Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ho Ching is on Forbes' list beating US Former and First Lady !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ho Ching is on Forbes' list beating US Former and First Lady !!!

NEW YORK - TEMASEK holdings chief executive Ho Ching is 5th on Forbes magazine's new list of powerful women, beating First Lady Michelle Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, both of whom didn't break the top 30.

Up from 8th last year, Ms Ho, the wife of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, once again ranks as Asia's most powerful woman. She also the only Asian in the top 10 list this year. German Chancellor Angela Merkel headed the list, published on Wednesday, for the fourth year running, with the magazine highlighting her role as leader of the huge German economy and her likely re-election in September.

Reflecting the world's focus on recession and the struggle to keep the financial markets afloat, Mrs Merkel was followed almost exclusively by businesswomen.
    In second place came Sheila Bair, chairman of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp, which insures US banks.
    Third was Indra Nooyi, chief executive at PepsiCo, then Cynthia Carroll, the chief executive of mining giant Anglo American.
    Hillary Clinton slipped from 28 last year, when she was close to winning the Democratic presidential nomination to 36, despite heading the powerful US State Department.
    Michelle Obama came into the list for the first time. Although she has the ear of the US president around the clock, she ranked only 40.
    Below her, at 42, came Britain' Queen Elizabeth II. -- AFP

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_419089.html

Maybe coz she can lose billions and still be the head of Temask, which controls Singapore financial power..?
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Wow! unbelievable.

Comment

As long as she is still TEMASEK holdings chief executive, she is one of the most powerful lady in the world....

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
        As long as she is still TEMASEK holdings chief executive, she is one of the most powerful lady in the world....
        even if she is not, she will still be very powerful
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

She has been there for some time.

I saw this list last year and she was already there in the top 10. Only Asian woman in the top 10, i think.
          My Current

Rolex Daytona 116515
          Rolex Submariner 16610
          Rolex Submariner 116610
          Rolex Date 1550
          IWC Spitfire Chronograph 371705
          IWC Portuguese 7 Days 500107
          Omega Ocean Planet 22015000
          Bell & Ross Heritage BR126
          Grand Seiko GMT SBGM021
          Seiko Sumo SBDC001
          Seiko Sumo SBDC003