Best & Worst AD Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best & Worst AD Experience

Just reading the other thread about Sincere being Rolex AD made me curious bout our own experience dealing with the major AD in SG.

Have we done such a thread / poll before? I don't mean just price (cos members of this forum is quite smart about prices! ), but overall experience, politeness (or lack off), product knowledge (or lack off), product range, etc.

A lot of time it is down to the individual S.A. serving you, or specific outlet you visited. So I expect views to differ... Please share your experience as this is useful to ppl who planned to visit the AD to buy a watch.

Major Players Include:
    The Hour Glass
    Sincere
    Cortina
    Dickson Watch
    Watches of Switzerland
    Others?

My vote goes to Sincere and THG in that order. My personal experience with Cortina (Cityhall) is the worst! Got served by an Ah Beng who curtly told me that Pam is price-non negotiable (read between the lines: take it or leave it), then literally snatch the watch from my hands and put back into the display case!

Cortina City Hall

Cortina Raffles city:

Tell me PAM no discount. Want to sell sub date at list to me.

Straight face non nego. Maybe they want to keep for bigger carrot.

Not even interested to find out more from me or show me the items.

To think I have bought at their centre point outlet before
    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Contrary, my experience @ cortina (City hall) @ various times are treated differently. when i enquire about 2 pams, they told me list price. but willing to give me 5% discount each. maybe that day i was carry 2 coach paper bags. looks like i'm a potential carrot. @ other times, i was approach if i wanted any assistance. never pushy. Cortina @ millenia pretty alright, was served.

Sincere @ Vivocity is pretty alright. Sincere @ paragon is mixed as well. only once was i served when i enquire about 1 JLC. other times i was not asked if i need assistance. Sincere @ suntec also ok.

THG @ raffles hotel is ok. i was asked if i needed help. THG @ millenia, THG @ scotts similar to raffles hotel. @ NAC im always being served.

Dickson @ suntec is mixed.

Lee Chay, KHH, THH, WP, all similar.

Attire worn is bermudas, polo shirt and slippers most of the time. other times are doc mart shoes with jeans and polo shirt.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Worst experience:

NAC THG (before first purchase)

Wore tshirt...shorts and sneakers..

Asked for the Rolex DJ with diamond dial...the guy just gave me the price and went back attending his customer.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

NAC THG - Attentive guy, allow me to molest whatever pieces i wanted. Quoted me decent price (not the best in town); but i feel there is room to nego if i was serious.
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Best Experience:
            THG (Tangs Plaza), was served by a lady who showed me all the watches I was interested in. Then another guy came along and also made some recommendations. Was a very good experience even though they knew that I would not buy anything. Perhaps, they too free (not many customers then).

Worst Experience:
            Cortina (Paragon), Entered the place, no service at all. The staff noticed me and went back to 'work'. Then saw one of their staff sms-ing away, wanted to ask him for help but when I made eye contact he immediately turned away and continued using his phone behind the counter. Foreigners come in, immediately stand up and serve. So I waited for a couple of minutes and walked out. Terrible service and since I was too free, I wrote in to the management to complain and got one of those template apologies hahaha.
            fallraen
            "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Comment

Best:
              THG @ Lucky Plaza and Millenia.
              GFE (Good Friend fEel): 8/10
              RTF (Return To Find): Of cos if got vit-M

What were you thinking!!

Worse:
              Cortina @ Raffles as well as WoS @ Vivocit
              Cortina -> Ah beng continue to tease the girls and chit chat when I standing right in front of them and wanted to ask about the bvlgari for my wife.
              WoS -> Woman look up, see me went back to cutting nails
              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Worst Experience
                Cortina (Raffles) - Crap service

BEST Experience
                THG (Orchard Central), I was rather new to watches and the SA patiently took me on a tour of every brand. I have gone down twice a week and have not bought anything and yet his service level never drops. EXCELLENT attitude and service.

BUT at THG (Tangs), I enquired about the price of a particular piece of Rolex watch and was quoted "about $XXXX". SA did not even bother to take out the watch from his display case. I asked if there was a discount for it, and he replied "if you are interested, I can check for you". I told him "If I were not interested, I would not have asked how much it was. If I were not interested, I would not have asked how much discount there was. But because of your attitude, I am not interested in the watch now and I don't need you to serve me.".

Watch Palace also provides excellent service. Served by a very friendly lady. Not pushy and yet bothers to bring out many models, variations to let customer try. I was a walk-in customer. First time in shop, and bought.
                Last edited by Vedder007; 19-09-09, 09:10 AM. Reason: typos
                WISHLIST
                Yachtmaster2 116688
                Sky Dweller
                AP ROO Black Theme
                WG Submariner

Comment

So far I guess Cortina Raffles is the worst of the pack. at least for the majority I guess
                  I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

[I told him "If I were not interested, I would not have asked how much it was. If I were not interested, I would not have asked how much discount there was. But because of your attitude, I am not interested in the watch now and I don't need you to serve me.".]

steady lah! these SA deserves to be *@!#&@#$#*!$#* at times. Good one!

Somehow these SA dun realise, buying a timepiece is a lot of money. It is not just about buying the watch, but the entire buying experience. SA plays a big part in the buying experience. The watch does not just sell by itself... the ambience of the shop, the knowledge and attitude of the SA, price, selection, etc etc etc...

Comment

Best Experience:
                      Sincere - KL Pavilion

Dress casual up to ask for B&R Aviation, etc., SA took the effort to explain to me. Although I make myself clear that I'm only here to check price, he takes every effort to bring out those watches for me to view and even provide me the best price I couldn't find in town (KL) from a AD.

Call up next day looking for same SA, told him I am in rush for a flight to catch, request him to delivery the watch to me in hotel. No obligation, promised and delivered the watch to me. BTW, watch only cost SG$3k plus.

Bad Experience:
                      WoS Vivocity

Wife with my baby boy went in to take a look for watch of her favour, SA saw my wife with baby boy didn't bother to entertain them. I went in later, saw me and walk over to say "can I help you, sir". Piss off the treatment given to my wife and baby boy, I walk off. That's when I bought the watch in KL thereafter.

Till today, I went back to KL to buy my watches or even check the price from the same SA even I'm in SG. He took the effort to MMS me the picture to ensure the watch I am referring is right.

Thumps up for his service.
                      Greeting from Planet Earth
                      ------------------------------

[COLOR="Orange"]Believe in yourself, earn your respect by respecting others. No one is perfect in this planet earth.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by 1248614 View Post
                        Somehow these SA dun realise, buying a timepiece is a lot of money. It is not just about buying the watch, but the entire buying experience. SA plays a big part in the buying experience. The watch does not just sell by itself... the ambience of the shop, the knowledge and attitude of the SA, price, selection, etc etc etc...
                        I think SAs who do not realize the importance of service are loosing a big market segment. I hope the ADs are aware of this. Any bro in the forum who works in an AD would do well to provide feedback to their bosses... times have changed... voices in the virtual world can no longer be ignored...
                        WISHLIST
                        Yachtmaster2 116688
                        Sky Dweller
                        AP ROO Black Theme
                        WG Submariner

Comment

will take note of the Sincere at Pavillon and pay it a visit if i ever head down to KL...
                          And, i will test WoS (Watches of Switzerland?)... and see if they have improved...
                          WISHLIST
                          Yachtmaster2 116688
                          Sky Dweller
                          AP ROO Black Theme
                          WG Submariner

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder007 View Post
                            will take note of the Sincere at Pavillon and pay it a visit if i ever head down to KL...
                            And, i will test WoS (Watches of Switzerland?)... and see if they have improved...
                            Pal,

Good luck in testing WoS. I told myself not to step into that shop anymore nor buy any watches from there.

Look down on my family = looking down on me. No more $$$ thrown to them even they are the only AD carrying a particular brand.

However, you can try Sincere in KL Pavillion. Don't have to dress nice and just go in to test their level of service.

Maybe I am lucky that day to meet that SA that is friendly. Anyway, I show no interest in buying but ended up getting something from there due to good service. Anyway, the price is comparable as well.

If you really out to buy something, you can negotiate with them further once they give you the standard discount %.
                            Greeting from Planet Earth
                            ------------------------------

[COLOR="Orange"]Believe in yourself, earn your respect by respecting others. No one is perfect in this planet earth.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                              So far I guess Cortina Raffles is the worst of the pack. at least for the majority I guess
                              agree +++
                              i went there wanting to equire more abt iwc.. seeing me young, they acted as though i dont exist.. all of them flocked to entertain a pair of angmohs instead.. grrrr...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X