Temasek invests 25% in China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temasek invests 25% in China

TEMASEK Holdings announced on Thursday that it has about 25 per cent of its portfolio invested in China, making it the second largest investment destination after Singapore.

The state investment agency has direct exposure to the country through stakes in Chinese financial institutions such as China Construction Bank and Bank of China.

It also has indirect exposure to the powerful Chinese economy via investments in the likes of Standard Chartered Bank and CapitaLand - both of which have a growing presence there.

Temasek chief executive Ho Ching said on Thursday that China remains important for Temasek: 'If you look at their state owned enterprises today, they're profit generating compared to the 1990s where they were not well run.'

Ms Ho, who was speaking at the release of Temasek's annual report, added: 'Today, you see a very vibrant economy where at the state level, they understand what the market economy means and at the private sector, the private-owned enterprises have a lot of vitality.

'So if you look at China over the long run, we think the potential is there and very strong.'

Temasek is also bullish on India, an economy it believes has 'very deep potential'.

Its investments there include stakes in ICICI Bank and telecom giant Bharti Airtel.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_431212.html
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

obviously these people are not aware of the "once bitten twice shy...." saying. suzhou was one example of a failure in joint venture, in the end, the chinese "took" over, and almost overnight turned a profit, whist you silly people keep pouring money to keep the project afloat

me thinks we should all be alittle more careful when investing in foreign countries.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

no comments

ho ching is oe powerful woman!!
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

too bad for you..... s'poreans have no free speech. here in Oz, they cant do much oso.
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X