Recommendations for a "GMT" watch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for a "GMT" watch?

hi guys, I haven't got a watch with a GMT hand to tell second time zone. So its time to get one

I want something that:

1. Hopefully is automatic
    2. max budget $500 (safe for travels)
    3. I don't mind Japanese or Swiss
    4. Nothing too colourful.
    5. some form of water resistance
    6. is Not a dress watch

Just let me know what comes to mind and I'll google Many thanks guys!
    fallraen
    "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

what I can think of is russian watches! There're a few GMT series from different brands, various designs, very near your budget, and hitting all your criterias, except for point 3.
    try googling red army watches for the local website.
    humblequartz&mechs:
    gmtIIc.pam104.omegaspeedmaster1152.poljot3150.
    tagheuerf1chrono.philipsteinteslar.tissotprc200.

wantlist:
    toomanywants,toofewdollarsinthekeep.

Comment

Russian watches... somehow i'm not too sure about the QC and personally I feel that eBay has better prices than Red Army watches, of course less the warranty and hassle. Still sticking to Japanese or Swiss.

Thought of Sinn but felt that its abit expensive for a travel watch. I'm already using a sterile dial 'Traser' watch but was looking for one with a GMT hand.
      fallraen
      "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Comment

I would recommend Steinhart GMT which you can get from Gnomomwatches. It's auto, a homage to Rolex GMT, more than 40mm, and can be used for diving. But the price is $800 plus. I used to see pre-owned in the forum for $500 plus. Maybe you put up a WTB.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X