X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malaysia's food has been “hijacked” by other countries

Laksa and nasi lemak among our pride, says Yen Yen

By TEH ENG HOCK

KUALA LUMPUR: Laksa, nasi lemak and bak kut teh — these are some of the food Malaysia will lay claim to.

Tourism Minister Datuk Seri Dr Ng Yen Yen said there were many dishes synonymous with Malaysia’s identity but they had been “hijacked” by other countries.

“We cannot continue to let other countries hijack our food. Chilli crab is Malaysian. Hainanese chicken rice is Malaysian. We have to lay claim to our food,” she told reporters after launching the Malaysia International Gourmet Festival yesterday.
    The festival, which runs throughout October, is part of the Fabulous Food 1Malaysia campaign. Novem-ber’s part of the campaign will centre around shopping mall food, while street and heritage food will be the highlight in December.

“In the three months, we will identify certain key dishes (to declare as Malaysian). We have identified laksa ... all types of laksa, nasi lemak and bak kut teh,” she said.

When asked how the ministry would go about labelling the dishes Malaysian after identifying them, Dr Ng said she would reveal her strategy at a later stage.
    “That is Part Two. We cannot reveal it yet, but we will let you know soon,” she said.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...354&sec=nation

Haha... nw chilli crab n Hainanese chicken rice become M'sia's...
    Last edited by louisoh; 18-09-09, 10:21 AM.
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

wah, so meaning our chili crab and nasi lemak are replicates!!!
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Bunch of losers... always picking fight with ppl... it just show that the country ... always got a chip on their shoulder. I think there are more important issues to address, like crime rate, job creation, (lack of) efficiency. But no... they wanna talk about which country owns the dishes... Moron

Comment

Shen Jing Bing!

"Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
        three times is enemy action and
        over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
        ."

Comment

chicken rice also replica..
          I'm a super low-baller

Comment

then why our replicate like more sexpensive then the real deal???!!!!
            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

becoz here everything is costly...if you wan the 'real' thing and lower prices,u can go over there mah..hahaha
              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

what pian.. si peh kiasu.. all kind of laksa wor.. katong laksa also malaysia ar??
                I'm a super low-baller

Comment

lol..mayb they can apply for patent lor...lol....then next time singaporeans have to go jb to eat liao..becoz nothing to eat liao....except for fast food chains....lol

Comment

Originally posted by Muachee View Post
                    what pian.. si peh kiasu.. all kind of laksa wor.. katong laksa also malaysia ar??
                    don play play, they might just name a street katong for the 'patent'

Comment

Sounds like an episode on talkingcock.com man...

Very funny... So many real world issues and here we have a minister talking nonsense. I can imagine it now... they take patent and then start a franchise and start suing all the hawker stores for copyright. And case goes all the way up to International Tribunal Court... and the Swiss judge looking at the minister "what cock are you talking?!?".
                      The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

hehehe...waiting for that to happen!

Comment

food is imp to life and they def need to allocate a few ministers totake care of such imp stuff

Comment

if we have to have beef over whose food belongs to who.... i think that day will be very sad, only about 40-50 odd yrs ago, sg was part of malaya....
                            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                            Blue 6694
                            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

haha

Haha....recently they have a spate with Indonesia over a dance move, they claim that the dance move is theirs while indonesia claim it is theirs. Next time, dun be surprise that they will be so " brilliant" to say that they started inventing cars and shipping ports or probably even electronic wafer. Malaysian politics are really so cartoon. That is why our minister always says, You pay peanut and you will get monkey" ... . Ops! btw, they are still claiming some island from indonesia also which the malaysia say is theirs. AND also the sultan is still digging for some "Old letters" which he believe was "misplace" by his ancestral that the lighthouse that we claim is still theirs........

Wishful thinking. Sigh...why dun they spent their time looking at Rolex watch.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X