Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you MIGRATE if given a chance and ability to do so??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you don't enjoy enough, you wouldn't work hard enough...

but I should say, indonesians are more risk takers than us, that's why they success in many ways...

Originally posted by RTS View Post
    lol, you really very optimistic leh.. They seems only capable of enjoying...

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
      i think what you refering to as jurong point should be renamed "big bangladesh"

eh, i also wanna go ion but, do accept my apologies, if i think im somehow in manila
      Wah lau eh.... even aussie citizen also know abt our little bangladesh ah.. :
      A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

I have been doing Business in Indonesia for decades. It's not Indonesians are risks takers, it's just that their governing systems in their country gave them the way & opportunties.....to make good monies. How i wish i had the opportunities like them.

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
          If you don't enjoy enough, you wouldn't work hard enough...

but I should say, indonesians are more risk takers than us, that's why they success in many ways...
          i think the Taiwanese,Hong kongers are the risk takers...

Comment

But looking at how they do business, there are lots of risk involved, there is no set of rules or regulations. You take the risk, there is opportunity. If it is just their governing systems in their country gave them the way and opportunities, why not all indonesians are rich men/women?

Originally posted by Frogmen View Post
            I have been doing Business in Indonesia for decades. It's not Indonesians are risks takers, it's just that their governing systems in their country gave them the way & opportunties.....to make good monies. How i wish i had the opportunities like them.

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
              Wah lau eh.... even aussie citizen also know abt our little bangladesh ah.. :
              i think soon you will have a bangali kampong and it will be a matter of time before a bangali mp goes to office

But looking at how they do business, there are lots of risk involved, there is no set of rules or regulations. You take the risk, there is opportunity. If it is just their governing systems in their country gave them the way and opportunities, why not all indonesians are rich men/women?
              when i was in business with a swiss supplier, whom had migrated to jakata, he was lost to the governance (or lack of!), now, he tends to like the system there, as it gives him the freedom to operate effectively (his terms not mine)

like another of my saying "there is two sides of a coin" you cannot see from just one side, experience both sides, then talk.
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

I am just as ignorant as most of the Singaporeans... lol

But I always thought that chinese Indonesians was "forced" to do business as the govt restrict them in many ways..

Comment

I guess the Moon in other countries is always rounder.....
                  having been born overseas (i can take up foreign citizenship anytime) and having lived outside of singapore for the many recent years, i can say i wouldn't want to leave my sunny little red dot.

from my observations of asians overseas: many people who migrate late in their life find it more difficult to cope than the younger migrants. having overseas family support makes it easier. as a result, a fair number return back to their country of origin at a later time...

i went to pri, sec sch and jc here. i've cheong sua with my buddies and completed my NS. my parents and siblings (also eligible for foreign citizenship) are in singapore and my wife is also now a singaporean - my family is here.

singapore will always be my home. each trip back to changi airport gives me a sense of "returning home" and belonging.

outside of singapore, everything is harsher, tougher, slower... i planned to leave when i was younger, but have since matured and changed my mind.

no country is perfect, including singapore (i'm thinking of reservist/IPPT, expensive housing and ridiculous car ownership system), yet many HNW individuals around the world have chosen to relocate and settle in singapore as PRs/SCs over other countries...
                  “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

to each his/her own. some people die die also wont give up, on the other hand, some will chiong at the earliest opportunity.

as always, circumstances always make/break the cycle.
                    Blue 6694
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                      to each his/her own. some people die die also wont give up, on the other hand, some will chiong at the earliest opportunity.

as always, circumstances always make/break the cycle.

Well said. Go where where the opportunies are. If one cannot survive at one place, no matter how good or how deep the roots are, you have to go means you have to. Just like how our ancestors migrated here.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogmen View Post
                        Well said. Go where where the opportunies are. If one cannot survive at one place, no matter how good or how deep the roots are, you have to go means you have to. Just like how our ancestors migrated here.
                        modern day migration isn't the same as during the era of our ancestors...

if one has the ability to migrate to a "better" country, one would probably also have the ability to make a good life for oneself in singapore...

but i agree, to each his own...
                        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

i doubt it is the good/lousy life. rather a changing experience is the essence to people migrating.

ive known s'poreans who migrate to Oz, only to return 1-2yrs later. Why? Not because they didnt like it, or they cannot make it, they just wanted a change, and the change they were hoping for, couldnt materialise.
                          Blue 6694
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

before migration, i think it is important to spend at least a couple of months living in the place before considering a permanent move. this is see if their expectations are met. new country means having to make new friends, new lifestyle, new home, etc......adapting is important.
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                              having been born overseas (i can take up foreign citizenship anytime) and having lived outside of singapore for the many recent years, i can say i wouldn't want to leave my sunny little red dot.

from my observations of asians overseas: many people who migrate late in their life find it more difficult to cope than the younger migrants. having overseas family support makes it easier. as a result, a fair number return back to their country of origin at a later time...

i went to pri, sec sch and jc here. i've cheong sua with my buddies and completed my NS. my parents and siblings (also eligible for foreign citizenship) are in singapore and my wife is also now a singaporean - my family is here.

singapore will always be my home. each trip back to changi airport gives me a sense of "returning home" and belonging.

outside of singapore, everything is harsher, tougher, slower... i planned to leave when i was younger, but have since matured and changed my mind.

no country is perfect, including singapore (i'm thinking of reservist/IPPT, expensive housing and ridiculous car ownership system), yet many HNW individuals around the world have chosen to relocate and settle in singapore as PRs/SCs over other countries...
                              Well said

Originally posted by triton View Post
                              before migration, i think it is important to spend at least a couple of months living in the place before considering a permanent move. this is see if their expectations are met. new country means having to make new friends, new lifestyle, new home, etc......adapting is important.
                              I feel couple of months not enough. At least 6-12 months.
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                                that is true. when my old man migrate here, he came to perth often, and stayed, went back, visit again, and this cycle went about several times; it was once that my parents were sure, did they make the big move. according to them, they havent regretted it; having said that, as business migrants, they had to start a business all over again locally, (close the business in sg). there was a few close calls where my parents were about to move back but they roughed it out.
                                Blue 6694
                                [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X