No announcement yet.

Social sector wants govt to move beyond law for parent maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and one thing to add, garment said b4 if old aged home in singapore is expensive, we can consider to move to old aged home in jb.....

haiz, our future is gloomy worse then pets, at least they can be put up for adoption but when we can old, we be left to rot

Comment

Sorry to hear that...

I also received a fine from tp traveling from Lornie Road towards Thomson Rd at around 3-4pm, weekday.... overhead bridge camera.... careful bros...

what time you did get caught, pet?

Originally posted by pet View Post
      tokin abt fine.... i think gov gian lui... visit my aunt .. park at loading// unloading for awhile at 2am... fine me $100. use to be $70 ... wtf....
      jst recieve a fine from tp. onlyy state travelling frm bt timah towards upper bt timah, time , date, fine $130. 4 pts. travelling 1-20 abv speed limit... wtf....

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
        Sorry to hear that...

I also received a fine from tp traveling from Lornie Road towards Thomson Rd at around 3-4pm, weekday.... overhead bridge camera.... careful bros...

what time you did get caught, pet?
        both my ticket, 1st wk of aug.

2.07am at a jurong hdb, went to aunt place to send something.

the bt timah in the direction of upper bt timah was at 9.23am... cos told u my mom having radio therapy... her appt at mt e is at 9.15am.. usually we arrive b4 9am... whn avail, nurse will call her in, less thn 5min session, and we are on the way bck leow loh. ... so the 9.23am timing is correct... but wht really piss me off is, why no pictures, why no indication of spd...????
        just state 1 - 20km abv limit... usually i dont speed with mom, if any, it should not be a few km higher....what TP standard, least tell me at wht spd.

i kanna in switzerland b4, least they tell me exact speed... but... there, fine, damn expensive....

i kanna in USA many times, they tell me exact spd,... over in spore, just gv a fine and a general rule of 1-20km abv spd limit... dont tell me TP ore kong ppl at 71km/h ?? ... i dunno by camera or wht ... not sure, puzzle.

the worst i got on bt timah was 600, 9 pts.. kanna go court. tht was yrs ago... stop by 2 mobile TP, they didnt say anything, just say wait to recieve summon.... KNN, whn letter come, say i spd 120kmh. ( 120 at 7pm, ?? wht u think, can i achieve tht spd ).. WTF... so next time, do remember to ask them at wht spd, if not, go court, their word against yourrs...LL

Comment

both my ticket, 1st wk of aug.

2.07am at a jurong hdb, went to aunt place to send something.

the bt timah in the direction of upper bt timah was at 9.23am... cos told u my mom having radio therapy... her appt at mt e is at 9.15am.. usually we arrive b4 9am... whn avail, nurse will call her in, less thn 5min session, and we are on the way bck leow loh. ... so the 9.23am timing is correct... but wht really piss me off is, why no pictures, why no indication of spd...????
          just state 1 - 20km abv limit... usually i dont speed with mom, if any, it should not be a few km higher....what TP standard, least tell me at wht spd.

i kanna in switzerland b4, least they tell me exact speed... but... there, fine, damn expensive....

i kanna in USA many times, they tell me exact spd,... over in spore, just gv a fine and a general rule of 1-20km abv spd limit... dont tell me TP ore kong ppl at 71km/h ?? ... i dunno by camera or wht ... not sure, puzzle.

the worst i got on bt timah was 600, 9 pts.. kanna go court. tht was yrs ago... stop by 2 mobile TP, they didnt say anything, just say wait to recieve summon.... KNN, whn letter come, say i spd 120kmh. ( 120 at 7pm, ?? wht u think, can i achieve tht spd ).. WTF... so next time, do remember to ask them at wht spd, if not, go court, their word against yourrs...LL
          Wah lau eh.... bro.. u SG's Schumacher ah?
          A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
            Wah lau eh.... bro.. u SG's Schumacher ah?
            hehehee ....no lah... i never kanna any ticket since i got my lic back in 96. ,,, tis recent tic still puzzle me... wonder izzit me or my sis..

Comment

A bit OT liao... but the only ticket I got is speeding in sg.... same here... never tell you what speed... only a range of speed... I got a 1-20km/h over limit warning letter before also... lucky not fined and pointed....

Comment

of cos lah, given choice, stay sg lah.

but... wht i mean is tht, gov fail to understand the issue, affordbility of sg health care... pass law to maintence parents ... wonder other country do tht? usually parents resp for their underage kids nia...

let ppl laugh ah... being asian, on ave, more filial leow. . . tis law make other ppl think we sg dont take care of our folks... taking care 1 thing, can afford another mah.... address the roots mah.

maybe instead of spending $3b on special bonus package ... spend it to help say 100,000 ( 30K each ) patients... .... sg gov got money... if no, GLC or gov investment firm got more thn enough return yearly to help...want to help is another question. .. seems like not helping mah, come out with tis law...
                actually pet...i somewhat agree with you to a certain extent. but i feel having a law is still necessary. let me cite you my real life story too..

my elder sis, who's now 42 yrs old, ran off with my parents $100K and remain uncontactable (but i know where they're staying but no point looking for her because she's not going to pay up). her husband is suppose to be a pretty high senior manager and they're staying in a condo at bukit timah. till now, they only repay $2k a year via bank transfer (1 Jan every year)...citing the reason that they're not doing well (say support kid, maid, kid always sickly lah..+ etc) ...bunch of bull crap!

so what now? both my parents are not working and retirement $ is kosong! medisave also kosong...dad got cancer (just went for an ops...went thru 2-3 chemo) and mum a diabetic...i'm left alone to shoulder not just the medical bills but also their housing loan and monthly allowance..this ACT is useful to put pressure on those heartless and irresponsible people who need to do their duty.

on the other hand, govt needs to know that the pressure on small family (esp those with 1 kid) is huge and they need to look at their system to improve it. can you imagine how much one child can do to support sickly parents? it's challenging both mentally and monetary. worst if your employer is not understanding because you need to send your parents to the hospital all so often when the times come...
                I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                Audemars Piguet ROO
                Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                Panerai 270
                Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                Rolex 116610LV
                Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
                  actually pet...i somewhat agree with you to a certain extent. but i feel having a law is still necessary. let me cite you my real life story too..

my elder sis, who's now 42 yrs old, ran off with my parents $100K and remain uncontactable (but i know where they're staying but no point looking for her because she's not going to pay up). her husband is suppose to be a pretty high senior manager and they're staying in a condo at bukit timah. till now, they only repay $2k a year via bank transfer (1 Jan every year)...citing the reason that they're not doing well (say support kid, maid, kid always sickly lah..+ etc) ...bunch of bull crap!

so what now? both my parents are not working and retirement $ is kosong! medisave also kosong...dad got cancer (just went for an ops...went thru 2-3 chemo) and mum a diabetic...i'm left alone to shoulder not just the medical bills but also their housing loan and monthly allowance..this ACT is useful to put pressure on those heartless and irresponsible people who need to do their duty.

on the other hand, govt needs to know that the pressure on small family (esp those with 1 kid) is huge and they need to look at their system to improve it. can you imagine how much one child can do to support sickly parents? it's challenging both mentally and monetary. worst if your employer is not understanding because you need to send your parents to the hospital all so often when the times come...
                  sorry to hear... need a lawyer leow lah...

heard abt yr dad's condition the last time out with u... how's he now ? how is reponsing to chemo?

my mom had cancer at fallopian tube. so went for op to remove womb and tube etc in feb, doc say one of the lymph nodes also kanna, so in march went for chemo session ( once every 3 wks ), total 6x til june, thn in july went for radio .. 1.8Gy for 28x + 2 more insert into u know where. ... mom tough cookie .. she jst complete her radio couple of days ago. tomolo might go dinner to celebrate her 6mths of torture

the chemo she's on... she lost all her hair on the 3wk after the 1st chemo. ... guess thts the sadest set bck for her ... but now we could see all the hair growing bck, now abt 5mm in lenght... she trying to plan holiday in dec ( when her hair long enough ) .... next wk will go for checkup/ follow up ... hope everything go well.

her op cost abt 15k .. her chemo is abt 2.5 to 3k per session, each bill vary abit... dunno why.. me no doc radio total slightlly abv 10K for whole.... yr dad 1 ex ?

my dad is bedridden, basically no chance of recovery leow, so we got a private nurse and an additional maid at home just to look after him....but now he's in hosp of some complication and infection.

lucky, i got siblings to help out, but still xiong leh, at certain day, visting 3 diff hosp. wow lau. i think tiis yr alone, mst hv visit hosp at least 100 days

best of luck...

Comment

Nursing home says children hardly visit parents to avoid paying fees
                    http://sg.news.yahoo.com/cna/2009082...l-231650b.html

of cos lah... if can afford where got send parents to nursing home...

never watch money no enough 2 ah ...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X