What food to makan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by honestdeal View Post
    Depending what's the content inside. If normal ones, ya it is expensive. I usually have mine with crayfish. SEDAP !! If i am not wrong is SG 12.50. Portion is big too.
    mine beef nia. chap wui (cantonese for combination) usually A$1 more

Originally posted by louie View Post
    SC,the prices you quoted seems like double the pirces here in sg....salaries in aussie also double up as compare in sg..?
    heh.... depends on where you sit on the food ladder sometimes more sometimes less
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
      now i felt really fortunate living here...5 mins walk,got hor fun,zhi cha,laksa,lor mee,chai phen. ( luv hate this stall,cos of the long long Q...most expensive stall at the mall,one packet easily 4-5 dollars! But i tell you is really sidap!!) Bro, you miss the tea halia frm jalan kayu...
      In terms of food...I can't agree more...that Chap Chai Peng (mixed dish rice) u're talking about...I had it in Carousel (Perth) food court...couldn't believe it...S$12!!!

Comment

why food is generally more expensive in aussie for similar items can be attributed to

1) minimum wage salary
        2) the portion they serve is typically more.

spore also got $12 mixed rice veg depending where u go. competition is keen in sg, but in perth, u dont have many places to go for asian food.

also the people there seldom engage in price war, that is how they maintain their high prices. in sg, there is price war, so it drives down prices. i mean u go to a hawker centre, u can see 3 or 4 chicken rice stalls. in perth, u go to one food court, only got 1 stall selling chicken rice, so is like u want to eat, u pay this price. take it or leave it. then again, if aussie dont travel overseas say to sg, they would think that the chicken rice selling by a singaporean/msian is authentic liao.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

In the States, avg price per person per meal is around US$12... on the other hand, gas is damn cheap there...

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            why food is generally more expensive in aussie for similar items can be attributed to

1) minimum wage salary

spore also got $12 mixed rice veg depending where u go. competition is keen in sg, but in perth, u dont have many places to go for asian food.

also the people there seldom engage in price war, that is how they maintain their high prices. in sg, there is price war, so it drives down prices. i mean u go to a hawker centre, u can see 3 or 4 chicken rice stalls. in perth, u go to one food court, only got 1 stall selling chicken rice, so is like u want to eat, u pay this price. take it or leave it. then again, if aussie dont travel overseas say to sg, they would think that the chicken rice selling by a singaporean/msian is authentic liao.

I heard food is expensive in Australia, but if u do ur own cooking, u save a lot. Tio bo ?

Comment

yes. u save a substantial amount. take for example a week grocery for lunch and dinner would cost about 70. this would work out to 10 per day. but if you were to have lunch and dinner outside, it would cost u double on avg.

I heard food is expensive in Australia, but if u do ur own cooking, u save a lot. Tio bo ?
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Ya... Eating out in Australia is rather pricey... same regardless if you are at Melbourne or Perth when compared to Singapore...

But since go there for holiday, boh chap... rather enjoy than to feel hungry at night. hahaha
                Last trip to Melbourne in 2007, we stayed at a BnB where we can use the kitchen to cook for my kid.. the host was really nice.. then we ate 'at home' for two nights... the host son cooks a wicked selection of western food.. we double ordered the last night cos it was too good to miss..

Anyone going to Melbourne needing such an arrangement, pls pm me.. I believe I still have their contact.. nice family...

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                - GMT II
                - GMT IIc TT
                - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                - U1
                - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                  Ya... Eating out in Australia is rather pricey... same regardless if you are at Melbourne or Perth when compared to Singapore...

But since go there for holiday, boh chap... rather enjoy than to feel hungry at night. hahaha
                  Last trip to Melbourne in 2007, we stayed at a BnB where we can use the kitchen to cook for my kid.. the host was really nice.. then we ate 'at home' for two nights... the host son cooks a wicked selection of western food.. we double ordered the last night cos it was too good to miss..

Anyone going to Melbourne needing such an arrangement, pls pm me.. I believe I still have their contact.. nice family...

Bro, most of singapore cases of H1N1 comes from Melbourne. am not sure the reason but everytime there are new cases, there will be one or more from here thou. sigh .... when is this ending ...

Comment

Originally posted by Ballwatch View Post
                    In terms of food...I can't agree more...that Chap Chai Peng (mixed dish rice) u're talking about...I had it in Carousel (Perth) food court...couldn't believe it...S$12!!!
                    that is the normal price. no choice

1) minimum wage salary

spot on!! but the serving size, depends, sometimes its the same size , however when we were comparing, we were discounting the other factors

of course, that is why im still at home

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                    In the States, avg price per person per meal is around US$12... on the other hand, gas is damn cheap there...
                    the gas prices in US is very nice. once again as triton pointed out, there are differences in competition, wage, etc etc. but when comparing item to item, converted to a common currency, it sounds good

yes. u save a substantial amount. take for example a week grocery for lunch and dinner would cost about 70. this would work out to 10 per day. but if you were to have lunch and dinner outside, it would cost u double on avg.
                    my weekly shopping for myself works out to be about $30-40 just on food. other things that i dont buy everyday creep in such as rice, etc.
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X