No announcement yet.

Parenthood Thread - Schooling, Behaviour Etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=pet;251106]1k still cheaper thn nanyang, nanynag close to 1.5 for 1 term..
    acutally i should hv send my 2nd there, cos i wnt him to go acs.

BRMCK is not affliated to ACS.

Comment

Eh poor thing leh. I am not a parent, yet, but I think should give the kids more time to play/enjoy himself/herself at such young age.

Spend more time with them I think that will be a much better enrichment.

Comment

True true, but don't say this to us, the parents.

The fact is that if your kids don't go to this enrichment, when they enter Pri1 they will survive a lot. When they enter Pri1, it seems like the teacher has assumed that they have already ALL the hanyupingyi and reading and simple additional. Singapore education now very tough. Either you let go and kids cannot catch up or send them to enrichment so that they know what channel the teacher is in when in school......

Originally posted by Wenda View Post
        Eh poor thing leh. I am not a parent, yet, but I think should give the kids more time to play/enjoy himself/herself at such young age.

Spend more time with them I think that will be a much better enrichment.

Comment

Originally posted by ladyinblack_ View Post
          BRMCK is not affliated to ACS.
          i know, smae as nanyang kinder and nanyang pri, no affiation

but hor i old boi acs .. so better chance get him in

so send him there let him get used to tht area...

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
          True true, but don't say this to us, the parents.

The fact is that if your kids don't go to this enrichment, when they enter Pri1 they will survive a lot. When they enter Pri1, it seems like the teacher has assumed that they have already ALL the hanyupingyi and reading and simple additional. Singapore education now very tough. Either you let go and kids cannot catch up or send them to enrichment so that they know what channel the teacher is in when in school......
          ya loh. . . i actually boh chap kids, let them enjoy, but really once in pri sch, jia lark, if u dont send, the rest of the parents send, so how leh, yr kids at bottom half....

i just wreck my oldest 1 nia... dont say got science test, the nite b4 thn say, i ask her to study she say sleepy, so i boh chap, tell her, she think can, ok loh, if do badly, i gonna beat her up....she say ok....kay kian... come bck with 15.5/ 30 yesterday.... last in class, class average 24/30

no tv for her, LL got to study for the whole weekend....some more kanna beaten up by me....hahaa....

Comment

pet, if you want your kid to learn grammer, etc, try learning point @ thomson (but damn far for me and teacher very fiece). There is a enrich class at balmoral plaza teaches hanyupinying, teachers from china, so so but better than nothing. Or you can try Julie G at forum for their English/Chinese class, fun but always waiting list.

Comment

pet, if you want your kid to learn grammer, etc, try learning point @ thomson (but damn far for me and teacher very fiece). There is a enrich class at balmoral plaza teaches hanyupinying, teachers from china, so so but better than nothing. Or you can try Julie G at forum for their English/Chinese class, fun but always waiting list.
              Whaa..So much so on enrichment for our kids.They were all good the thought from us the parents. But I'm more concern on their upbringing on self disclpline,compassionate & most importantly show respect to all elderly.So want if u R super kid if he/she dun know how much was provided to them. Dun forget all white crime were invoid by those highly intellecture. Just my 2C

Comment

Correct! There are some "good" school, e.g SCGS, MGS, etc in sg is very focused on their upbringing. My girl is currently studying at MGS and I am glad that she is very well-behaved.

Why enrichment? Singapore education system is very stressful and demanding. Last time, we learn things from schoool. Now teachers assume students learned things before coming to class. Esp Hanyupinying, the teacher teach as fast as MRT. I also don't know how my girl can cope if don't force her to memorize...

There is no subject being tested for ethics in PSLE and sad to say sec school look at only paper result during intakes....

Originally posted by johnfish View Post
                Whaa..So much so on enrichment for our kids.They were all good the thought from us the parents. But I'm more concern on their upbringing on self disclpline,compassionate & most importantly show respect to all elderly.So want if u R super kid if he/she dun know how much was provided to them. Dun forget all white crime were invoid by those highly intellecture. Just my 2C

Comment

english and maths not too bad... chinese, she taking higher chinese. i got her a chinese tutor since p1..,.. only 1 she did badly now = science, cos p3, first time take science, and its her first test, she thot she knows, but after going thru her test, she jst didnt read or prepare herself, its all from the text. eg..living need the follwing to survive..a) water, b) sunllight, c) air, 4) food...thn she put all the abv... knn.. thn wrong loh...

anyway, i try to let them org and prepare themelves, but current sch sys, impossible.

Comment

sorry pet, science I can't help. maybe you try asking around in some sg parenthood forum?

Originally posted by pet View Post
                    english and maths not too bad... chinese, she taking higher chinese. i got her a chinese tutor since p1..,.. only 1 she did badly now = science, cos p3, first time take science, and its her first test, she thot she knows, but after going thru her test, she jst didnt read or prepare herself, its all from the text. eg..living need the follwing to survive..a) water, b) sunllight, c) air, 4) food...thn she put all the abv... knn.. thn wrong loh...

anyway, i try to let them org and prepare themelves, but current sch sys, impossible.

Comment

Have you tried BRMCK? My daughter went to school there. Quite good. All classrooms are air-con, clean and well-organized. I think one term for N1 is $1000+, as years go, the school fee is cheaper...
                      Bro... BRMCK have any admission requirement? Is it half day for N1 or also have full day?
                      My kid use to go to St Joseph Church Kindergarten... its half day but the teachers there CMI... macham those HDB void deck kar kor kinda Aunty... they do alot of comparison between kids and do sterotype kids... i.e. one time one kid pee-ed in class, then from then, I always hear the teacher says "Careful.. this kid always lao jio one..." WTF????

Can also elaborate by "Quite good", how do you find their teachers and care giver's attitude, teaching style and environment?

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                      - GMT II
                      - GMT IIc TT
                      - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                      - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                      - U1
                      - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

No admission requirement. I believe based on 1st come 1st served.

In Singapore, you can't get those teaching standard if compared with USA or Australia. I think it is due to our culture, salary level, education requirements, etc... There are many teachers in BRMCK. Most of them are very patient to the kids but there are some teachers not so good also. So it depends on your luck if your kid get a good teacher or not.

As it is a Methodist based school, besides learning 1+1, the kids also get to learn about God, moral, etc.

The school is clean. Air-con. Lots of space. Got computer room, library, etc. One meal is provided. Half day (only ~3 hours).

Down side is parking is crazy there. hmm... other than that.... I think everything is fine....

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                        Bro... BRMCK have any admission requirement? Is it half day for N1 or also have full day?
                        My kid use to go to St Joseph Church Kindergarten... its half day but the teachers there CMI... macham those HDB void deck kar kor kinda Aunty... they do alot of comparison between kids and do sterotype kids... i.e. one time one kid pee-ed in class, then from then, I always hear the teacher says "Careful.. this kid always lao jio one..." WTF????

Can also elaborate by "Quite good", how do you find their teachers and care giver's attitude, teaching style and environment?

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post

everywhere same lah... some teacher si beh jia lark.... esp the china 1...knn... scare parents complain thn come talk wht sh1t....last yr, my boi bite another student, teacher call.... complain... somemore say 我们学校从来没发生咬人 .... boh pien say sorry sorry....in my heart... WTF, where got no case of kids biting one another.... CB....

thn, few months down, teacher call us, say my kid kanna bitten... she say, another kid bite my boi, he also no cry or scream... so didnt know til later... knn... of cos i say nevermind lah...toddler/ kids... normal lah...

anyway, knn, most teacher 1 to protect their own ass 1...hahahhaa....maybe of cos some parents si bei jia lark also lah... but majority, boh chap 1 lah,... think all parents kids kanna bite go sch complain ah...

Comment

No admission requirement. I believe based on 1st come 1st served.

In Singapore, you can't get those teaching standard if compared with USA or Australia. I think it is due to our culture, salary level, education requirements, etc... There are many teachers in BRMCK. Most of them are very patient to the kids but there are some teachers not so good also. So it depends on your luck if your kid get a good teacher or not.

As it is a Methodist based school, besides learning 1+1, the kids also get to learn about God, moral, etc.

The school is clean. Air-con. Lots of space. Got computer room, library, etc. One meal is provided. Half day (only ~3 hours).

Down side is parking is crazy there. hmm... other than that.... I think everything is fine....
                            bro, yr daughter wht yr ?

u think i should change ? now my boi at ny..keep thinking, but scare he not happy change sch... also he the quiet type, also ... how to ask kids if he willing to change...

think will be good if hv intention to put him acs.

parking nevermind, i ok, cos i let him take sch bus 1..... current 130/ mth... yrs ?

Comment

My princess now in pri one... my son is 7 month old and I will put him in BRMCK once he is old enough. If compared with NY, I think BRMCK has a lower chinese standard. I heard chinese in NY very siong. The reason I put my girl is because all classrooms there are air-con. I cannot tahan living without air-con, so I put my princess in a school with air-con. I think NY no air-con, am I right?

If your son has settled in NY, don't change lah... unless the teacher there takan him, friend sabo him, upper class ask protection money from him, etc...

Originally posted by pet View Post
                              bro, yr daughter wht yr ?

u think i should change ? now my boi at ny..keep thinking, but scare he not happy change sch... also he the quiet type, also ... how to ask kids if he willing to change...

think will be good if hv intention to put him acs.

parking nevermind, i ok, cos i let him take sch bus 1..... current 130/ mth... yrs ?

Comment

My princess now in pri one... my son is 7 month old and I will put him in BRMCK once he is old enough. If compared with NY, I think BRMCK has a lower chinese standard. I heard chinese in NY very siong. The reason I put my girl is because all classrooms there are air-con. I cannot tahan living without air-con, so I put my princess in a school with air-con. I think NY no air-con, am I right?

If your son has settled in NY, don't change lah... unless the teacher there takan him, friend sabo him, upper class ask protection money from him, etc...
                                actually i also dunno got aircon, old 1 maybe no leh, i never lookie see..hahaha.... but the new 1 ( ny move to new building leow tis yr ). i also dunno, never go b4... hahaha

teacher, same china 1... hahaa.... he quiet leh, dont tok much cos he speech delay, sometime hard to understand him... i bn sending him for weekly speech therapy for past 40wks leow, cos 1 pay 4timesx$135x10session leow...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X