我报 - Article on owing your first fine timepiece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 我报 - Article on owing your first fine timepiece

Saw this article on 我报 on 12 Jun 09, friday. Sorry guys... too long to translate...

Why only show Cartier watches?

Comment

anyone has time to translate or explain the main gist of this?
      sorry, my chinese super fail one...can read the words but can't make out the meaning. hahha
      humblequartz&mechs:
      gmtIIc.pam104.omegaspeedmaster1152.poljot3150.
      tagheuerf1chrono.philipsteinteslar.tissotprc200.

wantlist:
      toomanywants,toofewdollarsinthekeep.

Comment

If I can make out the words, I will try my best to translate

The pic is not clear enough once I enlarge it. does anyone else have a bigger copy?

Comment

Took a while for the first paragraph.

Tired liao! I go rest le... later if can I translate the 2nd paragraph

Comment

Your first investment in a watch

Expensive watches do hold value, a reporter’s views after an interview with professionals

Looking at your first watch as an investment? Expert’s advice: Get a brand with a timeless history.

“Many watch making companies are restructuring now, you will be seeing brands that will soon be eliminated.” says Mr Christopher Kilaniotis, General Managing Director of Cartier Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Australia. He added “There are many new brands that started in the last decade. These brands are unheard of to start with and they do not have strong watch making backgrounds. I predict that these brands might retreat from this industry and some of them might even be taken over by bigger organizations.”

For the past years, watch prices are appreciating bi-annually, this has made many watch investors happy. Mr Christopher mentioned that prices will sustain currently in this economic weather. He feels that it is a good time to get watches now as he expects the prices to jump once the economy turns brighter.

Timepieces are always in season

CEO of the Longines, Mr Walter von Kanel mentioned in an interview that a recommended selling price for watches is set by the brand. The actua selling price will fluctuate with the demand and economy conditions. He adds that anytime can be a good time to grab a watch as this is a personal and essential item. When you are after a timepiece, it motivates you. The longer the time taken to fulfill this dream, the more precious the purchase will make you feel.

Christopher reminds consumers to monitor your wealth to ensure that you are financially capable before rewarding yourself with a watch that is able to last forever. The best thing about getting watches – they never go out of season.

Mr Walters added that a traditional longstanding brand should be considered when getting your first watch as an investment. These brands ensure their quality.

Christopher: “The longstanding brands in this low economy are doing better than the rest mainly because of the trust they have gain throughout the years. Cartier has survived the 1920 Great Depression, 2 World Wars and many other economic crisis. Like the Santos that was created in 1904, this company has been remembered fondly.”

Comment

Can mods please help to delete my first translation.

Too many mistakes

Comment

I understand what you said... no problem man! Thanks for translating!!!

Comment

thanks edson. i'm not losing out on this article already!
                  humblequartz&mechs:
                  gmtIIc.pam104.omegaspeedmaster1152.poljot3150.
                  tagheuerf1chrono.philipsteinteslar.tissotprc200.

wantlist:
                  toomanywants,toofewdollarsinthekeep.

Comment

thanks edson.

wonder if interview CEO of Rolex would we only see Rolex in the article
                    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Firstly, must tx edson for the translation.

Originally posted by cedric View Post
                      Saw this article on 我报 on 12 Jun 09, friday. Sorry guys... too long to translate...

Yes, saw (not read) this too but can't translate.

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                      Why only show Cartier watches?
                      Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                      thanks edson.

wonder if interview CEO of Rolex would we only see Rolex in the article
                      Guys, com'on cut these (other) brands some slack. ROLEX needs no advertising. It is VERY established already. Give others a chance to be in the media more often. They need it .
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

wonder why would a jewellery brand be advocating wristwatches..
                        Opportunities come once

Comment

How to start your horology collection?

Christopher suggests one should choose your watch according to your character and can portray your achievements in your career. “By sitting at the other end of the table, your colleagues or CEOs of other companies can spot that tasteful watch of yours” “At work, you can pick a gold casing, dark leather with either gold, white or yellow face. After work, a casual stainless steel watch would be a great choice”

Walter sing praises to newly launch Longines Master Collection Retrograde. They are automatic, user-friendly and elegant.

Mechanical watches suits men!

Which is better? Mechanical or Quartz?

Christopher mentioned that mechanical watches are more suitable for guys as are more active in the 2nd hand market. Most of the guys like things like engines and cars. Hence they will be able to appreciate mechanical watches as they are known as art pieces and a lot of precise effort is put into making the timepieces.

The ladies can choose their watches accordingly to their preference, should it be a mechanical or quartz. Most ladies buy watches to signify their status, they do not trade off their watches usually. Unless they do not mind to adjust the time before wearing the watch, a mechanical watch might suit them.

Comment

This is paragraph 2.....

I feel that the CEO very sexist....

ALL CRAP so far

Comment

hee, he meant tat ladies anyhow choose can le don need care ah?
                              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X