No announcement yet.

FT desperate to become PR lied to ICA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FT desperate to become PR lied to ICA!

2 weeks' jail for PR applicant
    Has appealed as he fears a jail term would mean repatriation
    By Khushwant Singh

A CONSTRUCTION worker, who rose to become the boss of two building firms within seven years, wanted so desperately to become a Permanent Resident (PR), he broke the rules.

Lin Shuliang was on Wednesday jailed for two weeks for lying about his educational qualifications in his applications.

The 38-year-old Chinese national had pleaded guilty on June 1.

A district court heard that he had claimed to have graduated from the Fuqing San Shan Middle School in Fujian province in China.

He even attached his school-leaving certificate but a check by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) revealed it was a fake.

The judge could have fined him up to $4,000 or jailed him for up to a year or imposed a fine and a jail term. Lin is appealing against the sentence.

His lawyer Chia Boon Teck had earlier asked District Judge Jasbendar Kaur not to impose a jail term as Lin was very worried that the chances of being repatriated would be much higher if he receives a jail sentence than if he was just fined.

'As Lin is the only person with full control of the operations, he would be forced to wind up his successful business if he is jailed for a long period or repatriated,' said the lawyer.

One of his two companies, Ying Cheng Construction, generated a net profit in excess of $1 million in the last fiscal year, the lawyer added.

Lin is currently involved as a sub-contractor in 10 projects. These include the Singapore Art School and the building of several condominiums and residencies.
    "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

wah... net profit over 1million also need to lied meh?
    I'm a super low-baller

Comment

well, he got caught lying, i dont that is called talent . so i reckon jail him, cane his ass, and ship him back using fedex. that will teach the monkey not to misbehave.

as i say "slaughter the monkey to teach the monkey!" because if you start to slaughter chicken, the monkey may think you are making chicken rice
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

fedex expensive leh.. later our CPF will shrink in interest again.. can use normal post to ship bo? cheaper and cost cutting mah..
        I'm a super low-baller

Comment

well..obviously money can't buy honesty or brains....
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Muachee View Post
            fedex expensive leh.. later our CPF will shrink in interest again.. can use normal post to ship bo? cheaper and cost cutting mah..
            ok fine. ship using surface mail
            Blue 6694
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

This chap is indeed a talented, its a short cut and a stepping stone for them to migrate again to another country. I have known of a few Chinese national doing that after obtaining Singapore passports (Loop holes).

Comment

unbelievable that the sg gov't still not closing their loopholes
                Blue 6694
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X