X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FT to be DBS New CEO

DBS appoints new CEO

By Gabriel Chen

CITIBANKER Piyush Gupta, who is currently the bank's South-east Asia Pacific CEO, has been appointed the new CEO of DBS Group Holdings, the Singapore bank annnounced in a filing to the Singapore Exchange (SGX) at about 12.30pm on Tuesday.

Asian banking veteran
    INDIA-BORN Piyush Gupta, 49, holds a degree in economics from St Stephen's College, Delhi University and a Masters degree in business administration from the Indian Institute of Management in Ahmedabad.

He has been a speaker at various regional and international conferences on cash management (EuroFinance, SIBOS), as well as a member of the Global Technology Steering Committee for Citibank.

His appointment was first announced to senior DBS bank staff internally via a conference call on Tuesday morning.

Both Mr Stanley and Mr Gupta were good friends and colleagues in Citibank.

Mr Gupta will start at DBS on Nov 15 and is in the process of applying for Singapore citizenship. DBS said his appointment is subject to regulatory approval.

'Gupta's broad-based banking experience, spanning frontline and support functions, positions him well to grow DBS's franchise,' said a DBS statement.

Mr Gupta was Citi Singapore's country officer for slightly over a year before moving on to his regional role, which includes overseeing countries such as Australia, New Zealand and Guam.He is also a member of an 11-member committee formed in October last year to study ways to enhance primary education in Singapore.

Mr Gupta joined Citi in 1982 and was the chief executive officer in Citibank Berhad and Citi country officer for Malaysia. During his tenure in Malaysia, he grew Citi's business particularly its global transactions services, its SME coverage, as well as Islamic banking offerings.

He also oversaw the expansion of Citi's branch network from three to seven, opening the bank's first new branch in Malaysia in 48 years, before extending Citi's reach through a sales subsidiary with 10 branches.
    "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

ya, saw that.

don think will have much issue as long as he isnt one of those NATOs that I know of.
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

funny that in the whole of singapore, there isn't a local who is good enough to be ceo of dbs..

Comment

Huh U mean they apppointed him even tho he isnt a citizen? Aiyah with his nw close to millions per annual income confirm will get citizenship de la

makes u wonder if he wasnt appointed ceo would he become a citizen? So ultimately is this love for singapore as a country?
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

he is an Indian citizen and Spore PR. Still FT.
          "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X