Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post
    Pet,

Know what you mean. I'm putting my older gal thru' speech therapy also. Another money zapper. Talk about Money No Enough...

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    Again, this' all about branding. I believe pre-school fees are varying. "Higher-end brands" cost more, definitely. So it's all about choices. If one die-die wants to buy a ROLEX watch and tells the whole world that he/she has no money to eat, then blame who?

Before I had any kid of my own, I was hesitant to start a decent family because looking at the kind of lifestyle that we all are living, it is pretty challenging. Until one day while chatting with my friends, I realised that it is about what you want best for your child/children.

I always had this mindset (wrong) that I should only have a child if I can afford everything (or at least most) for him/her. Wrong! How did my parents' parents have so many kids in those days and managed to bring them all up successfully? Were they rich? No!

I believe it is all in our mindset. If I can only afford to send my kid to a $300/mth pre-school, so be it. If I can only afford a $50 sports shoes for my kid, so be it. Some, I know, have said this to me: "If I can't even afford to buy my child a $100-$200 Nike shoes, then I'd rather not have any until I'm financially comfortable" .

Just to share my thoughts.

I think pre sch in sg ave btw 200-1k/ mth depend on where u go....if eg they need sch bus, thn another 80-100/ mth more... infant care even more ah... ... kinder... i think 2-300/ mth still expensive, but acceptable by most in sg. . .

anyway... nowadays not a lot of ppl want alot of kids, hving more means , parents need to sacrifice...hahahaa.....less material things like rolex loh... ... hahaha...

but having more kids = satisfaction, priceless, an asset cannt be measured... hahahaa...

being a parent and wanting to be a parent diff... so need to be a parent to know...hahaa

If u know tht u going to spend 100k for a kid ( 1st 7 yrs), u say .. no way i am hving kids... hahaha , i rather buy 15 rolex... hahahaa

if i already spend 100k for my child for the first 7 yrs... i am not going to gv or sell him away for 100k... hahahahhaa

in the abv case, rolex is value less... hahahahhahaa

Comment

i will sell all my watches if i need to raise my kids...hehehe...can have a lelong lelong session...may be hide 1 or 2 pieces nia...kekeke
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
        i will sell all my watches if i need to raise my kids...hehehe...can have a lelong lelong session...may be hide 1 or 2 pieces nia...kekeke
        since i already got kids...priority diff frm u... hahahahhaa...... i wll give away my watch in exchange for chio bu... hahahaha

Comment

if i got kids liao hor..i be a good daddy....typical stay at home to play with them..wun go for XMMs liao...wahahahaha...

Comment

if i got kids liao hor..i be a good daddy....typical stay at home to play with them..wun go for XMMs liao...wahahahaha...
            sure or not...... hahahhahaa

sekali... so shiok being a father...kanna addicted.... go out look for more xmm and hav another 10 -20 kids outside... hahhahahaha

Comment

wah...cannot afford so many Xmms and kids leh...aiyo...u wan me to wear $5 watch the rest of my life har...hahaha

Comment

wah...cannot afford so many Xmms and kids leh...aiyo...u wan me to wear $5 watch the rest of my life har...hahaha
                hahaha... cheeap watch exp watch... all have a price mah... hahaha

alot of xmm and kids collection... priceless...haahahha

Comment

wahahaha..classic quote from Bro Pet....hehehehe....must re-quote this to your wife to hear when i got the chance...wahahaha

Comment

wahahaha..classic quote from Bro Pet....hehehehe....must re-quote this to your wife to hear when i got the chance...wahahaha
                    hahahahhaa... she see it, also priceless, i die .... hahahaha

Comment

hmmm... priceless... hmmmm... got to rephrase leow... pricey..hmmm.... expecting another

anyway...
                      i am currently sending my 3rd one ( now 2yrs 3mths ) to a PAP kindergarten. cheap leh, only 163/ mth... as compare to the first one ( now p3), used to go nanyang, but abt 300/mth ( tht time )... my second one (now k1) in nanyang also, but now cost almost 500/mth.

sending to pap kindergarten cos my frd also send his kids there, say its not too bad... so i check it out and find tht it's not tht bad, so decided to send the 3rd one there...she has a CDA acct of total 24k...even if 163/mth x 10 mth per yr x 4 yrs...she only use up 6K+...so there's gonna be at least another 17k there... ..so any other sch or additional course i can send her/ even my the other 2 kids to ?

any place/ enrichment to recommend ?

Comment

Have you tried BRMCK? My daughter went to school there. Quite good. All classrooms are air-con, clean and well-organized. I think one term for N1 is $1000+, as years go, the school fee is cheaper...

Originally posted by pet View Post
                        hmmm... priceless... hmmmm... got to rephrase leow... pricey..hmmm.... expecting another

anyway...
                        i am currently sending my 3rd one ( now 2yrs 3mths ) to a PAP kindergarten. cheap leh, only 163/ mth... as compare to the first one ( now p3), used to go nanyang, but abt 300/mth ( tht time )... my second one (now k1) in nanyang also, but now cost almost 500/mth.

sending to pap kindergarten cos my frd also send his kids there, say its not too bad... so i check it out and find tht it's not tht bad, so decided to send the 3rd one there...she has a CDA acct of total 24k...even if 163/mth x 10 mth per yr x 4 yrs...she only use up 6K+...so there's gonna be at least another 17k there... ..so any other sch or additional course i can send her/ even my the other 2 kids to ?

any place/ enrichment to recommend ?

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                          Have you tried BRMCK? My daughter went to school there. Quite good. All classrooms are air-con, clean and well-organized. I think one term for N1 is $1000+, as years go, the school fee is cheaper...
                          1k still cheaper thn nanyang, nanynag close to 1.5 for 1 term..
                          acutally i should hv send my 2nd there, cos i wnt him to go acs.

but i scare he not happy if i half way put him into another sch. right now i think i stay put for my 2nd ( nanyang ), 3rd (pap)... and see how... ...but would like to send them for additional enrichment..any to recom ?

Comment

What kind of enrichment? Tough one or play play one?

Originally posted by pet View Post
                            1k still cheaper thn nanyang, nanynag close to 1.5 for 1 term..
                            acutally i should hv send my 2nd there, cos i wnt him to go acs.

but i scare he not happy if i half way put him into another sch. right now i think i stay put for my 2nd ( nanyang ), 3rd (pap)... and see how... ...but would like to send them for additional enrichment..any to recom ?

Comment

BRMCK is gd next to my old sch

116520 also ACS boy?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                                What kind of enrichment? Tough one or play play one?
                                dont play play ah ... hahahaha

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X