Lobangs for watch winders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cmsoh View Post
    Simple scenario. Getting ready to leave the house, wife & kids all ready at the door ... WAIT! everyone hold one, daddy forgot to wind up the watch after its been sitting in the box for a week. So must adjust the date & time first, then we can leave. Wife goes, "You mean you paid XXXX for the damm watch, and it can't even keep the time properly???"

How to explain? Cannot lar ... so get a winder lor.
    same scenerio....different way of putting across..hahahaa

Simple scenario. Getting ready to leave the house, wife & kids all ready at the door ... WAIT! everyone hold one, daddy forgot to wind up the watch after its been sitting in the box for a week. So must adjust the date & time first, then we can leave. Wife goes, "You mean you paid XXXX for the damm watch, and it can't even keep the time properly???"

You reply " i paid so much to marry you and you can't manage the kids?" hahaahaaa

cheers

james
    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
    Audemars Piguet ROO
    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
    Panerai 270
    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
    Rolex 116610LV
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

wah! My salute to you for saying that to your wife!

Comment

respect!!!

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post

You reply " i paid so much to marry you and you can't manage the kids?" hahaahaaa

cheers

james

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post

cheers

james
          man respect to you for telling your wife that. Even if i tell my gf that, im sure kenna in trouble
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

hehe.... Knowing James and his backgnd, i shant disclose or spoil tat picture lah.... Hahaaha

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
            - GMT II
            - GMT IIc TT
            - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
            - Master Eight Days (1608420)
            - U1
            - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

if u recently bought a winder.. be it from local shop in singapore or online.. can share if u guys got the lobang.. becos i wanted to get one for my new watch..thanks in advance..
              There is a very fine line between this "hobby" and "mental illness."

Look on the wife's face when VISA bill arrived, Priceless!!!!

Comment

My winders : http://watchtalkworld.proboards84.co...96&page=1#8670

If u want something really affordable, decent quality and a single watch winder, go for the Luxupak (http://www.windersworld.com/default.aspx). They do ship to Singapore if u are interested.

Hope that helps!

Originally posted by SeaRolex View Post
                if u recently bought a winder.. be it from local shop in singapore or online.. can share if u guys got the lobang.. becos i wanted to get one for my new watch..thanks in advance..
                sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

Originally posted by sys12345 View Post
                  My winders : http://watchtalkworld.proboards84.co...96&page=1#8670

If u want something really affordable, decent quality and a single watch winder, go for the Luxupak (http://www.windersworld.com/default.aspx). They do ship to Singapore if u are interested.

Hope that helps!
                  thanks.. But the Luxupak winders are rated at 950 and 1440...tpd. there is no 650 tpd.. btw which website did u order the ers winder from..?

Comment

Winders rating of tpd does not always equate to the actual tpd for the watch. The 950 tpd on the luxupak winder will get it approx 600-650 tpd on yr watch. I ordered my luxupak from the website given above.

thanks.. But the Luxupak winders are rated at 950 and 1440...tpd. there is no 650 tpd.. btw which website did u order the ers winder from..?
                    sys12345

Comment

ic.. puzzled why there are different standards on tpd??

Comment

This i believe its due to a winder's design. Watches are more effectively wound if they are rotated about on a certain axis angle (should be closer to the horizontal plane if i recalled correctly). As such, for the same no. of rotations, it'll produce different results as the axis angle changes, hence different true TPD for the watch.

ic.. puzzled why there are different standards on tpd??
                        sys12345

Comment

TPD = turns per day right?

thought it is suppose to be a common standard. does luxupak user manual inform user that their 950 TPD is actually 600-650TPD?

Winders rating of tpd does not always equate to the actual tpd for the watch. The 950 tpd on the luxupak winder will get it approx 600-650 tpd on yr watch. I ordered my luxupak from the website given above.
                          This i believe its due to a winder's design. Watches are more effectively wound if they are rotated about on a certain axis angle (should be closer to the horizontal plane if i recalled correctly). As such, for the same no. of rotations, it'll produce different results as the axis angle changes, hence different true TPD for the watch.
                          Last edited by triton; 11-07-08, 10:52 PM.
                          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                          1. subject heading indicating your issue
                          2. your nick
                          3. your corresponding email address
                          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

well.. actually i'm looking for a renown brand, anyone can recommend any good website to buy it? Actually i like the orbita futura 1 but kind of ex... scatola...out very ex..,.. luxupak , ERS, Landmark?...

Comment

how about eilux winders

well.. actually i'm looking for a renown brand, anyone can recommend any good website to buy it? Actually i like the orbita futura 1 but kind of ex... scatola...out very ex..,.. luxupak , ERS, Landmark?...
                              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                              1. subject heading indicating your issue
                              2. your nick
                              3. your corresponding email address
                              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Not in the Luxupak manual, its stated in my ERS winder's manual. I believe its also mentioned in winders from some other brands.

Originally posted by triton View Post
                                TPD = turns per day right?

thought it is suppose to be a common standard. does luxupak user manual inform user that their 950 TPD is actually 600-650TPD?
                                sys12345

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X