Parenthood Thread - Schooling, Behaviour Etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parenthood Thread - Schooling, Behaviour Etc

thot of posting tis parenthood thread for those parents and parents to be to tcss....

-----------------------

i headache leh... to change or not to ??? how ? how ?

my son now in nanyang kinder. my wife wanna change him to another kinder for his k1 next year.... reason being:

1). my son cls alot of girls... ratio like 17 to 5 boys;
    2). more on chinese; less on english;
    3). most student going to nanyang pri later; i am not sending son there.
    4). sch fee last yr abt 800/ qrt, now cls to 1500/ qrt.
    5). teacher frm china, so so lah... i know my son dont really like the teacher....hahaha,.. my son very cheeeky type...run run, dont pay attention... maybe kanna frm teacher...haaha
    6). my oldest daughter ( now grad leow ) also from there.... applying procedure was never smooth ( i never go b4 )...but my wife & my mom do curse and swear at their admission procedures...... my mom say they very " par pie " ... Just now, wvisit another kinder to look look see see.... wow, the office ppl very nice... maybe becos i go... hahahaha... in-charge give us a kinder tour also...

how? how ?? change or not ??

alot of girls good wad .... he may not appreciate now, but soon he will be thanking you for it .

nvm my post, just tcss. im not a parent
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
      alot of girls good wad .... he may not appreciate now, but soon he will be thanking you for it .

nvm my post, just tcss. im not a parent
      now got girl also no use, wait another 10 yrs... hahahaha

dunno wht to do leh.... if i transfer boy to another kinder for k1, i can put my youngest 1 together ( n1 ).... .. stay at nanyang also can lah... but wife dun really like, me frm nanyang... maybe she scare turn out like me,.. hahahhaha

Comment

personally do what is easier for you. i see no point since not entering into p1. might as well switch.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

What are the good things in nanyang kinder? If no, then switch.
          Most importantly is to please your wife and your ear don't have to suffer from the nagging..

Comment

I now have 2 gals (3 and 6) in pre-school. All I can say is I'm glad that the elder one is going to primary school next year. Pre-school fees are a killer. I'm paying close to 2k per month for 2 kids (after subsidy some more). So 1.5k per qtr... I would think is somewhat reasonable. Imagine one year like that... can buy Daytona with a lot of change back. But my wife wants them to go there... so ok lor. Just have to work harder...

Anyway... sorry to OT... just want to kpkb about the fees.

About your situation, end of the day... it's about how you want to plan your children's future. And I do believe environment is important. Even more important are the teachers. Like all industries... you get what you pay for. Pay teachers peanuts, we just get monkeys. But I think the key thing is that the kid must be happy. If your boy is not happy, then the learning process will be hampered.

One place that I really like is St James Church kindergarten (http://sjck.org.sg) at Dempsey. Very very nice environment, lots of place to run around. And not quite afforable. But waiting list is like years. We put our younger on their waiting list, but not likely to get in next year. But maybe hopefully the year after.
            The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

ya loh, pre-sch killer...

one day 3 hrs lesson, every month abt $500, and pay for my son special speech lesson, another 500+ per month... NNB ay, one yr more thn 12k jst for son.

next yr my youngest daughter going N1 some more,

luckily my oldest one in primary already....fees only $14/ mth i think... giro every month, dont exactly know how much..

i boh chap leow, my my wife/ my mom .. wanna put them to a (church) kinder near my place ... in my heart, actually i want my son to stay at nanyang.... hehhee... but i better keep quiet let them decide..

Comment

Pet,

Know what you mean. I'm putting my older gal thru' speech therapy also. Another money zapper. Talk about Money No Enough...
                The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

Again, this' all about branding. I believe pre-school fees are varying. "Higher-end brands" cost more, definitely. So it's all about choices. If one die-die wants to buy a ROLEX watch and tells the whole world that he/she has no money to eat, then blame who?

Before I had any kid of my own, I was hesitant to start a decent family because looking at the kind of lifestyle that we all are living, it is pretty challenging. Until one day while chatting with my friends, I realised that it is about what you want best for your child/children.

I always had this mindset (wrong) that I should only have a child if I can afford everything (or at least most) for him/her. Wrong! How did my parents' parents have so many kids in those days and managed to bring them all up successfully? Were they rich? No!

I believe it is all in our mindset. If I can only afford to send my kid to a $300/mth pre-school, so be it. If I can only afford a $50 sports shoes for my kid, so be it. Some, I know, have said this to me: "If I can't even afford to buy my child a $100-$200 Nike shoes, then I'd rather not have any until I'm financially comfortable" .

Just to share my thoughts.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

well..for me i won't want my kids to be deprived of any material needs...so i will not have kids until i have the means to do that...
                    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Sorry this just came to my mind.

My primary sch-going daughter recently said to me: "Papa, how come we do not have a big house like Uncle Thomas? You see, they have a dog, fish ponds, and stairs to run up and down." (our relative living in a 3-storey bungalow).

Over time, more questions popped up such as, "Papa, when are you buying a condominium? I want to have a swimming pool, like Connie jie-jie." (cousin living in a condominium).

...sigh...

How to answer?

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                        well..for me i won't want my kids to be deprived of any material needs...so i will not have kids until i have the means to do that...
                        This is exactly what I mentioned in my last paragraph. When then do you think is 'deprivation'? What if one day when your kid is 18-yrs-old and said to you, "Dad, my friend drives his own lambo to school le. When are you buying one for me?"
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

fast solution...u can tell her...for question number 1...daddy worried that u might run too much and fall down....so if you like to run around i can bring you go east coast park to run and even cycle if you like on weekends..

for QUestion 2....daddy like to help to conserve water for the better tomolo...if every1 want swimming pool then in 5 yrs time,you wouldn't have any to drink....

Just my 2cents of answer if my kid to be ask me the same questions...

Cheers,

Feilong108

Comment

i would tell him that he can get 1 provided he can show me with his results in school is great...wahahaha....presume that i can afford it at the moment lor...

if cannot afford i just tell him that he must study hard in order to buy 1 for his own usage...

Comment

i would tell him that he can get 1 provided he can show me with his results in school is great...wahahaha....presume that i can afford it at the moment lor...

if cannot afford i just tell him that he must study hard in order to buy 1 for his own usage...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X