Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BPL broadcasting cost tink gg to increase again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BPL broadcasting cost tink gg to increase again...

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_436102.html

SINGAPORE'S two pay-TV giants have submitted bids to broadcast live English Premier League (EPL) matches from next year.

This sets the stage for a bidding war that could ultimately see sports fans paying more to watch the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea.

Both SingTel and StarHub want the right to screen the football games for three years from the 2010-2011 season.

The deadline for submitting bids was yesterday and SingTel was first to confirm its interest, releasing a two-paragraph statement at 6pm.

'The bid is consistent with the company's strategy to bring attractive content to SingTel customers for their entertainment,' it said.

Within the hour, StarHub issued a similar statement, noting that it has screened live EPL matches here since 1997.

There had been speculation recently that SingTel and StarHub might launch a joint bid for EPL broadcast rights, but The Straits Times understands that yesterday's moves were competitive.

The Football Association Premier League (FAPL) owns the TV rights to all EPL matches and although it does accept joint bids, there are caveats involved. It is understood that these caveats, which cannot be disclosed, made it too complex for the two operators to submit a joint bid.

Attempts to reach the FAPL last night were unsuccessful.

The rights to EPL broadcasts in football-mad Singapore are considered the jewel in the pay-TV crown, and landing them would be a major coup.

Read the full story in Wednesday's edition of The Straits Times
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

whats BPL?

its hokey, i go coffee shop watch EPL de. kopi gao still same price 90 cents
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Barclays Premier League ma...
      A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

WAH RAO!! its EPL lah sponsored by Barclays!!
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X