PAP volunteer molested teen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAP volunteer molested teen

Hw come this molest case so lenient? $2000 fine nia? no cane and nothing else...

A PEOPLE'S Action Party grassroots leader who molested a 14-year-old girl in a hotel room two years ago was fined $2,000 on Wednesday.

David Chee Dah Wei, 29, an insurance agent, pleaded guilty to hugging the girl at a hotel in Upper Serangoon Road at about 3am on June 4, 2007.

A district court heard that the victim, who is now 16, befriended Chee in 2006. He was then vice-chairman of the Paya Lebar Kovan youth executive committee.

On June 4, 2007 at around 1am, the victim was out with Chee at a bowling centre.

Her father had been trying to get her to go home but she refused.

She followed Chee around. He subsequently took her to Hotel 81 Kovan at about 3am.

While surfing the Internet at the corner of the bed, he hugged her from behind. She pushed him away because she was scared and uncomfortable with his actions.

Earlier that day, she had seen a packet of condoms inside his backpack, said Deputy Public Prosecutor Lynda Lee.

She subsequently left the hotel with two of her friends who came to the hotel to look for her.

Pleading for a fine, Mr Chung Ping Shen said the act was minor, and the incident occurred wiithout any premeditation on his part.

He urged District Judge Roy Neighbour to consider his client's excellent record in serving the community and his involvement in various grassroots activities.

Chee could have been jailed for up to two years or fined or caned or received any two of such punishments.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_406499.html
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

wow..$2000 sentence too light for him sia....!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Can't really comment on this... Pretty sensitive topic as it involves our Government.... But fine only is letting him off too lightly.... Or from another perspective maybe the girl send him the wrong signal?
      PAM 233K :woohoo:
      IWC BP 5004 :D
      Explorer II Z Series white dial :yay:
      Casio Pro Trek :appluse:

One last one: JLC Tribute to Polaris 68 re-edition

Comment

no comments
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

My understanding of the law on molest, i.e. Outraging the modesty of a woman, under Section 354 of the Penal Code, Chapter 224, is that the said offence is compoundable in Court. Which means, the victim is allowed to drop the charge against the accused, as long as there is some form of restitution made to the victim, in any form that is legal, and deemed fit by the victim, such as monetary compensation, open apology, etc.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

The girl is sending wrong signals? I'd ignore any signal a 14 year old boy or girl sends, right or wrong
            Sweet 16:
            PP Aquanaut
            VC Overseas
            AP ROO Black Themes
            A.Lange & Sohne 1815
            Breguet Type XXI
            Blancpain 50 Fathoms
            JLC Navy Seals
            GO Senator 60s
            GP Laureato
            Zenith Pilot Extra Special
            Rolex DSSD
            IWC Big Pilot
            Pam 112
            Omega Ploprof
            Breitling Super Avenger
            Glycine F104

Comment

errr... agree .. but that is if you have prior knowledge that the girl is her correct age. In some cases, the perpetrators did not know of the actual age until the "act" was committed, and trust me, when a girl makes up, it is hard to determine her real age!
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Personal experience

Just to share when I was in Sec 4, during one classmates outing, my classmate brought his girlfriend and we introduced. She claimed to be the same age as us (around 16 yrs) and she was a little taller than her boyfriend; has black, long, silky and straight hair (down to near waist level); dressed decently and a little make-up.

At the end of the outing when I was travelling back with my classmate, he asked if I actually believed the girl was her age and I said yes, after recalling her looks and character+personality+demeanour....., and guess what?!

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

tat's one expensive hug...enuff said
                  Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                  "Foreign affections"
                  1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                  2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                  3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                  4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                  What's NEXT?

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                    Just to share when I was in Sec 4, during one classmates outing, my classmate brought his girlfriend and we introduced. She claimed to be the same age as us (around 16 yrs) and she was a little taller than her boyfriend; has black, long, silky and straight hair (down to near waist level); dressed decently and a little make-up.

At the end of the outing when I was travelling back with my classmate, he asked if I actually believed the girl was her age and I said yes, after recalling her looks and character+personality+demeanour....., and guess what?!

What!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                      no comments
                      you should said "not dare to comment"
                      I'm a super low-baller

Comment

Not for me to comment too...

Originally posted by Muachee View Post
                        you should said "not dare to comment"

Comment

haha no need comments, we all know can liao

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                            What!
                            She was taking her psle tat year ! Thinking back.. really.. I'd still make the same mistake nw. Very diff to determine the age of a girl.
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                              She was taking her psle tat year ! Thinking back.. really.. I'd still make the same mistake nw. Very diff to determine the age of a girl.
                              omg... so hard to differentiate sia..
                              Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X