Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, i;m lost/stuck.

Hi all,

First of all, sorry to hv to ask this question.(i dun understand law)
    I do not contribute much to this forum thus i hope i'm forgiven.

Got into a maligned case & its driving me nuts,very stressed, keep hv to get leave for "interview" & my boss is not happy. Need some views on how to counter back or stay safe.I keep it in point form.

Director is A, B is me.

1. A has agreed to go down to agent to sign some docs on the following morning, my job is to accompany the A down.

2.That morning, A suddenly hv something on, could not make it but he pass me his company chop & instructed me to see what needs to be done first & do it.

3.On reaching the "agent's place", i found out is a piece of paper that need the A's >NRIC,Full Name,Position & Signature.I do not have any of his infos & also cannot sign for him because its forgery without his knowledge.

4.I gave him a call, told him i cannot do this & that, need his infos & signature, he told me over phone to fill in his infos for him.**I then ask him what bout the signature, he say write his name there> which i again ask him, how to spell. He say write XXX on the signature part, if anything happen, he will be answerable for it because he is the boss.I then followed his instructions> fill in his infos & write the XXX on the signature part.
    (i hv witness tat hear the conversation as i on speaker jus to be on the safe side.)

5.Now, some @#$& happen> during interogation *Initially, A said he ask me to sign, then later part he change his statment to say> he only ask me to fill in his info for him.

*Meaning to say> i forge his signature without his knowledge?
    *How should i stay safe on this issue or fight my way with the allegations.
    *I do not know the witness will say what, maybe he forgotten.

Any lawyers here or good powerful brain to help me think.I'm lost.
    Please, no funny replys.

Thanks.
    Money Money come to me.

sorry to say this but in a legal sense, you are not allowed to sign on behalf of anyone even if they give you permission. By just writing XXX on the form under the signature portion, its the same as signing 'as' XXX

in the event where you have permission to sign as a form of acknowledgement, we usually put an "F." in front to denote that we are signing on behalf of someone. And to top that, we will sign our own signature instead of that guy's.

Really not too sure how you gg to get out of this fix.
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Power of Attorney

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
      sorry to say this but in a legal sense, you are not allowed to sign on behalf of anyone even if they give you permission. By just writing XXX on the form under the signature portion, its the same as signing 'as' XXX

in the event where you have permission to sign as a form of acknowledgement, we usually put an "F." in front to denote that we are signing on behalf of someone. And to top that, we will sign our own signature instead of that guy's.

Really not too sure how you gg to get out of this fix.
      Bro Exxodus is right. You need to have the Power of Attorney to act on someone behalf especially on this type of cases. Frankly, you are really at fault ( No offence, if your boss ask you to kill someone and you did, then you are wrong. This is really very simple right! Seriously no offence, but it is really the case now.) . On the other hand, you can sign on behalf of someone using "F" but that only apply to non important document as long as the other party accept such action. if not, this is not even allow at all. but in real practice, a signature with "F" must accompany by the signatory NRIC and verification by the receiving party. Please also understand that before you can sign off for someone, you must make sure you are empower to do that, if not! you really ASK FOR IT........ . All you can do now is to get your director to be a man...if not, buy a dress or throw some soiled panties on him........

Comment

Originally posted by Cessna View Post
        Bro Exxodus is right. You need to have the Power of Attorney.....
        just to add, power of attorney, a proper document, gives you the power to sign on BEHALF. You still cannot sign using that person's signature. U sign your own.

In addition nw u are in another fix. Even if the director admit he ask u write his name nw, if a police report is made, u could still be charged for forgery.

The bottom line is, signing as another person is illegal. No one can give u permission to do illegal stuff.

Same thg nearly happened to me lst time. Luckily i die die refuse to sign as the other person even tho got verbal approval. Thats y later i did research n cfm my fears.
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Thanks exxondus & Cessna.

I understand liao..Now is myself le..sigh...
          Money Money come to me.

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
            just to add, power of attorney, a proper document, gives you the power to sign on BEHALF. You still cannot sign using that person's signature. U sign your own.

In addition nw u are in another fix. Even if the director admit he ask u write his name nw, if a police report is made, u could still be charged for forgery.

The bottom line is, signing as another person is illegal. No one can give u permission to do illegal stuff.
            I understand wat happen i must be , but is there anyway to get out of it?

1.The Director instructed me to write XXX on it,not sign on it; reason is that need to be sign by the director itself, i also do not know how does his signature look like in the 1st place.

2.I acted out in his instruction, WITH his knowledge, and i dun gain anything.
            Yup, now they alledged tat i forge his signature, which contridict with the director asking me to write his name for him.

Can the Director say something like > He wanted to sign himself but he no time.

So, in tis case mean is lose lose situation? No way to flip to get interest for me?Or law is law (i write on it means i ask for it)? Can it be considered as an act of negligence or something else?

Thanks in advance.
            Money Money come to me.

Comment

cop, i won't go into the technicality of what law agency encompasses or what tantamounts to forgery or even worse forgery for the purposes of cheating.

what's done is done. the only person who can get you out of this mess is yr director/boss. then once you are out of the mess, look for a new job. anyone who screws a subordinate in this manner would obviously do it when the need arises.

if yr boss refuses to clear the air, then the next step would be to seek some legal advice from a lawyer. think some bros here can help.
              Remnants of my irresponsibility:
              "Foreign affections"
              1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
              2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
              3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
              4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
              What's NEXT?

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                what's done is done. the only person who can get you out of this mess is yr director/boss. then once you are out of the mess, look for a new job. anyone who screws a subordinate in this manner would obviously do it when the need arises.

if yr boss refuses to clear the air, then the next step would be to seek some legal advice from a lawyer. think some bros here can help.
                Ok, thanks for the input.

Erm.. Bros, someone help me? In the name of Rolex?lol..Jking..

Really need some lawyers's advice liao.
                Money Money come to me.

Comment

Bro,
                  I think you can use promissory estoppel as a defence should matters get out of hand. Your role in this can be mitigated as long as you can prove that you were unaware of the implications thus lessening your fault.
                  Furthermore, an agreement entered into under such circumstances can be voided as it should be deemed inappropriate for the other party (your client) to insist on carrying out the contract.
                  Sweet 16:
                  PP Aquanaut
                  VC Overseas
                  AP ROO Black Themes
                  A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                  Breguet Type XXI
                  Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                  JLC Navy Seals
                  GO Senator 60s
                  GP Laureato
                  Zenith Pilot Extra Special
                  Rolex DSSD
                  IWC Big Pilot
                  Pam 112
                  Omega Ploprof
                  Breitling Super Avenger
                  Glycine F104

Comment

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
                    Bro,
                    I think you can use promissory estoppel as a defence should matters get out of hand. Your role in this can be mitigated as long as you can prove that you were unaware of the implications thus lessening your fault.
                    Furthermore, an agreement entered into under such circumstances can be voided as it should be deemed inappropriate for the other party (your client) to insist on carrying out the contract.
                    Very chim. a search on wiki let me even more ..dun really understand all.
                    Only under the austrlia law got this>one promise in exchange for a second promise creates equal value. So the shopkeeper's actual words and knowledge are critical to deciding whether either a contract or an estoppel arises.

So is use this promissory estoppel to say> because i dunno wat will happen if i did it(when director ask me to sign & i did it from his instruction) thus lessening my fault? in mitigation time correct?

Thanks .
                    Money Money come to me.

Comment

"Your role in this can be mitigated as long as you can prove that you were unaware of the implications thus lessening your fault."

perhaps it would be good too, if you could prove that you were convinced that it was alright for you to sign. And yes the contract should be void as there is no proper signature. Also if you were trying to forge a signature (to trick the other party) surely you wouldn't have put XXX?

sorry don't think i can be of much help, my i just finished my module on singapore business law. :P good luck with your case and do let us know the outcome.
                      fallraen
                      "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Comment

Basically, what's in it for you to forge the signature?! Do you stand to gain in any way? The crux of all this is simply: What's the motive?
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Tell the truth

Bro if u say wat is true then dun worry to much just tell the truth when its time n as for the law if u r truthful to ur statement the the judge will have to decide who is right or wrong, as an advice go in alone and dun bother getting a lawyer as they do wat u tell them .
                          Bro just remember a lie leads to another lie n u can't bluff the judges as they have heard most of them.
                          Tell the truth as the truth will set u free.

BEEN THERE DONE THAT

Comment

Originally posted by fallraen View Post
                            "Your role in this can be mitigated as long as you can prove that you were unaware of the implications thus lessening your fault."
                            perhaps it would be good too, if you could prove that you were convinced that it was alright for you to sign.
                            哦, the boss assure me tat is ok, anything he answer..so I sign..<so tis also happen in actual fact.

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                            Basically, what's in it for you to forge the signature?! Do you stand to gain in any way? The crux of all this is simply: What's the motive?
                            I dun stand to gain anyway, got do tis or not I also never get any more $..
                            Sigh….
                            Money Money come to me.

Comment

Originally posted by roddas View Post
                              Bro if u say wat is true then dun worry to much just tell the truth when its time n as for the law if u r truthful to ur statement the the judge will have to decide who is right or wrong, as an advice go in alone and dun bother getting a lawyer as they do wat u tell them .
                              Bro just remember a lie leads to another lie n u can't bluff the judges as they have heard most of them.
                              Tell the truth as the truth will set u free.

BEEN THERE DONE THAT
                              ya, jus tell the truth..but still no need lawyer?
                              Money Money come to me.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X