Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conversion from full plate to weekend car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion from full plate to weekend car?

hi bros..

am facing this dilemma of whether to convert my car to a weekend car after the government announces cash rebate of up to 1,100 SGD per 6 mths for the remaining car lifespan of 10 yrs...

my car is coming to 3 yrs soon...so after the conversion in Jan 2010...i still can get back ard 14 plus K CASH! but i will have to take public transport...

see ah...i save road tax and insurance i think 1 yr got 1k...then hor my office parking $250 also save...so thats like 4k savings a yr...not counting petrol savings and blah blah blah...

one thing is ....i am planning to start a family....will a weekend car suffice?? is the convenience worth 4k a yr? my wife says go ahead get the money first...the first thing i do with the extra cash is to get me and her a 'couple' watch....wahahahaha...

haiz...woe is me...2 new watches a yr with a weekend car or 1 new watch with a full plate car???

PLEASE HELP!!!
    Watches kept for the next generation...
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual Circa 1999
    Rolex Explorer II 216570 G-Series
    Omega Speedmaster Date
    Sinn U1

If per 6 months = pay-out of $1.1k, then 1 year = $2.2k?! I will do it if I were you.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

depending on when ur kid arrive.

believe me, it is better to have a non weekend car when baby arrives
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

another vote for full plate. unless you are comfortable taking public transport and/or taxi.
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

u must also remember that u already paid 60-70k for the car? even if u get 14k rebate, the car still cost 50-60k and that just for weekend use?

if u think like that, might as well sell the whole car now when 2nd hand car mkt is good, with the $$ can buy alot more watches

unless u are working in CBD area where parking and ERP is a killer, else no point converting.

Comment

Hi TS, IMHO, no point converting to opc cos i think too many restrictions.
            Remnants of my irresponsibility:
            "Foreign affections"
            1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
            2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
            3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
            4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
            What's NEXT?

Comment

I think it is also subjected largely to your lifestyle and routine. If you can (have to) arrive at work before 7am and leave only after 7pm, during weekdays, then it is good.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

thanks for all your feedback....true...since already spend so much on the car...just stick with it....money is relative...can always start collecting 10 bucks watches...hahaha...
                Watches kept for the next generation...
                Rolex Oyster Perpetual Circa 1999
                Rolex Explorer II 216570 G-Series
                Omega Speedmaster Date
                Sinn U1

Comment

i prefer watches to car though..to me a car is a tool to get me from point to point...hahaha....
                  Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X