Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you suffer from watch buying withdrawal symptons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you suffer from watch buying withdrawal symptons?

most of us time our watch purchases. some of us target 1 watch 1 year.

the period in between buying watch is a research, ponder, save money, .....process.

do you suffer from watch buying withdrawal symptons between the current purchase and the next purchase?

if you do suffer from withdrawal sympton, what do you?

care to share your experience?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Oh, this is very common for me and I get strong "symptoms" like this for long periods . Simply due to lack of vitamin "M". Few ways I did to overcome (suppress):

Talk about it

I talk to people who are into watches. Share knowledge and experiences. So SG-Roc is one avenue.

Small buys

Sometimes buying less expensive watches and accessories can ease off some "pain". It need not be just buying for yourself but others like a Casio/Seiko watch for birthday gift, etc-etc.

Ready to help

This can only happen when there's opportunity to, ie when someone approaches you to recommend a good buy or trusted watch dealer. You extent help and find ways to get him/her the better deal. In this manner, you can also benefit yourself with more up-to-date knowledge.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Between my last watch purchase till now...more to a year already man...now immune liao

I find thrill in digging for watches at home or other cool stuffs

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
        most of us time our watch purchases. some of us target 1 watch 1 year.

the period in between buying watch is a research, ponder, save money, .....process.

do you suffer from watch buying withdrawal symptons between the current purchase and the next purchase?

if you do suffer from withdrawal sympton, what do you?

care to share your experience?
        hmmm... i just look at CFO and my bank account...that stops me from buying..

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        Oh, this is very common for me and I get strong "symptoms" like this for long periods . Simply due to lack of vitamin "M". Few ways I did to overcome (suppress):

Talk about it

I talk to people who are into watches. Share knowledge and experiences. So SG-Roc is one avenue.

Small buys

Sometimes buying less expensive watches and accessories can ease off some "pain". It need not be just buying for yourself but others like a Casio/Seiko watch for birthday gift, etc-etc.

Ready to help

This can only happen when there's opportunity to, ie when someone approaches you to recommend a good buy or trusted watch dealer. You extent help and find ways to get him/her the better deal. In this manner, you can also benefit yourself with more up-to-date knowledge.

bro, my birthday still few months away....you've the chance to ease your pain liao...this weekend i go collect watch catalogues and discuss with u in details.

Andrew, Bro Dino and you are my BFFs!!
        I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
        A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
        Audemars Piguet ROO
        Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
        De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
        Habring2 Pilot Time Date
        Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
        Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
        IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
        Panerai 270
        Patek Philippe 5711/1a
        Rolex 116610LV
        Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

hhmmm sounds familiar...

i tot i can offset my withdrawal for Rollies by getting cheaper but still quality watches.. namely the Seiko divers... but in the end i get hooked to another addiction! Now I have 2 addictions how?...

My first two Rollies were in May/June 2008... this year May/June period, I got a total of 7 Seikos.. 2 of them as birthday presents... hehehehe

sigh... any medication?
          In The Bag
          Him
          Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
          Her
          Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
          Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

been damn long since i last bought a watch.. Moolah issue so cannot complain...
            A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Tay
              hi james,

u can drop by my hse...i let u choose my collection of baby-g.....blue, grey, white, steel....on your birthday.

My BFF!!!
              I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
              A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
              Audemars Piguet ROO
              Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
              De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
              Habring2 Pilot Time Date
              Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
              Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
              IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
              Panerai 270
              Patek Philippe 5711/1a
              Rolex 116610LV
              Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                Between my last watch purchase till now...more to a year already man...now immune liao

I find thrill in digging for watches at home or other cool stuffs
                Talking about this... it's July liao....

Comment

wah i sure suffer cause i also lack of vitamin M no choice i either go visit all the watch websites to admire the watches for free or go outside watch shops to window shopping haha. sometimes i trade my watches with ppl lor haha. but now shopping have to put on hold cause currently i cant go out much kanna a world wide disease that the world is currently fighting against sian lor

Comment

so u are quarantine now? think positive bro..u r still get paid while u are resting...hehe
                    Current - Seiko,Rolex,Sinn,AP & RM
                    Future - Geneva hallmark
                    Past - TH Carrera CV2010, Pam 111, 16610, Pam 233, 116610LV

Comment

i in sales lei go by commission, i just kanna out process by army. they said wont pay and my company wont pay me too and i feel like **** now

Comment

vit M issue too. trying to get a cheap alternative to SD to ease the pain. sadly, cant find anything nice and at an affordable price haiz...
                        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

stay focus...

Comment

vit M is what all of us lack sia...
                            Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Originally posted by cedric View Post
                              Talking about this... it's July liao....
                              looks like have to delay but this year must must come...

Didn't really focus..got 2 LV bags in like 1 month =X

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X