No announcement yet.

~~~How much will you on average spend on a watch? ~~~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True.. for SGD300 you can get a seiko.. but seiko dont come with sapphire crystal, strong anti-reflective coating, at that price, most dont even come with superlumed dials and hands...

SGD is actually a severe super low price for that kind of watch actually.

sapphire crystal: SGD100
    superlumed application: SGD100 if sent for reluming, I seriously doubt anyone will do a relume for that kind of price...
    strong anti-reflective coating unlike that of homage watches: SGD50
    movement: SGD50
    custom made strap and deployment: SGD80
    Cases?
    Water pressure test?

I have considered most factor before I made the decision, that if I decided on such a decision, the product will be far better than what you have seen in the stores... You are probably buying more due to the quality than the brand..

of course, its up to the individual..

Comment

how about using swiss movement instead of HK/China movement..
      I'm a super low-baller

Comment

Swiss movements are too expensive..

However, hong kong movements are very reliable as well... almost to the standard to swiss movements. The technology now there is quite scary... Why pay more for the name "swiss"?

I wish I can have the watches now to show you guys...

Comment

I'm not discounting the reliability of HK movement, bear in mind ppl are willing to pay more for SWISS, that's a reason why Sea-gull's tourbillon not popular although only cost friction of swiss tourbillon.
          I'm a super low-baller

Comment

sounds interesting. I am definitely interested. Feel free to PM when u have the finish product.

but just curious. why use , 21,600 beat per sec movement? wont the sweeping motion lag?

or u planning on small seconds i.e PAM or PAM homages?
            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

i think the specs sounds good ... i am willing to pay more if the movements are from japan.

I think 1 key thing is the design. Must be nice n cool. I saw those marina militaire which is cheap n looks realy nice like PAM.

I will support if the designs r nice for me.

Comment

Oh, I intend to use faster beats.. but It appears that the factory there has stop producing such movements...

the second is a long sec hand... I will keep you all informed soon...

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                sounds interesting. I am definitely interested. Feel free to PM when u have the finish product.

but just curious. why use , 21,600 beat per sec movement? wont the sweeping motion lag?

or u planning on small seconds i.e PAM or PAM homages?

Comment

Let me know when you have a prototype on hand. I'll be keen to have a look.

Comment

I think your product is very interesting. Many will be keen to see the end product. Looking forward to see you posting picts of the watches.

Many brands are going towards value in their products. For the price paid I would look at:

1. Brand - Branding commands premium. Many brands uses ETA movements but still retain value that is much higher. Intrinsic value. Brand history, if no history cook story of co. Cooking story is highly delicate. It is the image of the brand, a face to relate to. However, cooking fantasy is risky in this increasing knowledgeable market.

2. Quality - quality in current market is paramount. especially for a new brand. once reputation is damaged very difficult to repair. HK movement may be good but there is question of reputation. Can offer different movements at once and test the market. Like UBoat having japanese movements models. I think your watches will fall into value for money for a start. Quality can be felt once the watch is held in hand. Somehow with a high quality finish, the steel just felt more expensive.

3. Design - without good design it will look cheap (or inexpensive) and ugly (unrefined design). Nobody will buy.

To add, now citizen, seiko, have sapphire glass watches in quartz, even auto. I almost bought a citizen auto with date n sapphire glass, see through back, leather strap with folding clasp for less than 300 some time back. Think about 260 after discount. Not to forget lower end swiss makes like Tissot, Cyma... are not too far off in price.

I m not to give cold shower here, just a reality check of my opinion for you to consider. Also the competitors. Afterall it still boils down to design. Many brands start with distinct design. In any age there will new brands starting. Some will still make it even without history.

My 2 cents.

All the best to you. When you launch pls post it here ok
                    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Me looking forward to your pics too , will support fellow forumer !
                      Focal JM_Labs .
                      "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                      Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                      Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                      Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                      Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                      Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                      Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                      Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                      Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                      Cartier Santos 100XL
                      Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words and feedbacks, I really appreciate it a lot!

Comment

Have your watch arrive in Singapore?

Comment

hehe, not yet.. Do wait a bit longer, I actually had them done quite some time ago, but I keep changing some stuff so to improve on them... Will keep them updated, thanks!

Comment

How about at least some pictures of the proto-type for review?
                              Thanks
                              My Small Collection :
                              GMT II 16710 Coke U series
                              JLC Master Control ( May 2008 )
                              Daytona SS White ( Jan 2009 )
                              Porsche Design P6310 Red ( Feb 2009 )
                              Azimuth Back In Time ( Wrist lounge special edition ) ( Jan 2010 )
                              PAM 312 ( Feb 2010 ) ( Send me an offer for this baby if you are interested)

Look Look See See for :
                              BNIB 1995 ( W series ) Rolex sport model

Comment

Currently, the photos and drawings I have are not convenient to show, I will post some photos soon..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X