator.

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
      hey bros... Ask u all ah... Is it reasonable for a 4 pc watch winder that winds 2watches on a left holder and 2 watches on right holder, made of solid oak, runs on AC/DC and priced at S$450 ???
      sys12345

Comment

thanks sys12345. great info

consider getting the Luxupak 2+4 winder after i get more shipping info from Vpost.
        Submariner SS 16610 M Series
        Date SS 115200 Z Series (for her)
        BR 02 Blue

Comment

i thinking of using industrial motor to modify and then have a gearbox to control the speed. just like a car.
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
            hey bros... Ask u all ah... Is it reasonable for a 4 pc watch winder that winds 2watches on a left holder and 2 watches on right holder, made of solid oak, runs on AC/DC and priced at S$450 ???
            if it's running using 2 motors and allow you to have directional options and TPDs programming...$450 is consider reasonable....
            I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
            A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
            Audemars Piguet ROO
            Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
            De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
            Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
            IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
            Panerai 270
            Patek Philippe 5711/1a
            Rolex 116610LV
            Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
              i thinking of using industrial motor to modify and then have a gearbox to control the speed. just like a car.
              i think it is a little overkill to use industrial motor to modify for a winder considering that if it comes under S$500. if u make the motor, then u still need to make the arms to hold the watch, etc.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

i shall share my experience about using watch winders.

call me lazy or whatever, i rather let the watch be wound so that when i want to wear the watch, it is wound already. probably one of the inconvience is that you need to adjust the date when it enters another month.

i have use eilux and orbita winders. for rolex and the normal watches*non-complication* types, eilux is good enough. i paid about 500 for one. reason why i bought 1 locally is that there is warranty and if anything were to go wrong, then u can bring it to the servicing agent.

so far, after 3 years, the eilux is still working fine. i bought a triple winder. it has separate motor for each winder. i bought this one is because each rotor is INDEPENDENT of the other two, which means if rotor 1 set can be set to clockwise, rotor 2 can be set to anti-clockwise, rotor 3 can be set to bi-directional. only thing cannot set is TPD, meaning all 3 rotors use a common TPD.

if you have complication watches, i would suggest getting something like orbita. one difference between eilux and orbita is that you can set the different TPD on each rotor. so rotor 1 can be clockwise with 700 TPD, rotor 2 can be clockwise with 950 TPD, rotor 3 can be anti-clockwise with 950 TPD.

best is not to get 2 winders on a single rotor because if u have watches across different brands, it might pose a problem because if you have 4 watches, 1 may need clockwise, 2 may need anti-clockwise, 1 may bi-directional. so u dont have that flexibility.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  i think it is a little overkill to use industrial motor to modify for a winder considering that if it comes under S$500. if u make the motor, then u still need to make the arms to hold the watch, etc.
                  good point, but my father got many motors all sitting around collecting dust, and space not really an issue, so i may build one for prototyping.

we also got the material to hold the watch etc.
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Anyone wanna consider a MO?? or s there any good place that sell large variety of winder insingapore??

Comment

Originally posted by nakedtoes View Post
                      Anyone wanna consider a MO?? or s there any good place that sell large variety of winder insingapore??
                      i think ur suggestion can be considered.

currently, sg got a few places selling. but not exactly cheap.

what u have in mind?

the wolf desgin or something that is a single winder one. that one can strike off your list. this is because if your watch is heavy, there is a potential that it will fall out of this position while winding halfway...

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

Comment

Just a thought here, i really wonder how useful it is to have the TPD setting feature? Granted, having this feature allows u to optimise the TPD for the watch, preventing it from underwinding or so called 'over winding' a watch. However, where is the reference drawn from? Say 650tpd, i suppose this is reference from a watch with spring fully unwound? (or whatever the baseline). Now, do u always ensure that your watch is at such a reference state before putting it on the winder? If not, then i see little use of such a function. As long as the watch keeps effective TPD between 650 to 800, i think it'll be fine for most watches IMO. Opinions?
                        sys12345

Comment

Originally posted by sys12345 View Post
                          Just a thought here, i really wonder how useful it is to have the TPD setting feature? As long as the watch keeps effective TPD between 650 to 800, i think it'll be fine for most watches IMO. Opinions?

yes, agreed that most watch set between 650 to 800.

that is why i mentioned that for complication watch or some watches where requires specific minimum TPD, then setting TPD feature will come into play.

for complication watch, i would rather adhere to its required TPD setting so as to prevent potential 'damage' to its movement where repairs will be expensive.

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

Comment

I just started looking for one.. got any good one may be we can organise one

Comment

Originally posted by nakedtoes View Post
                              I just started looking for one.. got any good one may be we can organise one
                              u looking for single, double, triple, or.....

busget?

kindly email with
                              2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                                busget?
                                Hmm u mean budget ??
                                1675/16610/116234/78240
                                Ball CM1092C-S1J-BR/NT BLUE MARKER
                                Hublot BB ASF
                                PAM 104J
                                Sinn 903 H2
                                Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
                                U-boat classico AS-classico AB (53mm)
                                If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X