How Do You Expect Your Watch to be in 10-15 Years' Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Expect Your Watch to be in 10-15 Years' Time

Have you ever wonder how your watch will look like in 10-15 years' time? Dial looks aged? Hands oxidised? Crystal scratched? Or just looks as new as it is now?

Open for discussion. Thanks.

Dino

i don't mind if anything happens to it eventually, afterall, watches are probably like humans, they can't live forever...will eventually have to get replaced over time.

enjoy time while it lasts. time waits for no man.
    Opportunities come once

Comment

i would say, externally it should still look decent. after all, i follow the principle of sending it for a full service after 5 years.

my explorer II has been with me for more than 15 years already. still look decent. it shows its age, scratches, but still looks in ok condition
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Got photo or not?
        Simplicity, an encapsulation of complexity.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
          i would say, externally it should still look decent. after all, i follow the principle of sending it for a full service after 5 years.

my explorer II has been with me for more than 15 years already. still look decent. it shows its age, scratches, but still looks in ok condition
          I think it should age gracefully with time if well taken care of .

Maybe you can post photos to show. Thanks.

Dino

Comment

as requested.

more pictures will come.

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
            2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

I think this fine example of EXPII will continue to stay as mint as it is for the coming years.....

as requested.

more pictures will come.

Comment

maybe when i take pictures of the side case, u wont use the word 'mint'

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                I think this fine example of EXPII will continue to stay as mint as it is for the coming years.....

kindly email with
                2. your nick

Comment

now u can see the grim, dirt, dink on the side case....do u still think it will be mint?

this watch is 19 years as of this year.

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

now u can see the grim, dirt, dink on the side case....do u still think it will be mint?

this watch is 19 years as of this year.
                    It shows that yours is not a safe queen, exactly what I was asking.

If the watch is with you for 19 years, then it's not too bad. It has its' own identity & character. I think you'll treasure it more as you have gone through thick & thin with the watch. The watch may even have some sweet memories for you.......

Dino

Comment

It depends how often one wears it, and under what circumstances when worn. My watches should look like they were never worn after 10-15 years (I hope).
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

this is my first rolex, went to many countries. went through thick and thin. i really love this watch. it can be considered my daily beater.

i will never part with this.

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                          It depends how often one wears it, and under what circumstances when worn. My watches should look like they were never worn after 10-15 years (I hope).
                          Wow Bro, can you teach us how you wear your watch & yet it'll look like it's never been worn before. Buying watch from you must be very careful whether BNIB, also cannot tell

Dino

Comment

Think I've described how I looked after my watches here. Not too difficult. I wear them sparingly (like 1-2 times a week), and usually when I'm wearing long-sleeve shirt in air-con environment. And being an honest person, I won't pass off "lnib" watches for "bnib"
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

he has special position when using keyboard.

kindly email with
                              2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X