~~~How much will you on average spend on a watch? ~~~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~~How much will you on average spend on a watch? ~~~

Since my JC days, I have been tampering with the idea of creating my own line of product. It is always my dream to see people wearing my designs and this gives me the utmost satisfaction.. Beginning of last year, I decided to combine my love for watches together with my dream and create my own brand of high-quality watches. However, I hope you guys can give me some advice and stats to help me to accomplish my work.

May I know if how much on average will you all spend on a watch? If possible, I would assume new brands of watches when you didnt hear before..

Anyway, my automatic watches will have sapphire crystals, very strong luminous markers...

Do give me some advice ya?

This is very subjective because people of varying income will spend differently. Another consideration is the branding of the watch, i.e. paying $5k on a ROLEX vs a Seiko. And also, are you referring to a specific period, like in a month/year? If you read the postings here enough, you'll realise that some here can spend a few thousand dollars to buy few watches; or on just one watch. Some can accumulate expensive watches in a short span of a few months, while others not even one, over a year or two.

So, how to advise
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

There will also be people having different wants on a watch. Some are into movements, while others on brands, and some, purely on aesthetics. There will also be combinations among the categories. To help you a little, I will ask myself these qns:

a) Will I spend $6k (& above) to buy a ROLEX/IWC/Pam/
      JLC/GO...?
      Yes.

b) Will I spend the same amount to buy a Sinn/Hamilton/
      Oris/Fortis/Anonimo/Stowa/Steinhart/TAGHeuer...?
      No.

Confused?
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Hmm... I mean for new brands which you haven't heard before.. ie... my brand..

I intend to do this at minimal profit like a project and will do the reluming and pressure testing myself.. What I am really targeting is for those people who are ignorant about watches.. I think I am going to set the price around SGD300 for my sapphire crystal, strong luminous markers that last for 6 to 8 hours, very strong anti-reflection coating, automatic movement watches..

Unfortunately, people who dont wear watches will think it is siao to pay SGD300 for a good quality timepiece.

Comment

Originally posted by RTS View Post
          Hmm... I mean for new brands which you haven't heard before.. ie... my brand..

I intend to do this at minimal profit like a project and will do the reluming and pressure testing myself.. What I am really targeting is for those people who are ignorant about watches.. I think I am going to set the price around SGD300 for my sapphire crystal, strong luminous markers that last for 6 to 8 hours, very strong anti-reflection coating, automatic movement watches..

Unfortunately, people who dont wear watches will think it is siao to pay SGD300 for a good quality timepiece.

pictures and more technical details be good....or else how to gauge....
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I can only post the photo when the finished product arrives in Sep.

Meanwhile, thanks for every bro's advice esp Orion who specially pm me and offer his advice..

Comment

I can only post the photo when the finished product arrives in Sep.

Meanwhile, thanks for every bro's advice esp Orion who specially pm me and offer his advice..
              how about the technical specs???

Comment

The specs are
                1) Sapphire crystal with Strong coating of Anti-reflective coating
                2) Heavy construction of Stainless Steel, 3 atm water resistance, Soild caseback
                3) Strong bright green luminous hands and dials that last 6 to 8 hours
                4) Hong kong automatic movements, 21,600 beat per sec, 1 year warranty on the movement.
                5) Brown custom made leather strap with deployment. I can order metal bracelet but it is a bit expensive to order so many.

Comment

The specs are
                  2) Heavy construction of Stainless Steel, 3 atm water resistance, Soild caseback
                  4) Hong kong automatic movements, 21,600 beat per sec, 1 year warranty on the movement.
                  5) Brown custom made leather strap with deployment. I can order metal bracelet but it is a bit expensive to order so many.
                  Thanks for the info...seem like a great watch...will be looking forward to see the pics soon...

Best wishes for your new venture....

Feilong108

Comment

thanks, I hope you guys can give me more feedback as well..

Comment

thanks, I hope you guys can give me more feedback as well..
                      wats will be the name of the brand?

Comment

o i c... i think with the specs, the price is ok. whether it sells, this will depend on how u package it. in this case, the aesthetic shld b te selling point.

Hope to see more.
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by yeshe View Post
                          wats will be the name of the brand?
                          Shh.. Secret...

Comment

The specs are
                            What about the size? 40mm, 44/45mm, 47mm.
                            Own distinctive identity or a homage watch?

Comment

Shh.. Secret...
                              Hi Bro not to dampen your spirits but I really think this venture won't work too well... Reason being Singaporeans are not very receptive to new brands, or for that matter, self created brands. For the price point of 300, I think that pp will go for brands like Seiko or Citizen instead. There are many other brands selling at this price too...

As for automatic movement, homgages that look like the real thing( well almost) that have about the same movement sell for the same price point too...

Having said so, if you are still very enthusiastic about your venture, you can give it a try... Nobody knows what will happen... It might be very successful....

Just my 2 cents.
                              PAM 233K :woohoo:
                              IWC BP 5004 :D
                              Explorer II Z Series white dial :yay:
                              Casio Pro Trek :appluse:

One last one: JLC Tribute to Polaris 68 re-edition

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X